Legal Panel At Federalist Society Begrudgingly Accepts Obama's Immigration Powers

If Obambam announced he was going out and murder someone all his sheep like the op would find a way to excuse it and be all for it

Just unbelievable how they think ADDING all these people to compete for jobs with LEGAL citizens in the country in this awful economy is a good frikken thing is beyond Stupid. And we are going to see another FLOOD of them rushing the country like before with the ones from, Honduras so he can fly them all over the country and dump them in states you live in

this man is destroying us from within and no one gives a shit

Last edited:
A few years ago Obama said he couldn't do this exact same thing because he is the President, not the Emperor. I guess he got a recent upgrade in rank.
That's false. You are perpetuating a falsehood.

He said he could not do this in public speeches 25 times.
No, he did not. He said that he could not pass the Senate Bill on his own.

Wrong again oh ignorant one, try reading his words for a change instead of pulling shit out of your ass.

“America is a nation of laws, which means I, as the President, am obligated to enforce the law. I don't have a choice about that. That's part of my job. But I can advocate for changes in the law so that we have a country that is both respectful of the law but also continues to be a great nation of immigrants. … With respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, that’s just not the case, because there are laws on the books that Congress has passed …. [W]e’ve got three branches of government. Congress passes the law. The executive branch’s job is to enforce and implement those laws. And then the judiciary has to interpret the laws. There are enough laws on the books by Congress that are very clear in terms of how we have to enforce our immigration system that for me to simply through executive order ignore those congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as President.”

A few years ago Obama said he couldn't do this exact same thing because he is the President, not the Emperor. I guess he got a recent upgrade in rank.

The Senate passed an Immigration bill, but here are a few of the statements Obama made in speeches and interviews.

“I know some here wish that I could just bypass Congress and change the law myself,” Obama said during a commencement address last month at Miami Dade College. “But that’s not how democracy works. See, democracy is hard. But it’s right. Changing our laws means doing the hard work of changing minds and changing votes, one by one.”

Readmore:http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54629.html#ixzz3Jizo8oWd

These five remarks came from Obama 8217 s Immigration Amnesia

Obama:Well, actually, my position hasn’t changed. When I was talking to the advocates, their interest was in me, through executive action, duplicating the legislation that was stalled in Congress. And getting a comprehensive deal of the sort that is in the Senate legislation, for example, does extend beyond my legal authorities. There are certain things I cannot do. There are certain limits to what falls within the realm of prosecutorial discretion in terms of how we apply existing immigration laws.

Obama:Well, I think it is important to remind everybody that, as I said I think previously, and I’m not a king. I am the head of the executive branch of government. I’m required to follow the law. And that’s what we’ve done. But what I’ve also said is, let’s make sure that we’re applying the law in a way that takes into account people’s humanity. That’s the reason that we moved forward on deferred action. Within the confines of the law we said, we have some discretion in terms of how we apply this law. The same is true with respect to the kinds of the length of time that people have to spend outside of the country when their spouses are already here for example.

Obama, 2011: With respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, that’s just not the case, because there are laws on the books that Congress has passed — and I know that everybody here at Bell is studying hard so you know that we’ve got three branches of government. Congress passes the law. The executive branch’s job is to enforce and implement those laws. And then the judiciary has to interpret the laws.

There are enough laws on the books by Congress that are very clear in terms of how we have to enforce our immigration system that for me to simply through executive order ignore those congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as president.

Obama, Sept. 17, 2013: My job in the executive branch is supposed to be to carry out the laws that are passed. Congress has said, here’s the law when it comes to those who are undocumented, and they allocate a whole bunch of money for enforcement.

And these from Obama 8217 s royal flip-flop on using executive action on illegal immigration - The Washington Post

With respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, that’s just not the case, because there are laws on the books that Congress has passed — and I know that everybody here at Bell is studying hard so you know that we’ve got three branches of government. Congress passes the law. The executive branch’s job is to enforce and implement those laws. And then the judiciary has to interpret the laws.

There are enough laws on the books by Congress that are very clear in terms of how we have to enforce our immigration system that for me to simply through executive order ignore those congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as President.

Obama:Well, look Jackie, this is something I’ve struggled with throughout my presidency. The problem is that you know I’m the president of the United States. I’m not the emperor of the United States. My job is to execute laws that are passed, and Congress right now has not changed what I consider to be a broken immigration system.

4i6Ckte.gif

Legal Panel At Federalist Society Begrudgingly Accepts Obama's Immigration Powers

*snip*

At the Mayflower Hotel, lawyers gathered for the annual Federalist Society national convention -- one of the highest-profile conservative legal events of the year. The day’s big draws were the opening speech by Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia and an evening event featuring Justice Samuel Alito.

The talk was, well, lawyerly. Every conclusion seemed to have a qualification attached to it. But, by and large, the panelists agreed the president has wide legal latitude to prioritize and shape deportation laws, as regrettable for Republicans or the long-term balance of powers that may be.

“I think the roots of prosecutorial discretion are extremely deep,” said Christopher Schroeder, the Charles S. Murphy Professor of Law and Public Policy Studies at Duke Law School. “The practice is long and robust. The case law is robust. Let me put it this way: Suppose some president came to me and asked me in the office of legal counsel, ‘Is it okay for me to go ahead and defer the deportation proceedings of childhood arrival?’ Under the present state of the law, I think that would be an easy opinion to write. Yes.”

Schroeder was speaking specifically about the deferred action program that Obama already has put into place -- the one affecting so-called Dreamers who were brought to the U.S. as children. But later, Schroeder expanded his legal reasoning.

“I don’t know where in the Constitution there is a rule that if the president’s enactment affects too many people, he’s violating the Constitution,” Schroeder said. “There is a difference between executing the law and making the law. But in the world in which we operate, that distinction is a lot more problematic than you would think. If the Congress has enacted a statute that grants discretionary authority for the administrative agency or the president to fill in the gaps, to write the regulations that actually make the statute operative, those regulations to all intents and purposes make the law.

“I agree this can make us very uncomfortable. I just don’t see the argument for unconstitutionality at this juncture,” Schroeder added.

Legal Panel At Federalist Society Begrudgingly Accepts Obama s Immigration Powers

A few liberal lawyers get together to pass themselves off as some sort of legal authority.

This is what he got for his lying.

The Pinocchio Test
The president has certainly been consistent on this issue—until he saw that the path through Congress was blocked. It’s clear from the interviews that the president was not being asked about executive orders that would have provided comprehensive immigration reform, but about specific actions that ended deportations of a subset of illegal immigrants—precisely the type of action he will shortly unveil.

Previously he said that was not possible, using evocative language that he is not a “king” or “the emperor.” Apparently he’s changed his mind. The president earns an upside-down Pinocchio for his flip-flop.

An Upside-Down Pinocchio

pinocchio_180.jpg

Wrong again oh ignorant one, try reading his words for a change instead of pulling shit out of your ass.

“America is a nation of laws, which means I, as the President, am obligated to enforce the law. I don't have a choice about that. That's part of my job. But I can advocate for changes in the law so that we have a country that is both respectful of the law but also continues to be a great nation of immigrants. … With respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, that’s just not the case, because there are laws on the books that Congress has passed …. [W]e’ve got three branches of government. Congress passes the law. The executive branch’s job is to enforce and implement those laws. And then the judiciary has to interpret the laws. There are enough laws on the books by Congress that are very clear in terms of how we have to enforce our immigration system that for me to simply through executive order ignore those congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as President.”
Well, then - I guess he can!
4i6Ckte.gif

The Senate passed an Immigration bill, but here are a few of the statements Obama made in speeches and interviews.

“I know some here wish that I could just bypass Congress and change the law myself,” Obama said during a commencement address last month at Miami Dade College. “But that’s not how democracy works. See, democracy is hard. But it’s right. Changing our laws means doing the hard work of changing minds and changing votes, one by one.”

Readmore:http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54629.html#ixzz3Jizo8oWd

These five remarks came from Obama 8217 s Immigration Amnesia

Obama:Well, actually, my position hasn’t changed. When I was talking to the advocates, their interest was in me, through executive action, duplicating the legislation that was stalled in Congress. And getting a comprehensive deal of the sort that is in the Senate legislation, for example, does extend beyond my legal authorities. There are certain things I cannot do. There are certain limits to what falls within the realm of prosecutorial discretion in terms of how we apply existing immigration laws.

Obama:Well, I think it is important to remind everybody that, as I said I think previously, and I’m not a king. I am the head of the executive branch of government. I’m required to follow the law. And that’s what we’ve done. But what I’ve also said is, let’s make sure that we’re applying the law in a way that takes into account people’s humanity. That’s the reason that we moved forward on deferred action. Within the confines of the law we said, we have some discretion in terms of how we apply this law. The same is true with respect to the kinds of the length of time that people have to spend outside of the country when their spouses are already here for example.

Obama, 2011: With respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, that’s just not the case, because there are laws on the books that Congress has passed — and I know that everybody here at Bell is studying hard so you know that we’ve got three branches of government. Congress passes the law. The executive branch’s job is to enforce and implement those laws. And then the judiciary has to interpret the laws.

There are enough laws on the books by Congress that are very clear in terms of how we have to enforce our immigration system that for me to simply through executive order ignore those congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as president.

Obama, Sept. 17, 2013: My job in the executive branch is supposed to be to carry out the laws that are passed. Congress has said, here’s the law when it comes to those who are undocumented, and they allocate a whole bunch of money for enforcement.

And these from Obama 8217 s royal flip-flop on using executive action on illegal immigration - The Washington Post

With respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, that’s just not the case, because there are laws on the books that Congress has passed — and I know that everybody here at Bell is studying hard so you know that we’ve got three branches of government. Congress passes the law. The executive branch’s job is to enforce and implement those laws. And then the judiciary has to interpret the laws.

There are enough laws on the books by Congress that are very clear in terms of how we have to enforce our immigration system that for me to simply through executive order ignore those congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as President.

Obama:Well, look Jackie, this is something I’ve struggled with throughout my presidency. The problem is that you know I’m the president of the United States. I’m not the emperor of the United States. My job is to execute laws that are passed, and Congress right now has not changed what I consider to be a broken immigration system.
He probably got a revised legal opinion that told him "Yes We Can!"

Great, a bunch of Ivy Leagues like Gruber got together, and with some arcane dribble, said Obama is acting Lawfully.

This is when the States must call an Article V Constitutional Convention.

"But but...they might abolish the entire Constitution, like they did with the Articles of Confederation...."

Really? I wasn't under the impression that the current Constitution was being followed to begin with.

NDA, NDAA, ACA, IRS, AP, Gruber and now Dictatorship.

4i6Ckte.gif

*snip*

At the Mayflower Hotel, lawyers gathered for the annual Federalist Society national convention -- one of the highest-profile conservative legal events of the year. The day’s big draws were the opening speech by Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia and an evening event featuring Justice Samuel Alito.

The talk was, well, lawyerly. Every conclusion seemed to have a qualification attached to it. But, by and large, the panelists agreed the president has wide legal latitude to prioritize and shape deportation laws, as regrettable for Republicans or the long-term balance of powers that may be.

“I think the roots of prosecutorial discretion are extremely deep,” said Christopher Schroeder, the Charles S. Murphy Professor of Law and Public Policy Studies at Duke Law School. “The practice is long and robust. The case law is robust. Let me put it this way: Suppose some president came to me and asked me in the office of legal counsel, ‘Is it okay for me to go ahead and defer the deportation proceedings of childhood arrival?’ Under the present state of the law, I think that would be an easy opinion to write. Yes.”

Schroeder was speaking specifically about the deferred action program that Obama already has put into place -- the one affecting so-called Dreamers who were brought to the U.S. as children. But later, Schroeder expanded his legal reasoning.

“I don’t know where in the Constitution there is a rule that if the president’s enactment affects too many people, he’s violating the Constitution,” Schroeder said. “There is a difference between executing the law and making the law. But in the world in which we operate, that distinction is a lot more problematic than you would think. If the Congress has enacted a statute that grants discretionary authority for the administrative agency or the president to fill in the gaps, to write the regulations that actually make the statute operative, those regulations to all intents and purposes make the law.

“I agree this can make us very uncomfortable. I just don’t see the argument for unconstitutionality at this juncture,” Schroeder added.

Legal Panel At Federalist Society Begrudgingly Accepts Obama s Immigration Powers

A few liberal lawyers get together to pass themselves off as some sort of legal authority.
Look up the Federalist Society, Einstein.
4i6Ckte.gif

This is what he got for his lying.

The Pinocchio Test
The president has certainly been consistent on this issue—until he saw that the path through Congress was blocked. It’s clear from the interviews that the president was not being asked about executive orders that would have provided comprehensive immigration reform, but about specific actions that ended deportations of a subset of illegal immigrants—precisely the type of action he will shortly unveil.

Previously he said that was not possible, using evocative language that he is not a “king” or “the emperor.” Apparently he’s changed his mind. The president earns an upside-down Pinocchio for his flip-flop.

An Upside-Down Pinocchio

pinocchio_180.jpg
No lying. Just a reassessment of the law.

Just like how Bush lawyers like John Yoo later came to the conclusion "Why yes - we CAN torture!".

Suck it, wingnuts.
4i6Ckte.gif

You dumb ass liberals will be wiping beaner jizz off your chins.
So much for your jobs and competitive wages,you just fucked yourself,all it did to me is give a bigger pool of cheap labor to exploit.
...who will vote Democrat. As the country turns more and more Blue, labor unions will again become stronger, and the middle class will become stronger.

Suck it, wingnuts.
4i6Ckte.gif

You dumb ass liberals will be wiping beaner jizz off your chins.
So much for your jobs and competitive wages,you just fucked yourself,all it did to me is give a bigger pool of cheap labor to exploit.
...who will vote Democrat. As the country turns more and more Blue, labor unions will again become stronger, and the middle class will become stronger.

If you believe that you're dumber than a bag of hammers.

Remember, these judges are the same people that take weeks debating the meaning of:

"No Warrant shall issue" "Congress shall pass no Law" "shall not be infringed" and then produce meanings that are the opposite of what the phrase states.

Call a Constitutional Convention and depose these Grubers in our legal system.

Suck it, wingnuts.
4i6Ckte.gif
Idiot even obama said he didn't have the authority to do what he did.
ok let's do it this way A republican president says he thinks the mandate for obamacare should not be enforced and writes an executive order that the IRS is not to take any money. Will you accept this?

Suck it, wingnuts.
4i6Ckte.gif
ok let's do it this way A republican president says he thinks the mandate for obamacare should not be enforced and writes an executive order that the IRS is not to take any money. Will you accept this?
He didn't think so. The lawyers convinced him otherwise. Wingnuts lose.
4i6Ckte.gif

Suck it, wingnuts.
4i6Ckte.gif
He didn't think so. The lawyers convinced him otherwise. Wingnuts lose.
4i6Ckte.gif

Those of us who are set financially wont be affected in the least.
All those poor negros and low end libs will be the one's taking it up the ass.
Have fun.

Forum List

Back