Let me 'splain somethin'.............

So, if God was so loving, why would he make us flawed individuals? So we have free will? So if we are imperfect and choose wrongly, we deserve an eternity in hell or "away from an afterlife" (whatever). WTF kind of GAME is this? What kind of "god" would do such a thing and create such beings? That is fucking cruel. If my child who I actually do love did something bad, I would never want him to be tortured for even a second!!

I've got to say, that's not much of a "choice." Lol. :D

Salvation is not about heaven or hell.
It's about life or death.

Oh geebus, are you having a religious melt down? I thought you loved me? :D

I do love you.
I wouldn't waste time messaging you here if I didn't.....

Oh, cut it out. I'm blushing now. :D

Yeah well I have that effect on people.... but normally it's red in the face out of anger.... !

If you discovered a truth that changed your life, wouldn't you want to tell other people about it?
I have already acknowledged you have a choice in the matter............

Really? What's my choice? Heaven or Hell? ;)

Your choice is much like Adam and Eve.
Go your own way
Or follow and obey God, accepting his sacrifice for forgiveness of your sins.
This free gift is available to all.

Well then, I expect to see you refrain more in the future from your sinful ways. :D

... but you're not God.. or maybe you are, in your own eyes......

I don't have any need to have or to be a god. I just live my life the way I see fit for myself.

Most people do.....

I'll ask you this.... ask (not demand...)
Try to understand that most Christian's (true Christian's) are only trying to give a message that they feel would be in your best interest. You may not want to hear it, but, don't always assume the worst... that they are trying to make you feel guilty or are not necessarily out to put their agenda on you.....

There ARE those that will do that, granted, but, try to hear the message and ignore the delivery.
I will admit my delivery needs work...... I don't want to come across as arrogant, obnoxious or pushy.. I really don't.....

IOW, if you act "human" you are a sinner. It makes no fucking logical sense at all. None.

Human nature is sinful.
It was not originally intended to be that way, but, because we chose to defy God, here we are....

IOW, if you act "human" you are a sinner. It makes no fucking logical sense at all. None.

Human nature is sinful.
It was not originally intended to be that way, but, because we chose to defy God, here we are....

Ridiculous. Let's put this another way, the murderer, who has taken multiple lives, destroyed families and hurt many people, on his deathbed, decides he suddenly feels sorry for what he's done. He really does, so he asks God to forgive him, and God says, oh sure, all is forgotten and you are forgiven. Then, there is the person who is a "logical thinker." This person thinks mostly with the "other side" of their brain (which is a scientific FACT - some people are just more logic oriented than others and it is in their brain and they can't help it), so this person needs evidence in order to hold a belief. Since there is no evidence of any god, this person does not believe and yet might help people every day, be a very nice and good person, but this person will go to hell for eternity or be "separated" from God for eternity? Does this sound right and "just" to you?

Really? What's my choice? Heaven or Hell? ;)

Go your own way

Well then, I expect to see you refrain more in the future from your sinful ways. :D

I don't have any need to have or to be a god. I just live my life the way I see fit for myself.

Most people do.....

Try to understand that most Christian's (true Christian's) are only trying to give a message that they feel would be in your best interest. You may not want to hear it, but, don't always assume the worst... that they are trying to make you feel guilty or are not necessarily out to put their agenda on you.....

There ARE those that will do that, granted, but, try to hear the message and ignore the delivery.
I will admit my delivery needs work...... I don't want to come across as arrogant, obnoxious or pushy.. I really don't.....

I'm just trying to understand the wackiness of it all.

I think God is a lot like me

I don't demand that my children worship me. When I feed them dinner, I don't demand that they bow and give me thanks. I don't demand that they set aside one day a week to worship me
I don't threaten them with expulsion from my kingdom if they don't properly Worship the ground I walk on

I just want them to be good people

God wants us to love and worship him.
Not because he is a controlling ego-maniac.
Because he is GOD! He is LOVE! and he loves us unconditionally.
Without God, we are NOT GOOD! Only God in us can make us good..............
God just doesn't get it

You are the all powerful master of the universe. If you get people to worship you only because you threaten them......it doesn't really count

Ever notice that of all the attributes that mankind has given God like being angry, loving, jealous, forgiving, arrogant, vengeful, judgmental, etc, they missed the single most important one of all!

A sense of humor!

And they probably forgot to give him one because his sycophantic worshipers all seem to be seriously lacking when it comes to a sense of humor themselves.

I don't demand that my children worship me. When I feed them dinner, I don't demand that they bow and give me thanks. I don't demand that they set aside one day a week to worship me
I don't threaten them with expulsion from my kingdom if they don't properly Worship the ground I walk on

God just doesn't get it

You are the all powerful master of the universe. If you get people to worship you only because you threaten them......it doesn't really count

Ever notice that of all the attributes that mankind has given God like being angry, loving, jealous, forgiving, arrogant, vengeful, judgmental, etc, they missed the single most important one of all!

A sense of humor!

And they probably forgot to give him one because his sycophantic worshipers all seem to be seriously lacking when it comes to a sense of humor themselves.
Like I said....I want a god I can sit down and have a beer with
Not a God I have to fear

God just doesn't get it

A sense of humor!

Not a God I have to fear

Why do you think God is a God to be feared?
What makes you think He's like that?

God just doesn't get it

A sense of humor!

Actually, God does have a sense of humor. Who says he doesn't?
The main quality of God people should recognize and embrace is ... Love ...

Go your own way

Most people do.....

I was an atheist/agnostic for over 30 years (nearly 40) - I don't take this stuff lightly....
I thought people were a joke that believed in God.
Weak people that needed "help" dealing with life.....
In and of my own power, I can do nothing to persuade anyone of anything....
I can't force my will (or even God's will) on people, I can only speak to my beliefs and experiences.
I just hope that in some small way, they can respect, appreciate and perhaps even consider all the options set before them.....

Most people do.....

I was an atheist/agnostic for over 30 years (nearly 40) - I don't take this stuff lightly....
I thought people were a joke that believed in God.
Weak people that needed "help" dealing with life.....
In and of my own power, I can do nothing to persuade anyone of anything....
I can't force my will (or even God's will) on people, I can only speak to my beliefs and experiences.
I just hope that in some small way, they can respect, appreciate and perhaps even consider all the options set before them.....

You see? I don't care about what other people believe. I live my life according to my own beliefs and not someone else's, and I also don't obsess about other people's lives.

God just doesn't get it

A sense of humor!

Actually, God does have a sense of humor. Who says he doesn't?
The main quality of God people should recognize and embrace is ... Love ...

What love? What about the little children in Africa? Is it of their own free will that they starve death?

God just doesn't get it

A sense of humor!

Not a God I have to fear

Old Testament

God just doesn't get it

A sense of humor!

Not a God I have to fear

Old Testament

OT? What about Jesus, his own son??? Why on earth would he create a son to take on the sins of all mankind and be tortured to death? That's fucking crazy!

What about these little babies? What did they ever do to God? Do they somehow deserve this for some sin they committed, or is it of their own "free will"? How could any "loving" god create such creatures to live with the torment of hunger and pain every day until they die of starvation or some disease?

hqdefault.jpg

Are you a psychiatrist? What leads you to think I have psychological issues.. that is not very nice....
God is compassionate and caring, but according to HIS definition - not yours.
I am not interfering in anyone else's religion. Only speaking what I know to be true about my beliefs. If that strikes a nerve in some, maybe it's God trying to tell them something..........

You have an interpretation of the bible and a conception of God formed from mans word and written text.

So when I make that statement my God is a compassionate and caring GOD you don't disagree with the tenet, you just have issues that I say it is my God and the way he views things.

I tried to convey religion is a personal experience, you keep wanting to stick to your zealot guns, it's my way or it's wrong.

When I said religion was a personal experience that means in interpretation of religious beliefs and rituals.

You missed the part about religions being societal road maps.

You keep coming out here speaking about your beliefs, unfortunately others have beliefs too.

Does that make yours supreme??

You say it does based on your interpretation of the lords word, what about others interpretation??

You God didn't suggest you not be judgmental?? overbearing?? obnoxious??

Funny mine did ..................

God is God - there is only 1 and he's everyone's God.
We will all have to face Him and answer to Him 1 day.
Stating that fact, well, if you view that as judgmental, overbearing and obnoxious, I'm sorry you feel that way.
I believe it is important for everyone to come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Not because it does anything for me personally - but because I am commanded to do it.

Your opinion is that there is only 1 God.

Others hold the opinion that there are many gods and some point out that since there is zero evidence for any gods there are probably none since every god ever invented was done so by mankind.

Ten commandments does not say there are no other gods, just that no other gods should be held above the god of moses.

If jesus is god, why pray to jesus instead of directly to god. Why a crucifix at all if god is god and wants no idols? Why god the father, god the son......, it should be just god and nothing more.

Why pray? It should be no more than a simple, thank you god and be on your way. If you are troubled, talk to it, don't pray. Why does god need to be worshiped or beg favors from?

Forum List

Back