Left or right : Do you support these five ideas?

The 5

• Total voters

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
1. I believe in a balanced budget and therefore will vote for a freeze in government spending until that goal is realized.

2. I believe government should not increase the financial burden on the citizenry during difficult economic times therefore I will oppose all tax increases until our economy has rebounded.

3. I believe more than four decades of U.S. dependence on foreign oil is a travesty therefore I will support an energy plan that calls for immediately increasing usage of all domestic resources including nuclear energy, natural gas, (of course OIL), and coal as necessary.

4. I believe in the sovereignty and security of our country and therefore will support measures to close our borders except for designated immigration points so we will know who is entering and why and I will vehemently oppose any measure giving another country, the United Nations, or any other entity (including CZARS - unapproved by Congress), power over U.S. citizens.

5. I believe the United States of America is the greatest country on earth and therefore will not apologize for policies or actions which have served to free more and feed more people around the world than any other nation on the planet.

Last edited:
no,1 a balanced budget is a pipe dream, 2 if a tax increase is necessary(as can happen when you have troops deployed in 2 war zones) i would support said increase, i love this country and gladly pay th taxes that keep it running,3 i kind of agree with but i would emphasize a manhattan project style effort that would search for newer alternative energies so we could eventually not need oil at all.4 is an unamerican measure and we should not run scared and close the borders, we are a great nation built by immigrants.5 we are a great nation and what makes us great is the ability to admit to and learn from our mistakes.

1. I believe in a balanced budget and therefore will vote for a freeze in government spending until that goal is realized.

2. I believe government should not increase the financial burden on the citizenry during difficult economic times therefore I will oppose all tax increases until our economy has rebounded.

3. I believe more than four decades of U.S. dependence on foreign oil is a travesty therefore I will support an energy plan that calls for immediately increasing usage of all domestic resources including nuclear energy, natural gas, (of course OIL), and coal as necessary.

4. I believe in the sovereignty and security of our country and therefore will support measures to close our borders except for designated immigration points so we will know who is entering and why and I will vehemently oppose any measure giving another country, the United Nations, or any other entity (including CZARS - unapproved by Congress), power over U.S. citizens.

5. I believe the United States of America is the greatest country on earth and therefore will not apologize for policies or actions which have served to free more and feed more people around the world than any other nation on the planet.

I agree with these ideas.

Sounds very reasonable to me. Maybe we can't just freeze all spending, but we can freeze any new spending or new additions to the budget

Some yes.

1. Yes. That's why I was not in favor of heading into two wars on foreign soil without a plan to pay for it first, or at the very least a plan to incorporate it into the annual budget.

2. Taxes are a necessary evil. See 1. If its necessary to go to war or carry out a domestic project, it is necessary to have a plan to pay for it.

3. I agree, with the stipulation that opening up domestic drilling has to be only a part of the solution. Using up our domestic reserves only puts us in a weakened state down the road.

4. Boarder control is a necessity for any nation. However, this must be coupled with cracking down on those that employ illegal aliens. Illegal aliens come here for jobs. No available jobs, no problem.

5. I believe we're the greatest country on Earth. Part of that greatness comes from the fact that when do something wrong we are strong enough and brave enough to admit it and take action to set things right. Even the best of us make mistakes.

Last edited:

I understand there are different circumstances and situations, but if you think in terms of us having to have our taxes in on time or be penalized (balanced budget) than yes they should have to as well.

Absolutely, you have less income so the government is going to add to your burden!?If they did their job as they are supposed to in number 1 we wouldnt need number2 ... although we get it all the time!

This is something that should be more important than anything right now.

and kick all illegals out immediately not detain, including those born here by illegals. Enter the correct way pay your dues and then ...

I don't see much in the line of payback even after countless lives are given to help others. Just more bitching and moaning because the politicians have to play dirty in most cases airing dirty laundry to get an upper hand. If we didnt help they would still be bitching so why not stop and keep the billions here.

I believe that when the financial system breaks down, credit is restricted and savings are eroded, the federal government must step up spending to stimulate the economy. after all, the economy is nothing more than the exchange of money for goods or services. If no one has the money, the whole system suffers.

Government programs need funding. If we are engaged in war, we must fund that effort. But then, weren't we told that Iraqi oil revenues would pay for the war? Suppose this line of thinking held sway during World War II? Who would have bought a single war bond then?

So long as the energy companies write energy policy, there will be no provision for conservation. I'm wondering why so many on the Right pooh pooh conservation efforts? Remember the flak Obama got for suggesting we properly inflate out tires?

To close our borders, seal them off to a few designated checkpoints may sound like a good idea. Right up until the human tragedy of a desert crossing becomes all too apparent. I wonder if greater engagement with Latin America could not stem the tide of illegal immigration?

5. I believe the United States of America is the greatest country on earth and therefore will not apologize for policies or actions which have served to free more and feed more people around the world than any other nation on the planet.[/QUOTE] If we ignore our past, we are doomed to repeat it.

No one who lives in the real world lives in a world of belief, except ideologues, for the pragmatic and reasonable, life is about what works particularly in politics and the the economy.

I did find your #5 interesting as it demonstrates the hierarchical ideas of conservatism. It is good to see that admitted in words. Wrong or wrong you really don't care, cause you are a conservative American.

PS I'm listening to Beck now, comments later.

(We don't need government to survive. remember when the Government shut down in what was it, 1995? Nothing happened)

(I oppose all tax increases for ANY reason)

(I'm all for drilling for oil anywhere as well as Nuclear power. If that reduces our foreign dependence would just be gravy)

(Good)

(Absolutely!)

I voted "some" due to the "Closed Border" element...

The US has had open borders since its inception...

Those OPEN borders were NEVER a problem until the US embraced Leftism and the Social Entitlements mind set...

Much as an 'open bar' invitees party crashers... the big-spender policies of the Left which seek to pay for every NEED of every possible problem that anyone who shows up might present, is responsible for the PROBLEM of SUPPORTING ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS...

I for one don't have a problem with immigrants who cross the border and intend to sustain themselves through their own means to do so.

That's how my progenitors did it... No one gave them a DAMN THING! If they got sick... they freakin' suffered... and so far, most have died. That's life...

America as a principle doesn't promise you a DAMN THING, except the right to pursue your dreams...

Want to stop the flow of illegal immigrants looking for a free ride? STOP THE FREE RIDES...

Again... it's not a complex issue... it only becomes complex when one tries to introduce invalid reasoning... and DEMANDS that such is otherwise.

Last edited:
1. I believe in a balanced budget and therefore will vote for a freeze in government spending until that goal is realized.we don't get to 'vote' on things like this. We're not a direct democracy, nor should we be.

I will vote for any candidate that stresses this type of thinking, however.

2. I believe government should not increase the financial burden on the citizenry during difficult economic times therefore i will oppose all tax increases until our economy has rebounded. yep.

3. I believe more than four decades of u.s. Dependence on foreign oil is a travesty therefore i will support an energy plan that calls for immediately increasing usage of all domestic resources including nuclear energy, natural gas, (of course oil), and coal as necessary.developing our own resources, including developing new technologies.

4. I believe in the sovereignty and security of our country and therefore will support measures to close our borders except for designated immigration points so we will know who is entering and why and i will vehemently oppose any measure giving another country, the united nations, or any other entity (including czars - unapproved by congress), power over u.s. Citizens.i'm for closing access to 'illegal immigration.' i'm in favor of the legislature addressing the needs of our country towards reevaluating the quotas from all countries and thresholds.

5. I believe the united states of america is the greatest country on earth and therefore will not apologize for policies or actions which have served to free more and feed more people around the world than any other nation on the planet.
100%

Not by any stretch.

Midcant is nearly as big a practitioner of situational ethics and moral relativism as are you.

And Libertarians aren't anarchists. Thery're staunch supporters of a set of rules known as "the Constitution".

Pretty weak attempt.

I voted "some".

1. I think we've been spending way too much money, no question. I do believe we need some kind of economic stimulation (I just don't like the particulars of much of the stim bill that was passed). A freeze on the amount of spending might be a good idea, if the priorities were changed and more of what we spend was used at home.

2. If it becomes necessary to raise taxes by a certain amount to perform necessary services (military, police, infrastructure, #3 below), or for God's sake pay down the debt! Then I see that as value for my dollar.

3. Yes, yes, and yes! As long as we are focusing on increasing domestic production only as a stopgap while investing in developing new technologies. Otherwise, we're just kicking the can down the road.

4. I think we need to think about overhauling the entire INS. Secure the borders, yes. Crack down on companies that employ illegals, absolutely. Also streamline the process for legals to stay legal and become citizens. My ex-stepmother in law (that's a mouthful) came to the US legally when she was 16, she couldn't become a citizen until she was in her late 40's - and believe me it wasn't for lack of trying. Pathetic! What incentive does that kind of ineptitude give people to play by the rules?

5. I believe it takes a bigger person - or country - to be able to admit they were wrong than to pretend their proverbial caca does not stink.

Not by any stretch.

Midcant is nearly as big a practitioner of situational ethics and moral relativism as are you.

And Libertarians aren't anarchists. Thery're staunch supporters of a set of rules known as "the Constitution".

Pretty weak attempt.

he is also one of the bigger hypocrites around here.....he despises ANYONE to his right,which is just about everyone,and calls righties hateful,selfish,etc.etc......but yet talks about those to his right,the same way he claims they talk about the left....hey Chrissy would be considered a conservative by this twats reasoning.....

No one who lives in the real world lives in a world of belief, except ideologues, for the pragmatic and reasonable, life is about what works particularly in politics and the the economy.

The credo of the anarchist.

The credo of a realist.

"The peculiar internal tension of liberal constitutions is that they constrain power even as they authorize it—that is, they attempt to curb the despotic power and ambitions of individual rulers and officials and, by doing so, to permit stronger systemic capacities." Paul Starr in Freedom's Power

Unspecified freeze in government spending. Does that mean no 'new' spending or just no spending? Or no spending in 'certain' cases and if so - which ones. So, I can't agree with this one.

Sometimes tax increases are important. Sometimes they're not. Without taxes, there is no income for the government, which makes it hard for the government to spend. There are things that nothing else but a government can sponsor (I know, don't shoot). I can't exactly agree, even though I do agree with the basic principle (taxing does take away money from most people).

I agree.

That's pretty much the current situation, isn't it? The borders should definitely be better guarded, that is for sure. I don't think US has ever ratified the ICC - so none of its citizens can be judged in it. So, kind of agree.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Silly me. Need constant reminding. :yawn:

Last edited:

You're okay except for Number I. Obama thinks he's a teenage girl with Daddy's AMerican Express at the mall.

The credo of the anarchist.

The credo of a realist.

"The peculiar internal tension of liberal constitutions is that they constrain power even as they authorize it—that is, they attempt to curb the despotic power and ambitions of individual rulers and officials and, by doing so, to permit stronger systemic capacities." Paul Starr in Freedom's Power
Realist schmealist.

You're a situational ethicist and an anarchist, for whom every rule has its several loopholes to circumvnet.

Forum List

Back