Let the Excuses Begin

I notice how both parties are just fine when money and influence buy them an election, not so much when it buys the election for the other guys.

Until we deal with the issue as a whole, the problem will continue.

It's all about the money from now on, questions of platform or plan are secondary to how many billionaires vote for you with big piles of cash. I do not think there is a solution, they just spent decades getting things like this and they are not going to let the rabble mess it up with calls for transparency and balance.

I think there's a solution, getting money out of politics as much as possible, but I'm not holding my breath. The zealots are happy with the way things are. I don't know how to get from here to there.

Air time costs money, internet ads cost money, paying the best people costs money. Money is the only politics in a plutocracy, the American people only have themselves to blame letting it go this far. Perhaps it has to get a hell of a lot worse before we wake up, tea-publicans are just the crew to do it.

It's all about the money from now on, questions of platform or plan are secondary to how many billionaires vote for you with big piles of cash. I do not think there is a solution, they just spent decades getting things like this and they are not going to let the rabble mess it up with calls for transparency and balance.

I think there's a solution, getting money out of politics as much as possible, but I'm not holding my breath. The zealots are happy with the way things are. I don't know how to get from here to there.

Air time costs money, internet ads cost money, paying the best people costs money. Money is the only politics in a plutocracy, the American people only have themselves to blame letting it go this far. Perhaps it has to get a hell of a lot worse before we wake up, tea-publicans are just the crew to do it.

I think the OWS have the upper hand there. I think they cost municipalities a lot more $ than the Tea Party. I know for a fact they got a lot more air time. :lol:

Like how far spending went in support of Obama in 2008? :lol::lol::lol:

Actually, Walker is probably going to jail, he's been caught in so many dodgy deals.

But the Democrats have flipped the Senate, and will probably retake the house on Obama's coat-tails in November, so Walker's reign of terror against working folks is done.

If you say so Sparky......lol

Look up "Scott Walker John Doe" investigation. Walker's in trouble.

He survived because the Kochsuckers outspent the oppossition 8-1, and people thought it was an abuse of the recall system.

But Walker is pretty much radioactive at this point. 18% of people who said they were against the recall still plan to vote for Obama come November.

you Dims are desperately after Walker by hook or by crook......

well you failed to hook him out of office and your desparate secret "John Doe probe" to convict him will also be a failure....

face it.....Obama threw your precious unions under the bus to save his own azz and all you can do now is kick and WHINE.....:eusa_boohoo:

Democrats were clearly out of touch with reality in Wisconsin and despite the absurd recall, wasted millions, and union thuggery nothing changed..............

Now its time to hear the same old delusionary tales of oppression, disenfranchisement and bought elections from leftist retards........

A good day for the people and workers of Wisconsin

Large amounts of out of state money from big corps kept Walker in office, no office was "won". Look at this rationally, if possible.

So you're saying out of state money paid voters to vote in favor of Walker? Is that the same then from the perspective of Obamas win in 2008?

Democrats were clearly out of touch with reality in Wisconsin and despite the absurd recall, wasted millions, and union thuggery nothing changed..............

Now its time to hear the same old delusionary tales of oppression, disenfranchisement and bought elections from leftist retards........

Large amounts of out of state money from big corps kept Walker in office, no office was "won". Look at this rationally, if possible.

Yea well and Obama doesn't take any foreign $, well he says he doesn't, Axlerod says he doesn't but alas.............it's all a big secret for the most transparent government, evah!!

But it wasn't always the case. During 2008, the Obama campaign didn't show any interest in going beyond the letter of the law in disclosing its donors to the general public. Despite public pleas from campaign-finance reform groups such as Common Cause and Democracy 21, Team Obama refused to follow Senator John McCain's lead and release names of donors who gave less than $200, even though such donors supplied about half of the $800 million the Obama campaign raised.

Speaking of Foreign Money, What About Obama's? - WSJ.com

It was just the "small stuff", only 1/2 of the $800 million. He always stays within the letter of the law, no more, no less. :)

i seem to remember lots of "out of state" money spent by the national unions for people bussing into Wisconsin to put on a big protest show and occupy the Wisconsin capitol....not to mention 24/7 coverage in the lamestream media.....what was that....chickenfeed....?

i seem to remember lots of "out of state" money spent by the national unions for people bussing into Wisconsin to put on a big protest show and occupy the Wisconsin capitol....not to mention 24/7 coverage in the lamestream media.....what was that....chickenfeed....?

It is chicken feed compared to the 7-1 filet mignon the WI Reps feasted on.

It is chicken feed compared to the 7-1 filet mignon the WI Reps feasted on.

no... the filet has always been eaten by the Dems in terms of coverage....

how about the Reps get 24/7 favorably-biased media coverage for months on end like the Dems do......and right before an election....?
do you have any idea how much that would cost if they had to pay for it....?

You stupid fuking rethugs.

IF money does not buy elections, why the hell was the money spent?

Are you saying that the people of Wis. were not able to make a voting decision without hundreds of millions of dollars spent on ads? Is that what you think.

You think Citizens United won't make a difference. Why was it fought for. Money does not buy elections, it just helps a lot. Right?

As to Obama spending billions. If you all didn't want Obama elected in 08, you should have outspent him.

It is your own cheap ass fault that you couldn't raise enough money to defeat him in '08.

But will you all make that mistake again is the question.

And talk about "butt hurt". I have had to listen to you assholes whine and bitch ever since Obama was elected. And he was elected, so deal with it. If you all would pull your heads out of your ass, maybe it wouldn't hurt so much.

how did money work ou tin the NJ governors race?

If you say so Sparky......lol

He survived because the Kochsuckers outspent the oppossition 8-1, and people thought it was an abuse of the recall system.

But Walker is pretty much radioactive at this point. 18% of people who said they were against the recall still plan to vote for Obama come November.

well you failed to hook him out of office and your desparate secret "John Doe probe" to convict him will also be a failure....

face it.....Obama threw your precious unions under the bus to save his own azz and all you can do now is kick and WHINE.....:eusa_boohoo:

Hey, one way or another, Walker is going down... learn to deal.

If you paid attention, I've said that the Recalls were a bad idea. I said they were a bad idea last year when most of them failed.

Like how far spending went in support of Obama in 2008? :lol::lol::lol:

Yes, another good example. Not sure why you find that funny.

What's the matter? Did your Walker victory not have enough satisfaction? Is it not enough to win, the other has to lose? Some of you people have no class, now it's time hear tales democratic gloating and classlessness.

So, you're saying that you would never have done this had Barrett won? Riiiiiiiight... :eusa_whistle:

Hey, one way or another, Walker is going down... learn to deal.

If you paid attention, I've said that the Recalls were a bad idea. I said they were a bad idea last year when most of them failed.

How do those sour grapes taste, loser?

Are you saying that the people of Wis. were not able to make a voting decision without hundreds of millions of dollars spent on ads? Is that what you think.

You think Citizens United won't make a difference. Why was it fought for. Money does not buy elections, it just helps a lot. Right?

As to Obama spending billions. If you all didn't want Obama elected in 08, you should have outspent him.

It is your own cheap ass fault that you couldn't raise enough money to defeat him in '08.

And talk about "butt hurt". I have had to listen to you assholes whine and bitch ever since Obama was elected. And he was elected, so deal with it. If you all would pull your heads out of your ass, maybe it wouldn't hurt so much.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The money was spent to get the word out.

If you all didn't want Governor Walker re-elected in '12, you should have outspent him.

It's your own cheap ass fault that you couldn't raise enough money to defeat him in '10 and '12.

And talk about "butt hurt". I have had to listen to you assholes whine and bitch ever since Walker was elected. And he was elected, so deal with it. If you all would pull your heads out of your ass, maybe it wouldn't hurt so much.

:eusa_boohoo:

Ah ha ha ha ha!

Big Labor Unions vs Big Government

Let them decimate each other.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The money was spent to get the word out.

If you all didn't want Governor Walker re-elected in '12, you should have outspent him.

It's your own cheap ass fault that you couldn't raise enough money to defeat him in '10 and '12.

And talk about "butt hurt". I have had to listen to you assholes whine and bitch ever since Walker was elected. And he was elected, so deal with it. If you all would pull your heads out of your ass, maybe it wouldn't hurt so much.

:eusa_boohoo:

Ah ha ha ha ha!

Well you're wrong about this, he wasn't just elected, he was elected TWICE!! :lol:

"I watched the Wisconsin returns on MSNBC Tuesday night, and it came right down to the wire between "the Democrats were outspent 7-to-1" and "Republicans are stripping union rights!" As we go to press it's still too close to call.

President Obama wanted to go to Wisconsin, but he just didn't have time. He's been doing so many campaign fundraisers lately he barely has time to play golf.

The left's "outspent" argument is ridiculous. Unions take money by force from members, hire hundreds of political operatives and give them salaries to work on campaigns, then call them "volunteers" so their work isn't reported as a campaign contribution.

Luckily for them, government employees' non-punishing work schedules leave them plenty of time to be in a constant state of grievance, demanding recalls after any election they lose, and mobilizing voters.

This election had nothing to do with people being paid a fair wage for the work they do. The question is: Do you want a society where the people whose salaries you pay make more than those who pay them?

The Democrats will do anything the government unions ask, because (1) It's not their money they're spending, it's the taxpayers'; and (2) Government unions reciprocate by making sure the Democrats keep getting re-elected.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo is about to turn New York into Pottersville from "It's a Wonderful Life" by legalizing gambling so he can keep paying the unions.

All manufacturing has been driven out of the state by high taxes -- and by well-compensated government employees who make it impossible to do business in New York. The state's principal cash cow, New York City, is now entirely composed of a tiny slice of Wall Streeters and the people who serve them –- personal trainers, doormen, maids, doctors, lawyers, restaurateurs and Keith Olbermann's cat groomer......."

Ann Coulter - June 6, 2012 - THE RECALL HEARD AROUND THE WORLD

I love it. The Dims and the union slugs started this whole thing and plenty of union dollars and others were spent ginning it up and keeping it running. But then the other side spent even more money and they got their asses kicked. Strictly because they got outspent you understand, not because voters are smart enough to know when they're getting screwed by spoiled public union folks.

Look for more of it to come too. People in other states will want their public union clowns to pay their own way too just like everyone else.

Forum List

Back