Let me see if I am getting this straight...

Cold Fusion38

SUPER GENIUS
For all of you who don't want the terrorists(ACCUSED) to be tried in US courts AND you didn't want them to be called ENEMY COMBATANTS, which would allow them protections under the Geneva conventions, then just WTF DO you want? Do you want to just imprison people FOREVER on the SUSPITION that they are terrorists? Just a little factoid here for ya. After the first WTC bombing we ARRESTED, TRIED, and CONVICTED those responsible in US COURTS!!!

Do you understand how completely UN-American it is to imprison people with NO charges NO right to hear the charges against them, no right to an attorney, no right to see EVIDENCE against them, and be held INDEFINATELY for as long as we WANT to keep them. Are any of you aware that there were over a hundered SUSPECTS released from GitMo under the BUSH admin? Golly we're sorry we abducted you, tortured you, and imprisoned you for a couple of years but you can go now.

For all of you who don't want the terrorists(ACCUSED) to be tried in US courts AND you didn't want them to be called ENEMY COMBATANTS, which would allow them protections under the Geneva conventions, then just WTF DO you want? Do you want to just imprison people FOREVER on the SUSPITION that they are terrorists? Just a little factoid here for ya. After the first WTC bombing we ARRESTED, TRIED, and CONVICTED those responsible in US COURTS!!!

Umm... those were people on American soil... the foreign non-military-combatants were not American Citizens, were not members of a national military, were not legal visitors to America, and were not on American soil

Do you understand how completely UN-American it is to imprison people with NO charges NO right to hear the charges against them, no right to an attorney, no right to see EVIDENCE against them, and be held INDEFINATELY for as long as we WANT to keep them.
Are you aware that's still going on, and is going to continue going on, with selected subjects? Are you aware that Eric Holder said that if KSM is acquitted, we will still be holding him indefinitely?

The REAL question you should be asking yourself is, "Why?"

Why doesn't justice apply to all?

Umm... those were people on American soil... the foreign non-military-combatants were not American Citizens, were not members of a national military, were not legal visitors to America, and were not on American soil

The INSTANT that GWB claimed a WAR on terrorism then he ESCALATED them to military status. I mean I guess if Bush had trown pallets of uniforms out of C-130s then you may have a point that they should have been in uniform but since BUSH claimed war on an IDEAOLOGY rather than a COUNTRY then those who WE attacked have a right defend themselves. Do I agree with the tactics NO but neither did the British when we fought for Independence.

The INSTANT that GWB claimed a WAR on terrorism then he ESCALATED them to military status. I mean I guess if Bush had trown pallets of uniforms out of C-130s then you may have a point that they should have been in uniform but since BUSH claimed war on an IDEAOLOGY rather than a COUNTRY then those who WE attacked have a right defend themselves. Do I agree with the tactics NO but neither did the British when we fought for Independence.
In short?

sigpic18621_3.gif

Do you understand how completely UN-American it is to imprison people with NO charges NO right to hear the charges against them, no right to an attorney, no right to see EVIDENCE against them, and be held INDEFINATELY for as long as we WANT to keep them.
Are you aware that's still going on, and is going to continue going on, with selected subjects? Are you aware that Eric Holder said that if KSM is acquitted, we will still be holding him indefinitely?

We have our own political prisoners here.

Sirhan Sirhan is serving more time than other murderers because he shot a Kennedy. So why not hold a fucking murdering terrorist who btw admitted his culpability already.

the thing that bothers me about this whole soon to be circus of a trial is that we will necessarily be making public our intelligence gathering techniques and our intelligence agents will be publicly testifying thereby destroying any future of operating covertly and some of them will quite possibly have to go into witness protection to protect their families.

It's just a bad idea to give these enemy foreign nationals the same rights as an American citizen.

Let them be tries in a military court where they belong.

Bush swore them into a sovereign nation foreign military?? I don't think so

I guess by your (faulty) logic, all drug users fall under the Geneva convention with the war on drugs

Those whom WE attacked?? No.. the fucking terrorist assholes decided to attack us... just because we had to hunt them down with a military force does not afford them Geneva convention right, nor the rights of a legal US visitor nor those of a US citizen

Nice try

You mean WHY we sold out EVERY VALUE that makes America a country of FREEDOM and a BEACON to all the world? Do you mean WHY we sold ourselves out to become a country of rampant nationalism and a centralization of powers to the FED with the "PATRIOT" act? And yeah I know Obama voted to reauthorize the patriot act and I disagree with that vote INTENSLEY!

the thing that bothers me about this whole soon to be circus of a trial is that we will necessarily be making public our intelligence gathering techniques and our intelligence agents will be publicly testifying thereby destroying any future of operating covertly and some of them will quite possibly have to go into witness protection to protect their families.
None of this is necessarily so. The only thing the defense will have discovery rights for, is what the Government intends to actually USE.

We don't know what the Government intends to USE as evidence.

You mean WHY we sold out EVERY VALUE that makes America a country of FREEDOM and a BEACON to all the world? Do you mean WHY we sold ourselves out to become a country of rampant nationalism and a centralization of powers to the FED with the "PATRIOT" act? And yeah I know Obama voted to reauthorize the patriot act and I disagree with that vote INTENSLEY!
I mean, WHY, stupid ass, is all of this continuing? WHY will there still be detainees held indefinitely without trial? WHY has the Patriot Act been renewed and expanded?

Are you ready to ask the right questions yet?

Do you understand how completely UN-American it is to imprison people with NO charges NO right to hear the charges against them, no right to an attorney, no right to see EVIDENCE against them, and be held INDEFINATELY for as long as we WANT to keep them. Are any of you aware that there were over a hundered SUSPECTS released from GitMo under the BUSH admin? Golly we're sorry we abducted you, tortured you, and imprisoned you for a couple of years but you can go now.

The 5th amendment actually is intended to make sure that people are not imprisoned without some legal justification like a law that was broken. A criminal can stand up in court and demand what law he has broken and if the courts can't provide the law then he can not be punishished.

This is what the 5th amendment is for but since it says "person" it includes a wide range of govt activities so one would have to wonder how any military action skates by the 5th amendment. The answer is that in any military engagement when people are captured they are charged under military law so now the defendant aka prisoner can be told what charges they are being held under like conspiracy to engage in an act of war against the United States. This is all that is needed, in my opinion, to satisfy the 5th amendment so the prisoners at gitmo can be charged with such a violation and still be held there.

I also don't understand how any of this can be UN-american because how is it possible for any of us to become Unamericans? How is any idea capable of being American or Un-american when America just denotes a geographical location where people live under a common set of laws. This idea seems strange....

Last edited:

Sirhan Sirhan is serving more time than other murderers because he shot a Kennedy. So why not hold a fucking murdering terrorist who btw admitted his culpability already.

It's just a bad idea to give these enemy foreign nationals the same rights as an American citizen.

Maybe we should just EXECUTE every SUSPECT that would take care of the problem right?

You should be asking, "WHY if this is really about our high ideals, does it only apply to the very few and not to ALL? WHY these guys and not the others?"

But, that would require the impossible -- critical thought on your part.

None of this is necessarily so. The only thing the defense will have discovery rights for, is what the Government intends to actually USE.

We don't know what the Government intends to USE as evidence.

It would be nice to know that there is SOME evidence, at least a LITTLE bit more than what we had on all those we released from GitMo. I hope we didn't base any of the detainments on info from "CURVEBALL".

1) Shoot to kill on the battlefield taking no prisoners
2) Military Tribunal as soon as any interrogations are done.

Easy Peasy, lemon sqeezy.

Maybe we should just EXECUTE every SUSPECT that would take care of the problem right?

Who said anything about executing? I did not.

So stop the hyperbole and histrionics.

Keeping it simple for you now.

These terrorists are NOT US citizens but foreign nationals who are complicit in the largest act of mass murder ever perpetrated on US soil.

They do not qualify for the same rights. privileges and legal protections that are guaranteed to American Citizens in the Constitution.

They are foreign combatants and should be treated as such. We did not try Nazis captured in Germany for war crimes in US civilian courts did we?

Last edited:

they were opperating under a declaration of war by their leader...they were out of uniform and were not operating under the rules of war...that makes them spies....they should be questioned and shot at dawn....

1) Shoot to kill on the battlefield taking no prisoners
2) Military Tribunal as soon as any interrogations are done.

Easy Peasy, lemon sqeezy.
When they drop their weapons and come out, hands in air saying "no mas, por favor -- stop firing! I surrender!" shoot them anyway?

Forum List

Back