Left or right : Do you support these five ideas?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mr.Fitnah, Aug 31, 2009.

?

The 5

1. Yes

46.2%
  2. No

20.5%
  3. Some

33.3%
  1. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    1. I believe in a balanced budget and therefore will vote for a freeze in government spending until that goal is realized.

2. I believe government should not increase the financial burden on the citizenry during difficult economic times therefore I will oppose all tax increases until our economy has rebounded.

3. I believe more than four decades of U.S. dependence on foreign oil is a travesty therefore I will support an energy plan that calls for immediately increasing usage of all domestic resources including nuclear energy, natural gas, (of course OIL), and coal as necessary.

4. I believe in the sovereignty and security of our country and therefore will support measures to close our borders except for designated immigration points so we will know who is entering and why and I will vehemently oppose any measure giving another country, the United Nations, or any other entity (including CZARS - unapproved by Congress), power over U.S. citizens.

5. I believe the United States of America is the greatest country on earth and therefore will not apologize for policies or actions which have served to free more and feed more people around the world than any other nation on the planet.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  2. noose4

noose4 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +610
    no,1 a balanced budget is a pipe dream, 2 if a tax increase is necessary(as can happen when you have troops deployed in 2 war zones) i would support said increase, i love this country and gladly pay th taxes that keep it running,3 i kind of agree with but i would emphasize a manhattan project style effort that would search for newer alternative energies so we could eventually not need oil at all.4 is an unamerican measure and we should not run scared and close the borders, we are a great nation built by immigrants.5 we are a great nation and what makes us great is the ability to admit to and learn from our mistakes.

3. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    I agree with these ideas.

Sounds very reasonable to me. Maybe we can't just freeze all spending, but we can freeze any new spending or new additions to the budget

4. Dr.Traveler

Dr.Traveler Mathematician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,047
    Some yes.

1. Yes. That's why I was not in favor of heading into two wars on foreign soil without a plan to pay for it first, or at the very least a plan to incorporate it into the annual budget.

2. Taxes are a necessary evil. See 1. If its necessary to go to war or carry out a domestic project, it is necessary to have a plan to pay for it.

3. I agree, with the stipulation that opening up domestic drilling has to be only a part of the solution. Using up our domestic reserves only puts us in a weakened state down the road.

4. Boarder control is a necessity for any nation. However, this must be coupled with cracking down on those that employ illegal aliens. Illegal aliens come here for jobs. No available jobs, no problem.

5. I believe we're the greatest country on Earth. Part of that greatness comes from the fact that when do something wrong we are strong enough and brave enough to admit it and take action to set things right. Even the best of us make mistakes.

5. pete

pete The food stamp president

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +232
    I don't see much in the line of payback even after countless lives are given to help others. Just more bitching and moaning because the politicians have to play dirty in most cases airing dirty laundry to get an upper hand. If we didnt help they would still be bitching so why not stop and keep the billions here.

6. Nosmo King

Nosmo King Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,299
    I believe that when the financial system breaks down, credit is restricted and savings are eroded, the federal government must step up spending to stimulate the economy. after all, the economy is nothing more than the exchange of money for goods or services. If no one has the money, the whole system suffers.

Government programs need funding. If we are engaged in war, we must fund that effort. But then, weren't we told that Iraqi oil revenues would pay for the war? Suppose this line of thinking held sway during World War II? Who would have bought a single war bond then?

So long as the energy companies write energy policy, there will be no provision for conservation. I'm wondering why so many on the Right pooh pooh conservation efforts? Remember the flak Obama got for suggesting we properly inflate out tires?

To close our borders, seal them off to a few designated checkpoints may sound like a good idea. Right up until the human tragedy of a desert crossing becomes all too apparent. I wonder if greater engagement with Latin America could not stem the tide of illegal immigration?

5. I believe the United States of America is the greatest country on earth and therefore will not apologize for policies or actions which have served to free more and feed more people around the world than any other nation on the planet.[/QUOTE] If we ignore our past, we are doomed to repeat it.

7. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    Anyone else?

8. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,289
    No one who lives in the real world lives in a world of belief, except ideologues, for the pragmatic and reasonable, life is about what works particularly in politics and the the economy.

I did find your #5 interesting as it demonstrates the hierarchical ideas of conservatism. It is good to see that admitted in words. Wrong or wrong you really don't care, cause you are a conservative American.

PS I'm listening to Beck now, comments later.

9. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,678
    1. I believe in a balanced budget and therefore will vote for a freeze in government spending until that goal is realized.
    (We don't need government to survive. remember when the Government shut down in what was it, 1995? Nothing happened)

2. I believe government should not increase the financial burden on the citizenry during difficult economic times therefore I will oppose all tax increases until our economy has rebounded.
    (I oppose all tax increases for ANY reason)

3. I believe more than four decades of U.S. dependence on foreign oil is a travesty therefore I will support an energy plan that calls for immediately increasing usage of all domestic resources including nuclear energy, natural gas, (of course OIL), and coal as necessary.
    (I'm all for drilling for oil anywhere as well as Nuclear power. If that reduces our foreign dependence would just be gravy)

4. I believe in the sovereignty and security of our country and therefore will support measures to close our borders except for designated immigration points so we will know who is entering and why and I will vehemently oppose any measure giving another country, the United Nations, or any other entity (including CZARS - unapproved by Congress), power over U.S. citizens.
    (Good)

5. I believe the United States of America is the greatest country on earth and therefore will not apologize for policies or actions which have served to free more and feed more people around the world than any other nation on the planet.
    (Absolutely!)

10. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    I voted "some" due to the "Closed Border" element...

The US has had open borders since its inception...

Those OPEN borders were NEVER a problem until the US embraced Leftism and the Social Entitlements mind set...

Much as an 'open bar' invitees party crashers... the big-spender policies of the Left which seek to pay for every NEED of every possible problem that anyone who shows up might present, is responsible for the PROBLEM of SUPPORTING ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS...

I for one don't have a problem with immigrants who cross the border and intend to sustain themselves through their own means to do so.

That's how my progenitors did it... No one gave them a DAMN THING! If they got sick... they freakin' suffered... and so far, most have died. That's life...

America as a principle doesn't promise you a DAMN THING, except the right to pursue your dreams...

Want to stop the flow of illegal immigrants looking for a free ride? STOP THE FREE RIDES...

Again... it's not a complex issue... it only becomes complex when one tries to introduce invalid reasoning... and DEMANDS that such is otherwise.