Left Losing Debt Debate- Pulls out Race Card

Barack Obama increased the national debt by over $3 trillion in just over 2 years.
Obama tripled the deficit in one year with his failed stimulus plan.

You like graphs
obama-deficit-2011.jpg

By far most of Obama's deficits came from Bush, the economy, and Obama's tax cuts.

Try again, it might be time for some more class warfare or the race card

Truth is hard for the Left, in fact it is their worst enemy

Under President Obama, government will spend more on welfare in a single year than President George W. Bush spent on the war in Iraq during his entire presidency. According to the Congressional Research Service, the cost of the Iraq war through the end of the Bush Administration was around $622 billion. By contrast, annual federal and state means-tested welfare spending will reach $888 billion in FY 2010. Federal welfare spending alone will equal $697 billion in that year.

a budget submitted by Obama would add more to the debt than the outstanding debt of the previous 43 presidents combined.

Were do people get these crazy ideas that Papa Obama and the Left spends too much?
:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Were any of them members of Congress?

Yes.

Do you agree with Sheila Lee?

It's not because Obama's black, it's because republicans in congress are political whores, note the McConnell plan, who will put party over country. I don't mind, it worked for Newt and the gang in the 90's.

I can't speak for other conservatives, but I really don't care what it takes to get there- I just want a balanced budget. Period.

I am not opposed to a small (1-2%) tax increase across the board for everyone to get there, but I'm not a naive fool. I've seen this movie far too many times. The Democrats promise to make spending cuts in exchange for tax increases. The taxes go up immediately, but the spending cuts NEVER materialize. They are like drug addicts- they are addicted to spending. Give Congress more revenue and they'll spend every penny and about 40% more.

imagess.jpg

Sorry, but Homey don't play dat no more. Cut spending first. Pass a balanced budget amendment. Then we can talk about tax increases.

Barack Obama increased the national debt by over $3 trillion in just over 2 years.
Obama tripled the deficit in one year with his failed stimulus plan.

You like graphs
obama-deficit-2011.jpg

By far most of Obama's deficits came from Bush, the economy, and Obama's tax cuts.

Try again, it might be time for some more class warfare or the race card

Under President Obama, government will spend more on welfare in a single year than President George W. Bush spent on the war in Iraq during his entire presidency. According to the Congressional Research Service, the cost of the Iraq war through the end of the Bush Administration was around $622 billion. By contrast, annual federal and state means-tested welfare spending will reach $888 billion in FY 2010. Federal welfare spending alone will equal $697 billion in that year.

a budget submitted by Obama would add more to the debt than the outstanding debt of the previous 43 presidents combined.

Were do people get these crazy ideas that Papa Obama and the Left spends too much?

What should have happened to those who lost their jobs in late 2008, early 2009?

Not really. The annual deficits come from spending too much. The feds collect $2.2 Trillion a year and spend $3.6 Trillion. I know you and plenty of others on the other side of the aisle think it is a trite colloquialism, but we really do not have an INCOME problem, we have a SPENDING problem.

Not really? Obama inherited a 450 billion dollar deficit from Bush. Tax revenues fell about 400 billion from 08 to 09. Obama cut 300 billion in taxes.

There's 1.1 trillion in deficits for the first year, just as I described them.

That accounts for less than 1/3 of Obama's $3 trillion+ in debt. He is projected to exceed $6 Trillion in just 4 years.

Income = $2.2 Trillion
Spending - $3.8 Trillion

It's pretty simple. We spend more than we collect. That is by definition a SPENDING problem. Spin away.....

Last edited:
Since the class warfare is not working, the Left has pulled out the race card as predicted

I can't believe this woman would say something like this. I mean honestly, doesn't she realize Bill Clinton was treated just as poorly? And he's a white guy!

Right? Clinton's white, right?

This is an odd year, so yes, but in even election years he's black.

Yes.

It's not because Obama's black, it's because republicans in congress are political whores, note the McConnell plan, who will put party over country. I don't mind, it worked for Newt and the gang in the 90's.

I can't speak for other conservatives, but I really don't care what it takes to get there- I just want a balanced budget. Period.

I am not opposed to a small (1-2%) tax increase across the board for everyone to get there, but I'm not a naive fool. I've seen this movie far too many times. The Democrats promise to make spending cuts in exchange for tax increases. The taxes go up immediately, but the spending cuts NEVER materialize. They are like drug addicts- they are addicted to spending. Give Congress more revenue and they'll spend every penny and about 40% more.

imagess.jpg

Sorry, but Homey don't play dat no more. Cut spending first. Pass a balanced budget amendment. Then we can talk about tax increases.

All too true- drug addict to spending

The Left needs an "intervention"

Not really. The annual deficits come from spending too much. The feds collect $2.2 Trillion a year and spend $3.6 Trillion. I know you and plenty of others on the other side of the aisle think it is a trite colloquialism, but we really do not have an INCOME problem, we have a SPENDING problem.

Not really? Obama inherited a 450 billion dollar deficit from Bush. Tax revenues fell about 400 billion from 08 to 09. Obama cut 300 billion in taxes.

can you speak to that with specificity please?

Yes.

imagess.jpg

You "can't speak for other conservatives" yet you infer that all liberals, especially black liberals agree with Lee. The Democrats were in charge when Medicare Part D, Iraq and Afghanistan Wars were left unfunded?

The unfunded mandates are 54 trillion, why not cut $30 trillion right now?

imagess.jpg

You "can't speak for other conservatives" yet you infer that all liberals, especially black liberals agree with Lee. The Democrats were in charge when Medicare Part D, Iraq and Afghanistan Wars were left unfunded?

I didn't infer anything.

imagess.jpg

I didn't infer anything.

The Democrats were in charge when Medicare Part D, Iraq and Afghanistan Wars were left unfunded?

I didn't infer anything.

The Democrats were in charge when Medicare Part D, Iraq and Afghanistan Wars were left unfunded?

Why not crawl before we walk? We need to balance the budget first. Get the spending under control. Then we can work on the rest.

I didn't infer anything.

Why not crawl before we walk? We need to balance the budget first. Get the spending under control. Then we can work on the rest.

All very true.

Notice too, all this talk of Papa Obama putting everything on the table
But no talk of his faux legacy- PapaObama Care being on the table

The Left wonders why the American voter does not take them serious

meh.......the k00ks can pull any card, including the race card for the next 18 months. Who cares?
We deal the Joker to the k00ks next November, and oh what a night it'll be. I'm going to try not to chew my right arm of when I tune in the MSNBC talk shows all night.

Listen...if you're a conservative, you'll be tempted to tune into FOX..........but I highly recommend the MSNBC shows that night. WHen I watched the results of the 2010 election come in, Olbermann and Matthews looked like the whole night they were sitting on one of those red hot cattle prods. Its cant miss TV........a hoot and a half!!

All very true.

Obama is great when it comes to talking about "talking about" budget cuts. When you actually get into the specifics of "making" budget cuts. Then he gets angry, picks up his toys, and runs out of the room.

The only race card here is the joker who wants to keep spending money and killing jobs.

All very true.

Obama is great when it comes to talking about "talking about" budget cuts. When you actually get into the specifics of "making" budget cuts. Then he gets angry, picks up his toys, and runs out of the room.

Exactly. And his math is very fuzzy on that 80% of the people want this "DEAL." He DOES DOES NOT HAVE THE CAJONES TO PUT A PLAN ON THE TABLE. He is ducking the real issue and it's campaign politics as usual for him.

I don't think anyone in our political history has taken the savage abuse that Sarah Palin has taken.Hilary
Clinton would be second and it's a distant second.The liberal media outnumbers the right by a huge number so the attacks on Sarah Palin were and are far more... I give Sarah Palin tremendous credit for hanging in there against such an angry mob.Too bad the left went after her family as often and as viciously as they did.

Barrack Obama is being criticized for being a liberal Democrat and not for being black....get over it.

Last edited:

can you speak to that with specificity please?

For the zillionth time:

1. The 2008 Bush deficit was 458 billion. If Obama had not increased spending 1 nickel and if tax revenues had remained the same he would have had that 458 billion dollar deficit in 2009.

2. But...tax revenues fell 420 billion from 2008 to 2009, so without doing ANYTHING, Obama inherited an 878 billion dollar deficit.

3. There was a 288 billion dollar tax cut in the 2009 stimulus bill. To be precise, as I look at it, the decrease in revenues from those cuts for 2009 might already be in the 420 billion number above. I don't want to count it twice.

4. The actual spending increase from 2008 to 2009 was 536 billion, while Bush's 2008 spending increase was 255 billion. The difference there, of 270 billion is probably attributable to the stimulus bill.

So, given the facts above, how much of the 1.4 trillion dollar deficit in 2009 can you blame directly on the actions of President Obama?

A clue: If Obama had been able to freeze spending at the 2008 level, let's be honest, a virtual impossibility, his deficit would have been 878 billion.

Historical Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary

For the "zillionth" time, indeed
(sounds like a Papa Obama Budget)

------------------
The Left desperately holds on to Papa Obama's 1st year budget as proof of his "budget innocence"
Too bad he has been in power for several years....

Barack Obama and Democrats also added over One Trillion Dollars to the Federal Budget in the last 4 years.

federal-budget.jpg

That’s at least a 30% increase in federal spending in just 3 years.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back