Let me see if I am getting this straight...

For all of you who don't want the terrorists(ACCUSED) to be tried in US courts AND you didn't want them to be called ENEMY COMBATANTS, which would allow them protections under the Geneva conventions, then just WTF DO you want? Do you want to just imprison people FOREVER on the SUSPITION that they are terrorists? Just a little factoid here for ya. After the first WTC bombing we ARRESTED, TRIED, and CONVICTED those responsible in US COURTS!!!

1) Shoot to kill on the battlefield taking no prisoners
2) Military Tribunal as soon as any interrogations are done.

Easy Peasy, lemon sqeezy.

King got shot!
So did JFK, lincoln, reagan and my friend Ben Sherman (who died in AFG)

When they drop their weapons and come out, hands in air saying "no mas, por favor -- stop firing! I surrender!" shoot them anyway?

How many soldiers have been killed by enemies using that very ruse?

So play it safe and shoot.
They don't. They accept the surrender and carefully apprehend the individual(s) as conditions allow.

really? they don't?

I would bet soldiers have been killed after falling for that ruse.

factor in that we are dealing with an enemy that has no inhibitions to blowing himself up in order to kill a few American Infidels before you so naively believe a surrender ruse.

Shoot first, accept surrender later.

Last edited:
Sirhan Sirhan is serving more time than other murderers because he shot a Kennedy.

He assassinated a US Senator.

How long do you think he should be held?

Shouldn't he receive the same sentence and parole considerations any murderer would get?

there are other people convicted of first degree murder that are walking the streets today are there not?

The current line of thinking is that when one shoots a public figure in a public place, the penalty should be more harsh. We may not agree with it, but that was the logic brought up during the sentancing phase of sirhan's trial and at parole hearings.
dammit-I am old enough to remember that happening dammit!

Maybe we should just EXECUTE every SUSPECT that would take care of the problem right?

Who said anything about executing? I did not.

So stop the hyperbole and histrionics.

Keeping it simple for you now.

These terrorists are NOT US citizens but foreign nationals who are complicit in the largest act of mass murder ever perpetrated on US soil.

They do not qualify for the same rights. privileges and legal protections that are guaranteed to American Citizens in the Constitution.

They are foreign combatants and should be treated as such. We did not try Nazis captured in Germany for war crimes in US civilian courts did we?

So EVERYONE we have detained were COMPLICIT in 9/11. That must have been one HELL of a large meeting.

Where did I say everyone we have held?

Again with the hyperbole.

KSM and the others slated for this trial have already admitted their part in the WTC attacks.

How many soldiers have been killed by enemies using that very ruse?

So play it safe and shoot.
They don't. They accept the surrender and carefully apprehend the individual(s) as conditions allow.

really, they don't

factor in that we are dealing with an enemy that has no inhibitions to blowing himself up in order to kill a few American Infidels before you so naively believe a surrender ruse.

Actually, they do.

Otherwise we wouldn't have 200+ detainees at Gitmo, and scores more now being shipped to other countries for interrogations.

Both are criminals, correct?

Of course, this is all assuming the bank is on our soil. I should have been more clear. In my hypothetical, it's not.

Shoot anyway?

no one is a criminal the other is an enemy combatant.
We know this simply because one was robbing a bank?

Was he robbing the bank to finance his terror cell?

Oh wait, we wouldn't find that out if we shot his unarmed, defenseless ass.

You CAPTURE when possible, enemy combatants who surrender. Uniform or not.

:eusa_eh:

Enemy combatants in a war zone and someone robbing a bank, while both violent, are not the same.

Enemy combatants shoot to kill. If the bank robber tried to shoot at cops or civilians I say deadly force.

For all of you who don't want the terrorists(ACCUSED) to be tried in US courts AND you didn't want them to be called ENEMY COMBATANTS, which would allow them protections under the Geneva conventions, then just WTF DO you want? Do you want to just imprison people FOREVER on the SUSPITION that they are terrorists? Just a little factoid here for ya. After the first WTC bombing we ARRESTED, TRIED, and CONVICTED those responsible in US COURTS!!!

Umm... those were people on American soil... the foreign non-military-combatants were not American Citizens, were not members of a national military, were not legal visitors to America, and were not on American soil

But they are now....because. we. brought. them. here.

I also remember mlk getting shot. I was living in wnc when ray escaped from brushy prison in etn and that was the only time i remember it being anounced that anyone could shoot him on sight.
same thing- public figure-public place......bigger crime harsher sentence

So, when a bank robber comes out of the bank, hands in air saying, "no mas por favor -- stop firing!! I surrender!!" shoot him anyway?

apples and oranges....
Both are criminals, correct?

Of course, this is all assuming the bank is on our soil. I should have been more clear. In my hypothetical, it's not.

Shoot anyway?

no....one is an alleged criminal and the other is a spy on the field of battle....

alleged criminals are arrested...spies are shot....

really, they don't

Actually, they do.

Otherwise we wouldn't have 200+ detainees at Gitmo, and scores more now being shipped to other countries for interrogations.

So all those people surrendered on a battlefield?

I don't think so.

I am sure some of them were captured against their will in a raid of some sort.

You should be asking, "WHY if this is really about our high ideals, does it only apply to the very few and not to ALL? WHY these guys and not the others?"

But, that would require the impossible -- critical thought on your part.
We can only be responsible for OUR values. If the other mother f'er is a snake belly murdering bastard then that is HIS values. I beleive that the country that has the HIGHER moral ground will ALWAYS win in the end. Call me naive but I just don't think you can win if you become like the people you are fighting. How MUCH of our morals do we give up before we no longer recognize our OWN country. Like I said earlier the "PATRIOT" act is the WORST law EVER enacted in the US. If you want to wave your flag around while the Fed centralizes powers and grabs for ever more invasive survelience powers then you should burn your flag with yourself in it!!!
Hey goofnut. I was not talking about others' values.

Again, they have you all wee-wee'd up about Booooosh when you SHOULD be all wee-wee'd up about THEM. You seem incapable to look at what THEY are doing NOW, which is a far worse perversion of justice and American values than we saw previously.

Wise up!

Pretty sure I just called out OBAMA for his vote to reautorize the "Patriot" act. I kinda think that EVERYONE who voted for that POS law should be removed from the Congress and posibly charged for sedition.

We can only be responsible for OUR values. If the other mother f'er is a snake belly murdering bastard then that is HIS values. I beleive that the country that has the HIGHER moral ground will ALWAYS win in the end. Call me naive but I just don't think you can win if you become like the people you are fighting. How MUCH of our morals do we give up before we no longer recognize our OWN country. Like I said earlier the "PATRIOT" act is the WORST law EVER enacted in the US. If you want to wave your flag around while the Fed centralizes powers and grabs for ever more invasive survelience powers then you should burn your flag with yourself in it!!!
Hey goofnut. I was not talking about others' values.

Again, they have you all wee-wee'd up about Booooosh when you SHOULD be all wee-wee'd up about THEM. You seem incapable to look at what THEY are doing NOW, which is a far worse perversion of justice and American values than we saw previously.

Wise up!

Pretty sure I just called out OBAMA for his vote to reautorize the "Patriot" act. I kinda think that EVERYONE who voted for that POS law should be removed from the Congress and posibly charged for sedition.

you know in times of war certain sacrifices must be made.....

You're misusing the word "people", these are animals who would just as soon kill you and your whole family just because your not muslim, assuming you're not. I say let the military do what they will with them. Of course the question is coming from someone who thinks putting underwear on their head and taking their picture is torture. They cut heads off.

King got shot!
So did JFK, lincoln, reagan and my friend Ben Sherman (who died in AFG)

Just seems odd that you would have a quote by King on the bottom of such a disgusting post. Somehow I don't think King would associate with you.

What was so disgusting about my post?

All I said was:

1) The enemies on the battle field should be shot on sight
2) Those who we do capture should be given quick military tribunals after interrogation

easy peasy

whats so disgusting about that?

Last edited:
Your thread title was a rhetorical question, "Let's see if I am getting this straight."

Answer: You're not.

Forum List

Back