Let me see if I am getting this straight...

For all of you who don't want the terrorists(ACCUSED) to be tried in US courts AND you didn't want them to be called ENEMY COMBATANTS, which would allow them protections under the Geneva conventions, then just WTF DO you want? Do you want to just imprison people FOREVER on the SUSPITION that they are terrorists? Just a little factoid here for ya. After the first WTC bombing we ARRESTED, TRIED, and CONVICTED those responsible in US COURTS!!!

they were opperating under a declaration of war by their leader...they were out of uniform and were not operating under the rules of war...that makes them spies....they should be questioned and shot at dawn....

my sentiments exactly.....

For all of you who don't want the terrorists(ACCUSED) to be tried in US courts AND you didn't want them to be called ENEMY COMBATANTS, which would allow them protections under the Geneva conventions, then just WTF DO you want? Do you want to just imprison people FOREVER on the SUSPITION that they are terrorists? Just a little factoid here for ya. After the first WTC bombing we ARRESTED, TRIED, and CONVICTED those responsible in US COURTS!!!

1) Shoot to kill on the battlefield taking no prisoners
2) Military Tribunal as soon as any interrogations are done.

Easy Peasy, lemon sqeezy.
When they drop their weapons and come out, hands in air saying "no mas, por favor -- stop firing! I surrender!" shoot them anyway?

If they are not in a country's military uniform and were just shooting at soldiers, yes.

When they drop their weapons and come out, hands in air saying "no mas, por favor -- stop firing! I surrender!" shoot them anyway?

How many soldiers have been killed by enemies using that very ruse?

So play it safe and shoot.

If they are not in a country's military uniform and were just shooting at soldiers, yes.
So, when a bank robber comes out of the bank, hands in air saying, "no mas por favor -- stop firing!! I surrender!!" shoot him anyway?

So, when a bank robber comes out of the bank, hands in air saying, "no mas por favor -- stop firing!! I surrender!!" shoot him anyway?

apples and oranges....

How many soldiers have been killed by enemies using that very ruse?

So play it safe and shoot.
They don't. They accept the surrender and carefully apprehend the individual(s) as conditions allow.

It's people like Pilgrim that make me think twice about robbing a bank.

You mean WHY we sold out EVERY VALUE that makes America a country of FREEDOM and a BEACON to all the world? Do you mean WHY we sold ourselves out to become a country of rampant nationalism and a centralization of powers to the FED with the "PATRIOT" act? And yeah I know Obama voted to reauthorize the patriot act and I disagree with that vote INTENSLEY!
You should be asking, "WHY if this is really about our high ideals, does it only apply to the very few and not to ALL? WHY these guys and not the others?"

But, that would require the impossible -- critical thought on your part.

We can only be responsible for OUR values. If the other mother f'er is a snake belly murdering bastard then that is HIS values. I beleive that the country that has the HIGHER moral ground will ALWAYS win in the end. Call me naive but I just don't think you can win if you become like the people you are fighting. How MUCH of our morals do we give up before we no longer recognize our OWN country. Like I said earlier the "PATRIOT" act is the WORST law EVER enacted in the US. If you want to wave your flag around while the Fed centralizes powers and grabs for ever more invasive survelience powers then you should burn your flag with yourself in it!!!

ah thats not a war though, thats a crime, its a different situation.

apples and oranges....
Both are criminals, correct?

Of course, this is all assuming the bank is on our soil. I should have been more clear. In my hypothetical, it's not.

Shoot anyway?

if I was in a bank and you robbed it and pulled a gun on me i'd shoot you to defend myself. Then i'd cry from my nightmares for a while.

You mean WHY we sold out EVERY VALUE that makes America a country of FREEDOM and a BEACON to all the world? Do you mean WHY we sold ourselves out to become a country of rampant nationalism and a centralization of powers to the FED with the "PATRIOT" act? And yeah I know Obama voted to reauthorize the patriot act and I disagree with that vote INTENSLEY!
You should be asking, "WHY if this is really about our high ideals, does it only apply to the very few and not to ALL? WHY these guys and not the others?"

But, that would require the impossible -- critical thought on your part.
We can only be responsible for OUR values. If the other mother f'er is a snake belly murdering bastard then that is HIS values. I beleive that the country that has the HIGHER moral ground will ALWAYS win in the end. Call me naive but I just don't think you can win if you become like the people you are fighting. How MUCH of our morals do we give up before we no longer recognize our OWN country. Like I said earlier the "PATRIOT" act is the WORST law EVER enacted in the US. If you want to wave your flag around while the Fed centralizes powers and grabs for ever more invasive survelience powers then you should burn your flag with yourself in it!!!
Hey goofnut. I was not talking about others' values.

Again, they have you all wee-wee'd up about Booooosh when you SHOULD be all wee-wee'd up about THEM. You seem incapable to look at what THEY are doing NOW, which is a far worse perversion of justice and American values than we saw previously.

Wise up!

Sirhan Sirhan is serving more time than other murderers because he shot a Kennedy.

He assassinated a US Senator.

How long do you think he should be held?

Shouldn't he receive the same sentence and parole considerations any murderer would get?

there are other people convicted of first degree murder that are walking the streets today are there not?

We have our own political prisoners here.

Sirhan Sirhan is serving more time than other murderers because he shot a Kennedy. So why not hold a fucking murdering terrorist who btw admitted his culpability already.

the thing that bothers me about this whole soon to be circus of a trial is that we will necessarily be making public our intelligence gathering techniques and our intelligence agents will be publicly testifying thereby destroying any future of operating covertly and some of them will quite possibly have to go into witness protection to protect their families.

It's just a bad idea to give these enemy foreign nationals the same rights as an American citizen.

Let them be tries in a military court where they belong.

Maybe we should just EXECUTE every SUSPECT that would take care of the problem right?

Who said anything about executing? I did not.

So stop the hyperbole and histrionics.

Keeping it simple for you now.

These terrorists are NOT US citizens but foreign nationals who are complicit in the largest act of mass murder ever perpetrated on US soil.

They do not qualify for the same rights. privileges and legal protections that are guaranteed to American Citizens in the Constitution.

They are foreign combatants and should be treated as such. We did not try Nazis captured in Germany for war crimes in US civilian courts did we?

So EVERYONE we have detained were COMPLICIT in 9/11. That must have been one HELL of a large meeting.

apples and oranges....
Both are criminals, correct?

Of course, this is all assuming the bank is on our soil. I should have been more clear. In my hypothetical, it's not.

Shoot anyway?

no one is a criminal the other is an enemy combatant.
We know this simply because one was robbing a bank?

Was he robbing the bank to finance his terror cell?

Oh wait, we wouldn't find that out if we shot his unarmed, defenseless ass.

You CAPTURE when possible, enemy combatants who surrender. Uniform or not.

if I was in a bank and you robbed it and pulled a gun on me i'd shoot you to defend myself. Then i'd cry from my nightmares for a while.

Don't fool yourself...you already cry yourself to sleep every night as it is!

King got shot!

Forum List

Back