Left or right...

I would love to, if you can send me a link that doesn't require registration at whitehouse.gov

Do you know something I don't know? I signed....they already know who I am and where I live...the marines mother said go there...so I went there...

As I recall I gave them an email addy and a zip code...they sent me a response...I responded on their link by voting. So far I am still free and functioning. Going to Austin today with the grandkids...have a good day!

I signed, you guys call yourselves patriots but are too scared to give an email address. What's the matter? Afraid the government will add you to some enemies list? Select you for removal to a FEMA death camp? Come get yer guns? Grow a fucking pair for Christ's sake and quit living (and voting) in fear.

…his U.S. legally purchased firearms/ ammunition. Not intending to drive into Mexico he explains he is lost.

You likely don’t realize that the firearms and ammunition purchased ‘legally’ in the United States is irrelevant, as is his entering Mexico ‘unintentionally’ as a consequence of being lost.

That ignorance of the law is not a mitigating circumstance is universally recognized.

Are you and others who signed the ‘petition’ so naïve as to believe that Mexican officials would simply ignore their laws and send Tahmooressi on his way back to the United States solely on his word that he was ‘lost’?

If a Mexican national were to enter the United States with firearms and ammunition, would you expect Border Patrol agents to simply allow him to return to Mexico no questions asked?

And on what ‘grounds’ do you expect the American government to ‘demand’ Tahmooressi be released, that Mexico should disregard its laws in this one case because an American citizen was lost and ill?

An appeal might be made on humanitarian grounds, but there’s nothing compelling Mexico or any other sovereign nation to respond, nor would Mexico be ‘wrong’ to refuse to do so.

Last, the partisan right should be admonished to not attempt to contrive this into some sort of political ‘controversy,’ to use against the Administration or conservatives’ political enemies, as most on the right have a propensity to do, as this in fact is not a ‘left’ or ‘right’ issue.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back