Lesbian Says Priest denied me Communion at mom's funeral because I'm gay

I just suspect it. She would have to be masochistic to be reminded every Sunday that she is in sin.

Maybe she is.

Maybe she isn't. Stop acting like your opinions are fact.
Ah, my use of the word "suspect" confuses you.

But good to know that my suspicions are facts to you. :thup:

Why suspect?

Why is it you can't give a lesbian the benefit of the doubt? You don't like this one because she's overweight or all lesbians are in the same category to you? Suspicious.

The policy is to not reject Catholics at the communion altar. Whether that is a gay Catholic, a woman or man who is divorced and hasn't remarried in the RCC, or a woman using contraceptives.

The priest was wrong, the church apologized.

What's a "Communion Altar."

That's a new one.

Can't find it in my Catholic handbook.

You are joking, right?

No - I am not. I am familiar with the altar
And I am familiar with Holy Communion.

Not a "Communion Altar."
Why don't you go ahead and explain, asswipe.

Maybe she isn't. Stop acting like your opinions are fact.

Why suspect?

Why is it you can't give a lesbian the benefit of the doubt? You don't like this one because she's overweight or all lesbians are in the same category to you? Suspicious.
I don't KNOW this lesbian, so how can I like her or not?

That's just a silly thing for you to say.

And, I am naturally a skeptic. I have to be to do my job. I rarely give anyone the benefit of the doubt.

I've been refused for communion by the Catholic Church because I'm protestant, it's not the end of the world and her mother won't rest any worse for her not recieveing it. I'm surprised that the church policy should have allowed her considering the Catholic church doesn't seem to be pro gay.

Why suspect?

And, I am naturally a skeptic. I have to be to do my job. I rarely give anyone the benefit of the doubt.

You said some ugly things about her and you don't know her. You made a snap judgment of her in the negative.

Why suspect?

You said some ugly things about her and you don't know her. You made a snap judgment of her in the negative.
"Pro-gay"? How doesr ecognizing family members qualify as such?

Why suspect?

I sure did make a snap judgment of her looks.

I suspect a lot more about her role in this event and her motivations based on the circumstances around it.

I suspect a lot more about her role in this event and her motivations based on the circumstances around it.

Yes, you are suspicious of her BECAUSE she is a lesbian. Apparently, what her brother had to say doesn't matter.

Yes, you are suspicious of her BECAUSE she is a lesbian. Apparently, what her brother had to say doesn't matter.
Obviously, her brother was family. Being gay matters more than such trivial things, TO SOME.

Well, Sky, I just told you the source of my suspicions - the circumstances surrounding the event.

So, you are grossly misrepresenting what I said and what my views are. I guarantee you that I am the foremost expert on my views and my motivations.

As to her brother, I take what he says a having a 50% chance of being true and a 50% chance of being false. It's not special to him, that is how I view anything an unknown entity claims without any supporting information.

As I said, I am naturally a skeptic. Without support or foundation, I don't believe much of anything folks say.

Last edited:

Well, Sky, I just told you the source of my suspicians - the circumstances surrounding the event.

So, you are grossly misrepresenting what I said and what my views are. I guarantee you that I am the foremost expert on my views and my motivations.

As to her brother, I take what he says a having a 50% chance of being true and a 50% chance of being false. It's not special to him, that is how I view anything an unknown entity claims without any supporting information.

As I said, I am naturally a skeptic. Without support or foundation, I don't believe much of anything folks say.

What's your job again?

Why are you terminally oriented toward being so cynical?

Last edited:

Obviously, her brother was family. Being gay matters more than such trivial things, TO SOME.
If you would like to say something about me, don't be afraid to do so. Passive-aggression is not all that courageous.

I always welcome what folks think about me, about what I think, about what I feel, about what my views are, and what my motivations are. It's great entertainment.

So is passive-aggression .

Well, Sky, I just told you the source of my suspicians - the circumstances surrounding the event.

What's your job again?

Research chemist and analytical chemist.

Cynical and skeptical are not the same thing. I assure you cynical does not apply to me. :lol:

Last edited:
If you would like to say something about me, don't be afraid to do so. Passive-aggression is not all that courageous.

I always welcome what folks think about me, about what I think, about what I feel, about what my views are, and what my motivations are. It's great entertainment.

So is passive-aggression .

That is not a passive aggressive statement. She is stating that you are petty enough to think that the fact of this woman being gay means more to YOU than it means to her family.

What's your job again?

Oh, no wonder. I would have guessed engineer.

Can you drop down from your head to your heart once and awhile?

That puts EVERYTHING into perspective. You have no faith because you're a scientist.

Last edited:
What's your job again?

You wouldn't be too far off. My undergraduate degree is chemical engineering. ;)

Edit to address your edit: "Can you drop down from your head to your heart once and awhile?"

I can, when I find it appropriate to be emotional. This is not one of those times for me.

Last edited:
You wouldn't be too far off. My undergraduate degree is chemical engineering. ;)

Edit to address your edit: "Can you drop down from your head to your heart once and awhile?"

I can, when I find it appropriate to be emotional. This is not one of those times for me.

Obviously, we're opposites. I majored in Humanities and Social Work.

Forum List

Back