Lesbian Says Priest denied me Communion at mom's funeral because I'm gay

Our priest tell the Palm Sunday crowd - "Don't even come here" (for communion) unless you've been to confession. For God sakes, a pervert who hasn't been to confession in years living a lifestyle not aligned with the Catholic church sure as hell doesn't qualify.
Again, the media's "ignorance" regarding the Catholic faith.

Meh, I'm not unhappy the priest did that. I didn't know receiving communion was a right.

Of course, some of you know I have a bit of bias at the moment about all this, especially in the DC Metro area. ;)

It's not a 'right' but the Priest was wrong to refuse.... particularly at such an emotional time.
Agreed. The diocese made it right.

Now, ask yourself if SHE used her mother's funeral to make a political point.

The priest at the church did not know her. I doubt she is a member at that parish. I doubt she is a member at any parish, with a 19 year same sex relationship.

So, why would a fallen away or even a non-Catholic insist on communion? Maybe because the Maryland House of Delegates just passed a same sex marriage law (legalizing) and the Governor of MD is to sign it Friday?

Hmmmmm.

how do you know she's fallen away? there's nothing in evidence to show that, unless i missed it in the article.

the priest acted reprehensibly, imo.

Cult? :lol::lol: Yea, I can tell you know nothing about Catholicism.

Everyone elses religion is a cult. Didn't you know that?

Maybe it's just me.... I try not to be judgemental about other people's faiths. Scientology is the only one I struggle not to label as a 'cult'. I'm pretty much accepting of any other faith. And, for the record, other people's sexuality. These views are symbolic of my faith... Catholics are not supposed to be judgemental of others.

Are you actually saying that you are a Catholic who is NOT judgmental of others? Did you read your own posts in this thread?

I don't care if someone's a lesbian or they're married to a sheep.
Neither qualifies for communion.

how do you know she's fallen away? there's nothing in evidence to show that, unless i missed it in the article.

Every Priest acts reprehensibly IYO, Heathen... LOL

Let's see. Lesbian daughter is hurt by priest at her mother's funeral. It must be her fault.

Let's ignore the fact that the priest acted against RCC policy. Blame the lesbian.
AND the archdiocese apologized quickly.

If this was the Church the family attended why would they anticipate this kind of crap from her parish priest?
It was the church her mother attended, not the daughter, at least for 19 years. And certainly not the church the daughter's partner attended.

Again, it should have been settle BEFORE the funeral. I can see it being overlooked, but it's not the priests fault...he's following his beliefs. Churches have a right to do things like that.

Personally, I've never been to a funeral where they've had communion, but then again, I'm not catholic.

If it's for a funeral, the family can opt for a full requiem mass, which would include communion. But, non-Catholics or non practicing Catholics do not normally expect to receive communion.

Seems to me, if the daughter had been a regular attendee at Mass, she should have known the Priest's view on it and there would have been no misunderstanding.

Are you actually saying that you are a Catholic who is NOT judgmental of others? Did you read your own posts in this thread?

Why are you even attempting to dabble in Catholicism, you snake-charming Heathen. Go read your Koran.

Why do you have an obsession with fat girls? Did a lot turn you down?

And isn't God suppose to be the one judging? How Christian of you.

Fat boys are more his style.

Probably, the people who have the most problem with homosexuals are usually gay themselves....They have to compensate. And Warrior seems to compensate for something quite a bit.

Quite a bit of truth to this.

Let's see. Lesbian daughter is hurt by priest at her mother's funeral. It must be her fault.

Let's ignore the fact that the priest acted against RCC policy. Blame the lesbian.

Was she the one that set up the funeral? Then yes, it was her fault, for not seeing to it before hand. If not, then no it wasn't her fault, but the fault of whomever was responsible for setting up the funeral.

Like I said, I can see it being overlooked, but the priest is not at fault, he was following his beliefs. They should have checked ahead of time as there are a lot of churches that have problems with gays and lesbians, you can't just "assume".

I have a friend who married a budhist. His minister refused to perform the wedding as he didn't believe that Christians should marry outside their faith. Should he have changed his beliefs for this couple? BTW, I helped my friend to find a church with a minister to marry them.

I don't care if someone's a lesbian or they're married to a sheep.
Neither qualifies for communion.
Warrior, your religion may have specific rules on such matters, luckily the Catholic Church does NOT.

Everyone elses religion is a cult. Didn't you know that?

Maybe it's just me.... I try not to be judgemental about other people's faiths. Scientology is the only one I struggle not to label as a 'cult'. I'm pretty much accepting of any other faith. And, for the record, other people's sexuality. These views are symbolic of my faith... Catholics are not supposed to be judgemental of others.

Yes I am, and Yes I have... I have made no judgements on the individual concerned. Idiot.

If it's for a funeral, the family can opt for a full requiem mass, which would include communion. But, non-Catholics or non practicing Catholics do not normally expect to receive communion.

Seems to me, if the daughter had been a regular attendee at Mass, she should have known the Priest's view on it and there would have been no misunderstanding.

You nailed it.

Can't be clearer than that.

It's not a 'right' but the Priest was wrong to refuse.... particularly at such an emotional time.

The priest at the church did not know her. I doubt she is a member at that parish. I doubt she is a member at any parish, with a 19 year same sex relationship.

So, why would a fallen away or even a non-Catholic insist on communion? Maybe because the Maryland House of Delegates just passed a same sex marriage law (legalizing) and the Governor of MD is to sign it Friday?

Hmmmmm.

I just suspect it. She would have to be masochistic to be reminded every Sunday that she is in sin.

Maybe she is.

Yes I am, and Yes I have... I have made no judgements on the individual concerned. Idiot.

You just used the term, idiot, idiot. That is a judgmental term. You say you aren't judgmental but you demonstrate that you are.

Hmmmmm.

I just suspect it. She would have to be masochistic to be reminded every Sunday that she is in sin.

Maybe she is.

Maybe she isn't. Stop acting like your opinions are fact.

Forum List

Back