Leftists: Please explain to me how democracy is in jeopardy

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
It's the new catch phrase of the left: Our democracy is in danger if you vote Republican. Now, I've asked leftists on USMB how is democracy threatened if we vote Republican, and not one can give me a coherent answer or in most cases, any answer at all. Like robots, just repeat what you are told to repeat. Since I never got any answer, I'm creating a topic on it to see if somebody, anybody on the left can explain this threat to me.

On the right there was 1/6, a one day event that lasted several hours but resulted in business carried out as usual. No Republican representative supported it. No right-wing radio or television host supported it. And it happened nearly two years ago.

On the left you had the FBI engage in assisting the Democrat party by obtaining warrants with false applications to spy on a political foe, pressuring major social media companies to remove any posts about Hunter Biden's laptop scandal which resulted in Biden's win, two phony impeachments, attacking pro-life people protesting abortion clinics and arresting them, and more recently a President asking an oil producing nation to withhold their announcement they intend to cut oil production to help his party in a midterm election; something they based their first phony impeachment on President Trump for even though he never did any such thing.

So which party is the actual threat to democracy here?

I will answer:

They have nothing else. They can't run on their agenda, their accomplishments, nothing. They can't run on Trump because really, he's been pretty quiet (surprisingly).

So they are screaming: IF YOU VOTE RED YOU ARE THREATENING OUR DEMOCRACY!!!

To me it's honestly the last, desperate, spittle-laced shouts of an abuser as you have finally packed your suitcase with one foot out the door. You have no money! You'll be lonely! You'll miss me! What about the kids? Or whatever.

It is disrespectful at best; abusive at worst. I think Americans see it for what it is. The plea of the bankrupt.

I will answer:

They have nothing else. They can't run on their agenda, their accomplishments, nothing. They can't run on Trump because really, he's been pretty quiet (surprisingly).

To me it's honestly the last, desperate, spittle-laced shouts of an abuser as you have finally packed your suitcase with one foot out the door. You have no money! You'll be lonely! You'll miss me! What about the kids? Or whatever.

It is disrespectful at best; abusive at worst. I think Americans see it for what it is. The plea of the bankrupt.

I agree. Leftards are abusive human beings. Their entire schtick is abusive. They want to be the arbiters of truth while they censor others. Big middle finger right in their Stalinist eye.

I will answer:

You know that and I know that. But it's something not all people know which is why they keep repeating it. That's why I'm asking them how is our democracy in jeopardy if Republicans take lead of both Houses? Voting will not change. How we count votes will not change. So where is this threat their leaders speak of?

You know that and I know that. But it's something not all people know which is why they keep repeating it. That's why I'm asking them how is our democracy in jeopardy if Republicans take lead of both Houses? Voting will not change. How we count votes will not change. So where is this threat their leaders speak of?

I would say don't expect an answer--and if you don't get one, that's your answer. Because it's too absurd to even write out. They are claiming that voting for your preferred candidate is a threat to democracy while they hold people in solitary confinement for "parading".

They are liars and worse. I hope the red wave is deeper, wider and redder than even we can hope to imagine. No one deserves it more.

It's the new catch phrase of the left: Our democracy is in danger if you vote Republican. Now, I've asked leftists on USMB how is democracy threatened if we vote Republican, and not one can give me a coherent answer or in most cases, any answer at all. Like robots, just repeat what you are told to repeat. Since I never got any answer, I'm creating a topic on it to see if somebody, anybody on the left can explain this threat to me.

On the right there was 1/6, a one day event that lasted several hours but resulted in business carried out as usual. No Republican representative supported it. No right-wing radio or television host supported it. And it happened nearly two years ago.

On the left you had the FBI engage in assisting the Democrat party by obtaining warrants with false applications to spy on a political foe, pressuring major social media companies to remove any posts about Hunter Biden's laptop scandal which resulted in Biden's win, two phony impeachments, attacking pro-life people protesting abortion clinics and arresting them, and more recently a President asking an oil producing nation to withhold their announcement they intend to cut oil production to help his party in a midterm election; something they based their first phony impeachment on President Trump for even though he never did any such thing.

Everything you say here is a lie. And with almost 300 election deniers running for office, if you can't see the threat to democracy it's because you don't want to.

I would say don't expect an answer--and if you don't get one, that's your answer. Because it's too absurd to even write out. They are claiming that voting for your preferred candidate is a threat to democracy while they hold people in solitary confinement for "parading".

They are liars and worse. I hope the red wave is deeper, wider and redder than even we can hope to imagine. No one deserves it more.
No Sue that's not the claim, but it's the lie you tell yourself.

"election deniers"

You mean like Hillary Clinton? Like Stacey Abrams?

At least I literally laughed out loud at your post
And they let idiots like you teach our children.

Hillary Clinton had 3 million more votes than trump. Stacy Abrams lost by 55,000 after Kemp illegally purged over 300,000 people from the rolls. So when you try making comparisons do so using all the facts. Because none of them lost by 7 million votes and still whines about how they won.

Last edited:

Hillary Clinton had 3 million more votes than trump. Stacy Abrams lost by 55,000 after Kemp illegally purged over 300,000 people from the rolls. So when you try making comparisons do so using all the fact. Because none of them lost by 7 million votes and still whines about how they won.

Cry harder.

See you Tuesday

Here….allow me…..

Plutocracy…..

Autocracy

Monarchy

When the democrats use the word…..”Democracy”….. they dont mean people voting in free elections. When democrats say “democracy” they mean rule by the democrat party……so they are Actually right…if they lose elections and lose their power to them it is a loss of Democracy.

Last edited:
Everything you say here is a lie. And with almost 300 election deniers running for office, if you can't see the threat to democracy it's because you don't want to.

Please….please…keep pushing that……that bullshit is about to push the democrats into minority status………please do not talk about inflation, crime, immigration, transing children, grooming children, national security……

Just endlessly push january 6………….

We will see you Nov. 8.

It's cause youre a wacist nazi transphobic bigot ........and reasons !

A bit over the top, as hyperbole tends to go. But to address the point, here are a few questions.

When is the last time a President of the United States refused to concede after losing an election?

When is the last time we witnessed a violent transition of power with the president throwing gasoline on the fire?

Why don’t you people condemn the violent rioters on Jan 6?

Why don’t you condemn Trump’s actions leading up to and on that day? Even members of his own staff resigned over what he did, and you guys refuse to acknowledge anything wrong whatsoever.

Does that mean that democracy is in danger because you vote red? No. That’s hyperbole. If you don’t like listening to that, sucks for you, you guys are ultimately responsible for Jan 6.

As much as you guys don’t want to talk about that day, it’s not going away. It’s going to live on in history books for a long, long time. We all saw it coming. We watched you guys push your baseless conspiracy theory because you were too angry to listen to facts. We watched you guys grow angrier and angrier, yet without any factual basis for the nonsense you were spewing. You simply lost and you couldn’t deal with that reality. The anger finally exploded into what we saw on that infamous day, and it was ENTIRELY due to the idiot that you guys support. You’re on the wrong side of history and that day will not be forgotten. Congratulations.

Last edited:

Hillary Clinton had 3 million more votes than trump. Stacy Abrams lost by 55,000 after Kemp illegally purged over 300,000 people from the rolls. So when you try making comparisons do so using all the facts. Because none of them lost by 7 million votes and still whines about how they won.
ah it’s ok for dems to deny election results jusr not ok for republicans to question when they lose

you wonder why they call you all demafasict?

A bit over the top, as hyperbole tends to go. But to address the point, here are a few questions.

When is the last time a President of the United States refused to concede after losing an election?

When is the last time we witnessed a violent transition of power with the president throwing gasoline on the fire?

Why don’t you people condemn the violent rioters on Jan 6?

Why don’t you condemn Trump’s actions leading up to and on that day? Even members of his own staff resigned over what he did, and you guys refuse to acknowledge anything wrong whatsoever.

Does that mean that democracy is in danger because you vote red? No. That’s hyperbole. If you don’t like listening to that, sucks for you, you guys are ultimately responsible for Jan 6.

As much as you guys don’t want to talk about that day, it’s not going away. It’s going to live on in history books for a long, long time. We all saw it coming. We watched you guys push your baseless conspiracy theory because you were too angry to listen to facts. We watched you guys grow angrier and angrier, yet without any factual basis for the nonsense you were spewing. You simply lost and you couldn’t deal with that reality. The anger finally exploded into what we saw on that infamous day, and it was ENTIRELY due to the idiot that you guys support. You’re on the wrong side of history and that day will not be forgotten. Congratulations.

There was a scuffle for about 2 hours......and when Trump said peacefully let them hear you....that isn't throwing gas on the fire....

Biden calling his Republicans fascists and the democrats calling anyone who asks questions about that sketchy election, election deniers is increasing the violence, not Trump. Leftists think it is now open season on republicans....

As much as you guys want to focus on Jan. 6....no one else gives a fuck....especially Americans who don't pay attention to politics....they care about inflation destroying their savings and making it harder to feed their kids....they care about democrat party soft on crime policies that have created Purge level crime in the cities they control....they care about millions of illegal aliens crossing the border without being stopped......

You guys keep pushing Jan. 6....please.......keep doing that......we would like a really big win in 2024, and you idiots screeching "January 6.....January 6...." is likely going to give it to us....

I will answer:

Don't forget .....almost every single elected democrat and democrat party member in the press was talking impeaching President Trump before his inauguration, and then went on to collude with the obama FBI to do it..............

Democrats funded those elections deniers thinking they were going to be easier to beat!!! That plan is backfiring spectacularly, as all things dems do these days. :laugh:

Forum List

Back