Let me see if I am getting this straight...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cold Fusion38, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Cold Fusion38

Cold Fusion38 SUPER GENIUS

Thanks Received:
    In the desert chasing that damn roadrunner.
    Ratings:
    +307
    For all of you who don't want the terrorists(ACCUSED) to be tried in US courts AND you didn't want them to be called ENEMY COMBATANTS, which would allow them protections under the Geneva conventions, then just WTF DO you want? Do you want to just imprison people FOREVER on the SUSPITION that they are terrorists? Just a little factoid here for ya. After the first WTC bombing we ARRESTED, TRIED, and CONVICTED those responsible in US COURTS!!!

2. Cold Fusion38

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +307
    Do you understand how completely UN-American it is to imprison people with NO charges NO right to hear the charges against them, no right to an attorney, no right to see EVIDENCE against them, and be held INDEFINATELY for as long as we WANT to keep them. Are any of you aware that there were over a hundered SUSPECTS released from GitMo under the BUSH admin? Golly we're sorry we abducted you, tortured you, and imprisoned you for a couple of years but you can go now.

3. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Umm... those were people on American soil... the foreign non-military-combatants were not American Citizens, were not members of a national military, were not legal visitors to America, and were not on American soil

4. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    Are you aware that's still going on, and is going to continue going on, with selected subjects? Are you aware that Eric Holder said that if KSM is acquitted, we will still be holding him indefinitely?

The REAL question you should be asking yourself is, "Why?"

Why doesn't justice apply to all?

5. Cold Fusion38

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +307

The INSTANT that GWB claimed a WAR on terrorism then he ESCALATED them to military status. I mean I guess if Bush had trown pallets of uniforms out of C-130s then you may have a point that they should have been in uniform but since BUSH claimed war on an IDEAOLOGY rather than a COUNTRY then those who WE attacked have a right defend themselves. Do I agree with the tactics NO but neither did the British when we fought for Independence.

6. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    In short?

[​IMG]

7. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,013
    We have our own political prisoners here.

Sirhan Sirhan is serving more time than other murderers because he shot a Kennedy. So why not hold a fucking murdering terrorist who btw admitted his culpability already.

the thing that bothers me about this whole soon to be circus of a trial is that we will necessarily be making public our intelligence gathering techniques and our intelligence agents will be publicly testifying thereby destroying any future of operating covertly and some of them will quite possibly have to go into witness protection to protect their families.

It's just a bad idea to give these enemy foreign nationals the same rights as an American citizen.

Let them be tries in a military court where they belong.

8. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Bush swore them into a sovereign nation foreign military?? I don't think so

I guess by your (faulty) logic, all drug users fall under the Geneva convention with the war on drugs

Those whom WE attacked?? No.. the fucking terrorist assholes decided to attack us... just because we had to hunt them down with a military force does not afford them Geneva convention right, nor the rights of a legal US visitor nor those of a US citizen

Nice try

9. Cold Fusion38

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +307

You mean WHY we sold out EVERY VALUE that makes America a country of FREEDOM and a BEACON to all the world? Do you mean WHY we sold ourselves out to become a country of rampant nationalism and a centralization of powers to the FED with the "PATRIOT" act? And yeah I know Obama voted to reauthorize the patriot act and I disagree with that vote INTENSLEY!

10. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    None of this is necessarily so. The only thing the defense will have discovery rights for, is what the Government intends to actually USE.

We don't know what the Government intends to USE as evidence.