Letourneau's a Free Woman!

5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
I'd just like to say that this prison is about five minutes away from my high school! :thup:

----------------------
Ex-Pupil Seeks Contact With Letourneau
By REBECCA COOK, Associated Press Writer

GIG HARBOR, Wash. - Mary Kay Letourneau, the grade school teacher convicted for having sex with a sixth-grade pupil, was released from prison early Wednesday, and her now 21-year-old victim is challenging a court order that bars her from contacting him.

Letourneau, who served 7 1/2 years in prison, slipped unnoticed past the hordes of reporters and gawkers outside the Washington Corrections Center for Women before dawn.

As a condition of her release, Letourneau, 42, can't contact former pupil Vili Fualaau, the father of two of her children.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=533&e=5&u=/ap/20040804/ap_on_re_us/teacher_sex

I read that her victim is trying to get the judicial restraining order preventing contact between the two of them rescinded. He claims that he's in love with her and she claims she is in love with him.

He's also a high school dropout and unemployed. The two of them brought two kids into this world. I can't help but feel sorry for those kids. The mother is a sex offender and the father is her victim and he's messed up. The two are unemployed and will likely go on welfare. I would wager if the two of them got together, reality would set in and they'd eventually split up.

I also feel sorry for her ex-husband and the four kids that she had with him. It must be pretty humiliating to be the spouse or the child of a well known sex offender.

I wouldn't be surprised if some nut in Hollywood makes a movie about this mess. It will probably make the two out to be star crossed lovers who are prevented by the legal system from having a life together. It'll be a "Romeo and Juliet" for child molesters.

KarlMarx said:
I read that her victim is trying to get the judicial restraining order preventing contact between the two of them rescinded. He claims that he's in love with her and she claims she is in love with him.

He's also a high school dropout and unemployed. The two of them brought two kids into this world. I can't help but feel sorry for those kids. The mother is a sex offender and the father is her victim and he's messed up. The two are unemployed and will likely go on welfare. I would wager if the two of them got together, reality would set in and they'd eventually split up.

I also feel sorry for her ex-husband and the four kids that she had with him. It must be pretty humiliating to be the spouse or the child of a well known sex offender.

I wouldn't be surprised if some nut in Hollywood makes a movie about this mess. It will probably make the two out to be star crossed lovers who are prevented by the legal system from having a life together. It'll be a "Romeo and Juliet" for child molesters.

This story makes me physically ill. No joke. No smilies.

KarlMarx said:

Actually, i was listening to him talk earlier and it sounds like they are working on a book deal or something.

I cant imagine being a 21 year old with a 7 year old kid. thats messed up.

Forum List

Back