Let me 'splain somethin'.............

Some Popes throughout history have been some of the meanest MF'ers. They were outright ordering to have people tortured and murdered. Innocent people, charged with things like "heresy", who they had "feuds" with or perhaps other reasons. Why would any God allow such evil people to infiltrate his church? The Roman Catholic is one of the earliest denominations of Christianity too.

Are you a psychiatrist? What leads you to think I have psychological issues.. that is not very nice....
God is compassionate and caring, but according to HIS definition - not yours.
I am not interfering in anyone else's religion. Only speaking what I know to be true about my beliefs. If that strikes a nerve in some, maybe it's God trying to tell them something..........

You have an interpretation of the bible and a conception of God formed from mans word and written text.

So when I make that statement my God is a compassionate and caring GOD you don't disagree with the tenet, you just have issues that I say it is my God and the way he views things.

I tried to convey religion is a personal experience, you keep wanting to stick to your zealot guns, it's my way or it's wrong.

When I said religion was a personal experience that means in interpretation of religious beliefs and rituals.

You missed the part about religions being societal road maps.

You keep coming out here speaking about your beliefs, unfortunately others have beliefs too.

Does that make yours supreme??

You say it does based on your interpretation of the lords word, what about others interpretation??

You God didn't suggest you not be judgmental?? overbearing?? obnoxious??

Funny mine did ..................

God is God - there is only 1 and he's everyone's God.
We will all have to face Him and answer to Him 1 day.
Stating that fact, well, if you view that as judgmental, overbearing and obnoxious, I'm sorry you feel that way.
I believe it is important for everyone to come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Not because it does anything for me personally - but because I am commanded to do it.

Your opinion is that there is only 1 God.

Others hold the opinion that there are many gods and some point out that since there is zero evidence for any gods there are probably none since every god ever invented was done so by mankind.

Ten commandments does not say there are no other gods, just that no other gods should be held above the god of moses.

If jesus is god, why pray to jesus instead of directly to god. Why a crucifix at all if god is god and wants no idols? Why god the father, god the son......, it should be just god and nothing more.

Why pray? It should be no more than a simple, thank you god and be on your way. If you are troubled, talk to it, don't pray. Why does god need to be worshiped or beg favors from?

God is God and deserves relationship with us. That is why we were made by him and what he desires.
That is why we pray.
There are other scripture in the Bible that denounce having other God's. Idol worship etc.
Anything that come before God is an Idol.
People can have opinions, that's fine. they can make their own opinions in life, no one (not even God)denies that.
Jesus, God and Holy Spirit are 3 in 1. 3 persons; 1 God.

Some Popes throughout history have been some of the meanest MF'ers. They were outright ordering to have people tortured and murdered. Innocent people, charged with things like "heresy", who they had "feuds" with or perhaps other reasons. Why would any God allow such evil people to infiltrate his church? The Roman Catholic is one of the earliest denominations of Christianity too.

that's because a Pope is not necessarily a Christian.
A Pope is NO different than any other Christian.
His power is given by Man, not God.

I think God is a lot like me

I don't demand that my children worship me. When I feed them dinner, I don't demand that they bow and give me thanks. I don't demand that they set aside one day a week to worship me
I don't threaten them with expulsion from my kingdom if they don't properly Worship the ground I walk on

I just want them to be good people

God wants us to love and worship him.
Not because he is a controlling ego-maniac.
Because he is GOD! He is LOVE! and he loves us unconditionally.
Without God, we are NOT GOOD! Only God in us can make us good..............

It loves unconditionally but wants worship. That is not unconditional. Unconditional requires nor expects anything in return.
if love is conditional it should not care if we are good or bad. If god is god and wants us to be good, why did it create us with brains, emotions, free will and desire? That is a set up for failure, even on a small scale. If god can make us good, why are we anything but, it pulls the strings and controls us.........or is it really god at all? Maybe what people perceive as god is just a malicious poltergeist playing games with us?

god is god, god is good............ all evidence to the contrary and you still spout the same empty words as if it explains anything

2x2=4
ag is silver
gravity is m/s^2................... that is not an explanation

And so is your bible! Lol! All written by men of those times.

There you go again...

I don't demand that my children worship me. When I feed them dinner, I don't demand that they bow and give me thanks. I don't demand that they set aside one day a week to worship me
I don't threaten them with expulsion from my kingdom if they don't properly Worship the ground I walk on

It loves unconditionally but wants worship. That is not unconditional. Unconditional requires nor expects anything in return.
if love is conditional it should not care if we are good or bad. If god is god and wants us to be good, why did it create us with brains, emotions, free will and desire? That is a set up for failure, even on a small scale. If god can make us good, why are we anything but, it pulls the strings and controls us.........or is it really god at all? Maybe what people perceive as god is just a malicious poltergeist playing games with us?

god is god, god is good............ all evidence to the contrary and you still spout the same empty words as if it explains anything

2x2=4
ag is silver

Worship is given out of Love.
God wants our love.
If we love Him, we will want to worship Him.

... men who were led by the Holy Spirit to write God's words...

2x2=4
ag is silver

God wants our love.

And where is the "free will" involved in "love me or I will burn you for eternity or disown you?"

There you go again...

You have a problem with this MG?

2x2=4
ag is silver

God wants our love.

And where is the "free will" involved in "love me or I will burn you for eternity or disown you?"

You have free will
What is the problem with loving God? Why would you resist His love?

And what evidence is there that these men were led by anything? Where is the evidence other than some words they wrote?

2x2=4
ag is silver

God wants our love.

You have free will

No, making threats is not giving a person "free will."

And what evidence is there that these men were led by anything? Where is the evidence other than some words they wrote?

The evidence is in your heart. What you know can't not be true.......

2x2=4
ag is silver

God wants our love.

You have free will

That is like saying, well you can do this if you want, but if you do it I'm going to torture you to death.

2x2=4
ag is silver

God wants our love.

You have free will

No, making threats is not giving a person "free will."

It's not a threat.
It's a gift. Freely given.

The evidence is in your heart. What you know can't not be true.......

WTH? This doesn't even MEAN anything. Just a bunch of mumbo jumbo that doesn't make sense.

Forum List

Back