Let me see if I am getting this straight...

really, they don't

I would bet soldiers have been killed after falling for that ruse.

factor in that we are dealing with an enemy that has no inhibitions to blowing himself up in order to kill a few American Infidels before you so naively believe a surrender ruse.

Shoot first, accept surrender later.
Actually, they do.

Otherwise we wouldn't have 200+ detainees at Gitmo, and scores more now being shipped to other countries for interrogations.

So all those people surrendered on a battlefield?

I don't think so.

I am sure some of them were captured against their will in a raid of some sort.

Actually I think the VAST majority were rounded up based on people with an axe to grind. You don't NEED to prove your allegations you just need to whisper in the right ear to get someone you don't like to be taken into custody.

Remember we based our evidence for invading Iraq on a guy code named "CURVEBALL" I mean can you get any more INSANE than that.

Actually I think the VAST majority were rounded up based on people with an axe to grind. You don't NEED to prove your allegations you just need to whisper in the right ear to get someone you don't like to be taken into custody.
"It's not the truth of the charges that matter. What matters is the severity of the charges." -- Nancy Pelosi.

Pretty sure I just called out OBAMA for his vote to reautorize the "Patriot" act. I kinda think that EVERYONE who voted for that POS law should be removed from the Congress and posibly charged for sedition.
Your thread title was a rhetorical question, "Let's see if I am getting this straight."

Answer: You're not.

No I think I am getting it exactly right......

No rights as a combatant..........And

No rights as a civilian.

"It's not the truth of the charges that matter. What matters is the severity of the charges." -- Nancy Pelosi.

Gawd she is a scary bitch!

Pretty sure I just called out OBAMA for his vote to reautorize the "Patriot" act. I kinda think that EVERYONE who voted for that POS law should be removed from the Congress and posibly charged for sedition.
Your thread title was a rhetorical question, "Let's see if I am getting this straight."

No rights as a civilian.

yes that is the penalty for fighting in a war and being AN ILLEGAL COMBATANT as defined by the good folks who met in Geneva.

Pretty sure I just called out OBAMA for his vote to reautorize the "Patriot" act.
What vote? The President doesn't have a vote.

Before he became President.
He voted against it when he was a Senator.

But he was all FOR the recent re-upping and expanding of it. But he didn't have a vote then, as I said.

No rights as a civilian.
You're not getting it right. It's more like:

"Rights when we say, for who we say, only to use as a political football against Booooosh. The rest of the detainees can still rot in jail with no charges, no trial. They're not useful as political pawns."

Starting to see the light yet?

No rights as a civilian.

yes that is the penalty for fighting in a war and being AN ILLEGAL COMBATANT as defined by the good folks who met in Geneva.
Are you saying that they have been - and should continue to be - treated in accordance with the Geneva Convention?

But he was all FOR the recent re-upping and expanding of it. But he didn't have a vote then, as I said.

No rights as a civilian.

"Rights when we say, for who we say, only to use as a political football against Booooosh. The rest of the detainees can still rot in jail with no charges, no trial. They're not useful as political pawns."

I am just about positive that Obama voted for it before he became President.

No rights as a civilian.

You're just about positively wrong.

No rights as a civilian.

Yeah I can see your point there.

No rights as a civilian.

Are you saying that they have been - and should continue to be - treated in accordance with the Geneva Convention?

Yep. illegal combatants have NO rights under the Geneva convention. I blame bush for the fact they are still alive.

No rights as a civilian.

Yeah I can see your point there.
Getting all wee-wee'd up about what they're doing right NOW, not last administration, is a sure ticket to redemption and enlightenment, and usefulness of your time and energies.

But he was all FOR the recent re-upping and expanding of it. But he didn't have a vote then, as I said.You're not getting it right. It's more like:

Well I guess I don't have to be pissed at him for voting for the "Patriot" act then. :)

Sirhan Sirhan is serving more time than other murderers because he shot a Kennedy.

He assassinated a US Senator.

How long do you think he should be held?

Shouldn't he receive the same sentence and parole considerations any murderer would get?

there are other people convicted of first degree murder that are walking the streets today are there not?

Do you think that other people convicted of first degree murder should be walking the street?

Well I guess I don't have to be pissed at him for voting for the "Patriot" act then. :)

unfortunately you do because he did. grrrrr :evil: i hate the patriot act.

and you never did clarify why you think my original post in this thread was disgusting when I said
What was so disgusting about my post?

All I said was:

1) The enemies on the battle field should be shot on sight
2) Those who we do capture should be given quick military tribunals after interrogation

easy peasy

whats so disgusting about that?

i am very persistant and wont shut up until you say something :lol:

Forum List

Back