Leftists: Please explain to me how democracy is in jeopardy

There was a scuffle for about 2 hours......and when Trump said peacefully let them hear you....that isn't throwing gas on the fire....
No, but when he sent out that disparaging tweet about Mike Pence in the middle of the chaos, it was throwing gas on the fire.

Even members of his own staff describe being disgusted by his actions.

Go to 8:30.

Several members of his staff, even members of his cabinet, resigned over his actions that day.

And yet you refuse to see anything wrong with what he did. Facts are not on your side. You’re on the wrong side of history with this one.

It's the new catch phrase of the left: Our democracy is in danger if you vote Republican. Now, I've asked leftists on USMB how is democracy threatened if we vote Republican, and not one can give me a coherent answer or in most cases, any answer at all. Like robots, just repeat what you are told to repeat. Since I never got any answer, I'm creating a topic on it to see if somebody, anybody on the left can explain this threat to me.

On the right there was 1/6, a one day event that lasted several hours but resulted in business carried out as usual. No Republican representative supported it. No right-wing radio or television host supported it. And it happened nearly two years ago.

On the left you had the FBI engage in assisting the Democrat party by obtaining warrants with false applications to spy on a political foe, pressuring major social media companies to remove any posts about Hunter Biden's laptop scandal which resulted in Biden's win, two phony impeachments, attacking pro-life people protesting abortion clinics and arresting them, and more recently a President asking an oil producing nation to withhold their announcement they intend to cut oil production to help his party in a midterm election; something they based their first phony impeachment on President Trump for even though he never did any such thing.

So which party is the actual threat to democracy here?

If Republicans have their way, our votes for president don’t count unless the state’s governor and legislature agree with how we voted.

That’s not democracy.

It's the new catch phrase of the left: Our democracy is in danger if you vote Republican. Now, I've asked leftists on USMB how is democracy threatened if we vote Republican, and not one can give me a coherent answer or in most cases, any answer at all. Like robots, just repeat what you are told to repeat. Since I never got any answer, I'm creating a topic on it to see if somebody, anybody on the left can explain this threat to me.

On the right there was 1/6, a one day event that lasted several hours but resulted in business carried out as usual. No Republican representative supported it. No right-wing radio or television host supported it. And it happened nearly two years ago.

On the left you had the FBI engage in assisting the Democrat party by obtaining warrants with false applications to spy on a political foe, pressuring major social media companies to remove any posts about Hunter Biden's laptop scandal which resulted in Biden's win, two phony impeachments, attacking pro-life people protesting abortion clinics and arresting them, and more recently a President asking an oil producing nation to withhold their announcement they intend to cut oil production to help his party in a midterm election; something they based their first phony impeachment on President Trump for even though he never did any such thing.

It’s just a propaganda talking point. All of American Pravda will repeat the point incessantly so their sheep will parrot.
Normal democrat bullshit.
Democrat voters are retarded baboons.

A bit over the top, as hyperbole tends to go. But to address the point, here are a few questions.

When is the last time a President of the United States refused to concede after losing an election?

When is the last time we witnessed a violent transition of power with the president throwing gasoline on the fire?

Why don’t you people condemn the violent rioters on Jan 6?

Why don’t you condemn Trump’s actions leading up to and on that day? Even members of his own staff resigned over what he did, and you guys refuse to acknowledge anything wrong whatsoever.

Does that mean that democracy is in danger because you vote red? No. That’s hyperbole. If you don’t like listening to that, sucks for you, you guys are ultimately responsible for Jan 6.

As much as you guys don’t want to talk about that day, it’s not going away. It’s going to live on in history books for a long, long time. We all saw it coming. We watched you guys push your baseless conspiracy theory because you were too angry to listen to facts. We watched you guys grow angrier and angrier, yet without any factual basis for the nonsense you were spewing. You simply lost and you couldn’t deal with that reality. The anger finally exploded into what we saw on that infamous day, and it was ENTIRELY due to the idiot that you guys support. You’re on the wrong side of history and that day will not be forgotten. Congratulations.
What does this have to do with the mid term election? Your team want the federal government, not the states, to run the elections, your team wants to get rid of the electoral college. Unconstitutional.

"Democracy" = Demoncrats winning and the GOP being controlled opposition appeasers and jobbers.

Actual opposition to demoncrats and pushback = "We're losing our 'mockracy!"

I'm here to help.

And they let idiots like you teach our children.

Hillary Clinton had 3 million more votes than trump. Stacy Abrams lost by 55,000 after Kemp illegally purged over 300,000 people from the rolls. So when you try making comparisons do so using all the facts. Because none of them lost by 7 million votes and still whines about how they won.
The presidential election is, and has always been, match play, not stroke play....Period.

The gap-toothed land whale lost fair and square....Suck on it.

MAGA candidates who support, or at least don’t condemn, the actions that took place on Jan 6 are running in the midterm election.
It had no impact on the election. It was never an attempt at a coup. You guys are absolute clown fucks for thinking that is was anything more than a panty raid. Your team wants to shred the constitution.

MAGA candidates who support, or at least don’t condemn, the actions that took place on Jan 6 are running in the midterm election.

So what? If you don't outright condemn that means you support? And condemn what exactly? The protest itself or entering the building?

Cause that's what basically happened, there was a mostly peaceful protest outside that was allowed to move up to the actual building itself, and then there were a few hundred stupid people that went inside when the doors were opened to them. Am I missing anything?

If you have actual quotes from any of the candidates running that stated that they supported any violence or trespassing that went on that day, please link them.

Everything you say here is a lie. And with almost 300 election deniers running for office, if you can't see the threat to democracy it's because you don't want to.
You act as if "election denial" is a new thing invented by Donald Trump and "mega MAGA Republicans" in 2020.

You seem to have forgotten about the "hanging chads" election of 2000, in which Democrats claimed election fraud.

You seem to have forgotten the 2004 election in which Democrats claimed election fraud.

You seem to have forgotten more recently in 2016 when Democrats claimed that Trump was "an illegitimate president" due to "Russian interference in our elections", which led to Republican Steve Scalise being shot at a congressional baseball game.

You seem to have forgotten in 2018 when Stacey Abrams claimed fraud in her election and has still not conceded that race.

And Democrats have already been claiming fraud with regard to both the 2022 midterms and the 2024 presidential election.

Is Hillary Clinton a "threat to democracy"? Is Stacey Abrams a "threat to democracy"? Is Jimmy Carter a "threat to democracy"? Have Democrats for the past twenty two years been a "threat to democracy"?

So, during this whole 21st century, Democrats have been loudly crying "fraud!" every time they haven't won an election, doing so for 20 whole years before Republicans ever one-time loudly cried "fraud!" after it actually happened on a very large scale, and now I'm supposed to pretend that "election denial" is just some "crazy right-wing conspiracy theory"? hahahahahahahahaha TOO FUNNY!!!!!

And they let idiots like you teach our children.
Insults are not arguments, dude... Looks like you've run out of arguments, eh?
Hillary Clinton had 3 million more votes than trump.
[1] No she didn't. You seem to be completely unaware as to how elections work in this country. Trump had more votes than Hillary did.
[2] Trump is a proper noun, and is thus capitalized, no matter how much you have been brainwashed to hate the man.
Stacy Abrams lost by 55,000 after Kemp illegally purged over 300,000 people from the rolls.
You act as if people can't register to vote after being removed from voting rolls.
So when you try making comparisons do so using all the facts. Because none of them lost by 7 million votes and still whines about how they won.
Again, you have no idea how elections work, and don't pretend like you care about Kemp "illegally" doing anything when you completely ignore all of the ILLEGAL activities that took place in what was supposed to be the 2020 election.

Here….allow me…..

Plutocracy…..

Autocracy

Monarchy

When the democrats use the word…..”Democracy”….. they dont mean people voting in free elections. When democrats say “democracy” they mean rule by the democrat party……so they are Actually right…if they lose elections and lose their power to them it is a loss of Democracy.
Bingo!

Please….please…keep pushing that……that bullshit is about to push the democrats into minority status………please do not talk about inflation, crime, immigration, transing children, grooming children, national security……

Just endlessly push january 6………….

We will see you Nov. 8.
... because WE largely purposely hold off to vote until ELECTION DAY itself so that it is harder for Dems to cheat and manufacture whatever votes they are short by...

They used to nit-pick every one of Trump's speeches but Biden gets a pass for calling the majority of Americans "a threat to democracy" if they don't support abortion, open borders, high inflation and the castration of kids without parental permission. Who is the threat again?

When is the last time a President of the United States refused to concede after losing an election?

When is the last time we had an election where the incumbent president was ahead in all 6 swing states when polling places closed at midnight and BEHIND in all 6 when everyone woke up the next morning? When was the last time we allowed mail in ballots without signature verification be submitted as real votes? Mail in ballots, ALL FOR BIDEN, not even FOLDED to fit into an envelope be counted? When was the last time the incumbent president added 10 million votes over his first election and still lost to a basement hiding candidate?

When things start happening in vote counting that have never happened in the history of our nation, then you'll get presidents who refuse to concede elections for the first time in the history of our nation.

When a candidate does basically NO campaigning and never leaves his basement yet receives more "votes" than any other presidential candidate in the history of our nation, when our incumbent president added 10 million votes himself, then yea, something is quite amiss. I wouldn't concede either. That would be admitting that sham election was legit.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back