Left Losing Debt Debate- Pulls out Race Card

Little bit more hope and change ? Yes we can, just a little bit later ? We could have, but Bush wouldn't let us ?

So the entire national debt was brought on by Obama and the democrats?

No of course not silly but

a budget submitted by Obama would add more to the debt than the outstanding debt of the previous 43 presidents combined.

Were do people get these crazy ideas that Papa Obama and the Left spends too much?
:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Since the class warfare is not working, the Left has pulled out the race card
as predicted

:eusa_whistle:

The Hill reported:

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) on Friday strongly suggested that members of Congress are making it difficult for President Obama to raise the debt ceiling because of his race.

“I do not understand what I think is the maligning and maliciousness [toward] this president,” said Jackson Lee, a member of the Congressional Black Caucus. “Why is he different? And in my community, that is the question that we raise. In the minority community that is question that is being raised. Why is this president being treated so disrespectfully? Why has the debt limit been raised 60 times? Why did the leader of the Senate continually talk about his job is to bring the president down to make sure he is unelected?”

Earlier in her speech, Jackson Lee said Obama has been targeted unlike any other president.

“I am particularly sensitive to the fact that only this president — only this one, only this one — has received the kind of attacks and disagreement and inability to work, only this one,” said Jackson Lee from the House floor.

“Read between the lines,” she continued. “What is different about this president that should put him in a position that he should not receive the same kind of respectful treatment of when it is necessary to raise the debt limit in order to pay our bills, something required by both statute and the 14th amendment?”

Jackson Lee concluded by saying that she hoped someone would step up and say that what appears obvious to her is not in fact true.

Why did you say 'the left' is doing this when you meant one Congresswoman is doing this?

Do you agree with her?

No, there's plenty of evidence that Republicans are capable of acting this stupidly around white guys.

Barack Obama increased the national debt by over $3 trillion in just over 2 years.
Obama tripled the deficit in one year with his failed stimulus plan.

You like graphs
obama-deficit-2011.jpg

By far most of Obama's deficits came from Bush, the economy, and Obama's tax cuts.

Do you agree with Sheila ??

PS- Lots of people on the right were very upset with Bush and his big spending ways, so that dog won't hunt.

Were any of them members of Congress?

Yes.

Do you agree with Sheila Lee?

It's not because Obama's black, it's because republicans in congress are political whores, note the McConnell plan, who will put party over country. I don't mind, it worked for Newt and the gang in the 90's.

Barack Obama increased the national debt by over $3 trillion in just over 2 years.

You like graphs
obama-deficit-2011.jpg

By far most of Obama's deficits came from Bush, the economy, and Obama's tax cuts.

Not really. The annual deficits come from spending too much. The feds collect $2.2 Trillion a year and spend $3.6 Trillion. I know you and plenty of others on the other side of the aisle think it is a trite colloquialism, but we really do not have an INCOME problem, we have a SPENDING problem.

You like graphs
obama-deficit-2011.jpg

Not really. The annual deficits come from spending too much. The feds collect $2.2 Trillion a year and spend $3.6 Trillion. I know you and plenty of others on the other side of the aisle think it is a trite colloquialism, but we really do not have an INCOME problem, we have a SPENDING problem.

Not really? Obama inherited a 450 billion dollar deficit from Bush. Tax revenues fell about 400 billion from 08 to 09. Obama cut 300 billion in taxes.

There's 1.1 trillion in deficits for the first year, just as I described them.

Jackson Lee concluded by saying that she hoped someone would step up and say that what appears obvious to her is not in fact true.

Congressperson Jackson Lee may be correct.

Since 1981 "conservative" Republicans have been rationalizing increases in the statutory limit on the federal public debt.

Repudiating the National Debt by Murray N. Rothbard

The question then is why are they opposing this time. Is it becasue of Obama's race, Or is it because of Tea Party influence, or both.

Forum List

Back