Let Me Get This Straight About Impeachment Over Trump's Ukraine Phone Call

So you
I never said they were on the Yemeni border. Why are such a dumbass? You make shit up because you don't know anything about the topic!

Oh?

Tell us what you DID say then Skippy...cause I'll go find it after and compare...

That is your fucking problem, asshole! You claimed I said something different, it is YOUR responsibility to find it. That's the way message boards work. If you can't do that, why not just STFU?
So you won't go on record about what you said. Cause ya know I will go find what you actually said and shove it up your ass huh Commander Maginot...

Too funny

Blather, blather, blather!

Good luck finding something I didn't say, you sanctimonious asshole!

Gee Skippy..what's the problem?
I have already said what you wrote.

Let's hear your version and then we can check the "video tape".

Oh wait. You're a totally stupid dishonest fuck.

Never mind. Go work on your hangover Skippy...before your "3 finger lunch"

Not for lack of trying.

What keeps Trump from becoming that kind of horror is his personal incompetence and the fact that he can't formulate a "coherent" strategy.

So, while seemingly trying to object to "Trump is unlike Hitler", you add more evidence to demonstrate how "Trump is unlike Hitler."

You
Not for lack of trying.

What keeps Trump from becoming that kind of horror is his personal incompetence and the fact that he can't formulate a "coherent" strategy.

So, while seemingly trying to object to "Trump is unlike Hitler", you add more evidence to demonstrate how "Trump is unlike Hitler."
somehow missed the point.

He is only "unlike Hitler" because of incompetence and lack of coherent strategy

If he was any better at his "job" he'd be as bad...He's probably more like Mussolini than Hitler but the distinction is pretty irrelevant

Is this where you refer to non existent parts of the Mueller report?

Speaking of dishonest tucks and all...

Still haven't found where I said something I didn't? What a gas bag!

LOL

That doesn't cancel out the other.
one is a constitutional requirement the other isnt,, and since the constitution is the supreme law of the land yes it does
LOL

What's in the Constitution that you think helps Trump here?

what in it thinks it helps biden??
LOL

Dumbfuck, don't answer my question with a question.
icon_rolleyes.gif

You made a claim -- it's yours to defend.

obviously common knowledge isnt your strong point,,,

and your the one that said its not his job,,,so you back up your claim first,,,

of course one could say we can start his oath of office and go from there
Great, now you're lying.
icon_rolleyes.gif
You lose.

I never said it's not his job. I said he can't break one law to enforce another.

one is a constitutional requirement the other isnt,, and since the constitution is the supreme law of the land yes it does
LOL

LOL

icon_rolleyes.gif

Great, now you're lying.
icon_rolleyes.gif
You lose.

I never said it's not his job. I said he can't break one law to enforce another.

then if its his job that means hes following the law not breaking it,,,,,

and since the constitution is supreme law then the other is irrelevant

LOL

LOL

icon_rolleyes.gif

Great, now you're lying.
icon_rolleyes.gif
You lose.

LOL

You already lost this one, try another tactic. You already lied about what I said and you already failed to show what's in the Constitution that you think helps Trump here.

You lose because you're a a loser.

:dance:

LOL

icon_rolleyes.gif

Great, now you're lying.
icon_rolleyes.gif
You lose.

LOL

You already lost this one, try another tactic. You already lied about what I said and you already failed to show what's in the Constitution that you think helps Trump here.

his first responsibility is to the country and constitution and not your feelings or opinion,,,

More investigations can never be illegal.
It is ONLY when you stop investigations that the principles of law and justice are being violated.

Can anyone honestly says that Burisma Holdings is not suspicious?

LOL

icon_rolleyes.gif

Great, now you're lying.
icon_rolleyes.gif
You lose.

LOL

his first responsibility is to the country and constitution and not your feelings or opinion,,,
Spits a loser.

Your argument failed you. You have anything else to try or are you giving up?

We’ll see here’s the thing.. I’m not privy to every conversation a president has had with foreign leaders so for all I know the guy has asked all of the leaders he’s talked to about various different aspects of corruption but THIS PARTICULAR ONE just happens to be one about a current candidate for president so I’m supposed to be outraged about it, right? Here’s what I know for sure.. before this I had no idea that Biden threatened the Ukraine over aid. Now I know about it. It’s too bad obama didn’t try to uncover John mccain’s corrupt history. I would’ve been equally as happy about that. That’s what’s so amazing about not being a partisan retard
No problem. Be sure to let the forum know if you ever find where Trump asked Zelensky to investigate anything other than the Bidens or the DNC server.
I’m not just talking about zelensky you thick headed retard
So what? I am. Trump asked Zelensky to investigate a political rival. That's illegal. That's impeachment article I. That's also an abuse of office, that's article II. Now he's obstructing the impeachment inquiry . That's article III.

He was not investigating a political rival. He was asking for them to investigate a former VP of the United States and his son for corruption.
They're both running for president in the same election.
Irrelevant. You’re being played.

You somehow missed the point.

He is only "unlike Hitler" because of incompetence and lack of coherent strategy

If he was any better at his "job" he'd be as bad...He's probably more like Mussolini than Hitler but the distinction is pretty irrelevant

This is most disheartening. Did you not follow the debate over the last days?

What - in the POLITICAL realm - a politician is and can become isn't just a matter of personality, but also a matter of circumstance, means, and obstacles.

Within two months, Hitler was an autocrat. One, at most two years later, he was a totalitarian ruler.

Here's part of how Hitler became an autocrat. Taking office, and using the Reichstag fire as "justification", he either arrested communist members of parliament, or chased them into hiding or into exile, and a large number of social democrats, too. Then he placed a few dozen SA goons in the halls of parliament and proposed legislation to confer upon the chancellor legislative power, including power to change the constitution. By dint of absent staunch opposition in sufficient numbers, and cowed conservatives, he gained a better than the required two-thirds majority for that law.

That's how to become an autocrat - say, "like Mussolini". Now tell me, does Trump have the law enforcement officers to arrest and transfer into concentration camps the opposition lawmakers, does he have a dedicated militia to intimidate the rest, and does he stand a chance to arrogate legislative powers, including changing the Constitution, according to his will? Because if that's is not the case, Trump is not like Hitler, and never will be. And that's not just due to a lack of skills, but a lack of means, and obstacles too formidable to overcome. Neither Congress, nor law enforcement, nor the courts, nor the population would go along with any of that.

I mean, really, if you want an argument beyond "Orange man bad", it should include a tiny bit of political and historical background.

I understand the historical background. Probably better than you. I read Rise and Fall of the Third Reich at 11 and much more since.

You seem to think that unless the current situation is exactly like some other situation that there is no need for concern?

Whatever

I understand the historical background. Probably better than you. I read Rise and Fall of the Third Reich at 11 and much more since.

You seem to think that unless the current situation is exactly like some other situation that there is no need for concern?

Whatever

There is ample need for concern - hollowing out institutions and agencies, for instance, or the demise of the GOP as a political party with a moral core under Trump's "leadership". We've been talking about that, and lots more, and thus you are grotesquely misrepresenting my argument. The issue was, "Is Trump like Hitler"?

As to "historical background":

"He is only 'unlike Hitler' because of incompetence and lack of coherent strategy[, not for lack of trying.]"

That demonstrates a complete lack of historical background, and a short look at Trump's history and the comparison with Hitler's demonstrates conclusively, there is a lack of trying, a lack of means, and obstacles Trump is very, very unlikely to overcome.

Why is all that important? We observe, currently, U.S. institutions starting to work to reign in a corrupt president. If he is Hitler, he'll squash it all, dismiss or emasculate Congress, and place himself above the law. If he's not doing any of that, if Congress prevails in the form of impeaching him, if his corrupt underlings go to prison, if the rule of law is upheld and an opposition party works to guarantee this remains so, there's hope for a repaired and restored U.S. of A. In the opposite case, there is very little, if any.

Those screeching "Trump is like Hitler" are going to be dismissed as hysterical goofs, and they are merely a distraction from the task at hand, which is monumental, but, as it seems right now, feasible. But that takes focus, and sober analysis, along with some spine and stamina.

That demonstrates a complete lack of historical background, and a short look at Trump's history and the comparison with Hitler's demonstrates conclusively, there is a lack of trying, a lack of means, and obstacles Trump is very, very unlikely to overcome.

Where do you think five more years of this will end up?

Where do you think five more years of this will end up?

Heck if I know. If current trends hold, the GOP is going full-blown authoritarian. Democrats, having botched the handling of the Mueller report and ceded the war over the narrative without much of a fight, seem to have found their spine, and are largely on message now. Moreover, more and more folks are blowing the whistle, speak out, or testify despite being ordered not to. That may well end up being what breaks Trump's neck, politically speaking. Trump's base may have hit rock bottom, or they find some way to dig deeper - who knows? Reading Trumpletons on here and on the web, I find them fiercely determined to cast aside every last pretense of integrity, belligerently ignorant, and throwing feces at a rate I haven't seen before. So, that bodes ill. 2020, with Warren (I hope) running against a completely hysterical, unhinged, and impeached Trump hanging like a rotting carp around the GOP's neck, may prove cathartic.

I don't currently want to look past 2020. As Trump is within the margin off error in polls with Buttigieg, the election is for Democrats to lose. If Trump wins, there's a window into the mindset of a large portion of the electorate, and we may have seen the strongest argument against democracy, yet. If Trump loses, there's going to be an all-out war within the GOP over the soul of the party, or what is left of it. Or so I would guess...

Forum List

Back