Lesser Known War Movies

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
This is not a thread on movies like Saving Private Ryan, Full Metal Jacket, A Bridge Too Far (all excellent, but well known) but this is a thread on lesser known war films. As someone who has watched many war movies and has studied WWII, I can think of three that immediately come to mind as excellent, lesser known films, that are so well done that even someone not interested in WWII would probably like them.

When Trumpets Fade

Came out in 1998, same year as SPR., and is actually a better film, in my opinion.

Saints and Soldiers

Proof that you don't need a huge budget to make an excellent film. I believe the director was Mormon and is based on the story of a Mormon sent to WWII. Not sure if based on a true story or not, but an excellent film regardless.

The Highest Honor

This film from the 80's is based on a true story of saboteurs , mainly Australian and British, captured by the Japanese. Powerful film.

A made for t.v. movie that is at least a war movie by the title.
"The Milagro Beanfield War" that will be very appealing to leftists mostly.
It's about the fight to defeat a big developer intending to destroy the lifestyle of ordinary people in a US, Mexican village of Milagro. A highly satisfying outcome that also includes a statement against the gun issue.

A made for t.v. movie that is at least a war movie by the title.
"The Milagro Beanfield War" that will be very appealing to leftists mostly.
It's about the fight to defeat a big developer intending to destroy the lifestyle of ordinary people in a US, Mexican village of Milagro. A highly satisfying outcome that also includes a statement against the gun issue.
Piece of shit movie made by Limousine Libtards for for stupid uneducated Moon Bats.

Interesting gentleman, thanks for that. I'm hoping someone has seen any of the three choices I've listed. I've also seen many foreign films on WWII, as I believe they make better WWII movies because they've suffered personally, everyone who lived in Europe.

I cannot recommend this one enough:

Sophie Scholl: The Final Days

And, of course, this classic (the original, NOT the cheesy remake)

Stalingrad

Piece of shit movie made by Limousine Libtards for for stupid uneducated Moon Bats.
As I suggested, very appealing to the left and a very well made movie that was directed by Robert Redford I believe.

Also includes appeal for Christians.

Lee Marvin was an honestly real tough guy, as opposed to the rest of the Hollywood fakers.
But he will be remembered for his roles in 'Cat Ballou' and 'Ship of Fools'.

Two more I can highly recommend for those who tend toward the 'left'.

Lee Marvin was an honestly real tough guy, as opposed to the rest of the Hollywood fakers.
But he will be remembered for his roles in 'Cat Ballou' and 'Ship of Fools'.

Two more I can highly recommend for those who tend toward the 'left'.
I watch movies for their entertainment value not their confirmation bias value.

I watch movies for their entertainment value not their confirmation bias value.
I think you watch war movies (the topic here) because of biological reasons that I won't bother to explain.

Except to say that that reason morphs into something different with maturity.

In Canada it doesn't actually 'morph' so often as it just fades away.

I think you watch war movies (the topic here) because of biological reasons that I won't bother to explain.

Except to say that that reason morphs into something different with maturity.

In Canada it doesn't actually 'morph' so often as it just fades away.
:rolleyes-41:

There is a good one about the Soviet genocide of the Polish Officer Corp in WWll, they tried to blame it on the Nazis. Can't remember the name.

Forum List

Back