Left wing union irony: Collective greed vs Individual greed

You moron.

Medicare funds are not used to pay school teachers in WI.

Collective bargaining and the general strike are not the same thing

Collective bargaining always contains an implicit threat of a strike.

So does individual bargaining- if I don't like the offer, I walk. If we all dislike the offer, we all walk.

Same goes the other way around: if the company doesn't like the workers' counter-offer, it walks, denying them the means (pay) to feed themselves and their families. How is withholding employment any different than withholding labour? They're both the same thing: refusing to commit to the employment-labour contract.

The only difference is that an individual proletarian's dependency on his capitalist masters is more readily apparent and manifests more quickly than the capitalist's ultimate dpeendcy on the worker because the capitalist has more resources with which to survive a lengthy impasse'

It's quite different if one person as opposed to a union calls a strike. The latter is why the poor kids in Madison haven't gotten their free school lunches for the past three days. The former would result in a substitute teacher being placed in a class.

See the difference?

It's quite different if one person as opposed to a union calls a strike.

The union calling a strike is nothing but a bunch of individuals refusing to work

In most unions, the decision to do so is reached by a popular vote, with those dissenting agreeing to go along with it- still a personal decision
The latter is why the poor kids in Madison haven't gotten their free school lunches for the past three days.

Personally, I'd have food assistance programs run wholly separate from the educational system. That's what SNAP is for- let the school focus on education.
The former would result in a substitute teacher being placed in a class.

The latter means calling in numerous substitute teachers- same as everyone calling in sick
See the difference?
Nope. I dot see that you've been taught to hate the working class and demonize your grandparents for winning you a living wage and a safe workplace

It has always been and will always be a continuing battle between those who actually produce things and those with money.

People with money don't actually produce things? Srsly?

I'll tell my dad not to bother working anymore then. After all, those people he employs (and pays exceptionally well, and provides benefits for - even without being told to by some government), and treats like family..... well, they'll all be fine.... after all, the government will pay their mortgages, and bills, and healthcare, and pensions, and everything else that my dad does right now.

Your stupid whining about 'rich people' is sickening... and based on your own prejudices - not reality.

Without his workers he would have nothing outside of what he alone could produce would he?

I have observed in life that the more you are paid the less product one tends to produce.

I was basically referring to those who just play the market and such.

Collective bargaining and the general strike are not the same thing

So does individual bargaining- if I don't like the offer, I walk. If we all dislike the offer, we all walk.

Same goes the other way around: if the company doesn't like the workers' counter-offer, it walks, denying them the means (pay) to feed themselves and their families. How is withholding employment any different than withholding labour? They're both the same thing: refusing to commit to the employment-labour contract.

The only difference is that an individual proletarian's dependency on his capitalist masters is more readily apparent and manifests more quickly than the capitalist's ultimate dpeendcy on the worker because the capitalist has more resources with which to survive a lengthy impasse'

Yes hence the reasons for revoloution and such.
People who think they have nothing left to lose....

Yes hence the reasons for revoloution and such.
People who think they have nothing left to lose....

The union, the nation-state, the high school clique... criminal gangs... all manifestations of the same thing playing out on different scales, really

Forum List

Back