"left Behind" Movie Due Oct. 3rd

Always like religious thrillers. Guess because unlike reality (imo) in the movie or game, God or gods actually exist. Why I got so into Everquest mmorpg when it came out way back. Played, not surprisingly, a cleric (worshipping the elven goddess Tunare (good goddess) for about 5 years. Unlike in real life where the clergy held some appeal, but too much doubt made my decision, in the game not only was the existence of gods beyond question, you could, when high-enough level journey to their home planes of existence and literally stand before them.

One of the reasons I haven't upgraded my pc since then, I know myself and how much I'd enjoy another Eq-like game and lest I get sucked into it all over again, I'll stick to a relatively primitive pc unable to play modern games. :)

@Delta

Remember the other day when you said ...

delta4embassy said:
First time (maybe second heh) thread I've ever made about (the Second Coming of Christ). If that's 'a lot' to you, you have weird definitions.

... in this post, this thread?

The Second Coming Has Come US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

That was exactly why I asked you that question, see.

I'll say it again:

You sure do talk about the Second Coming a lot — as further evidenced in this thread you've just started, right here.

Sounds to me like you're worried about it.

We'll hafta pray for you.

@Delta

Remember the other day when you said ...

delta4embassy said:
First time (maybe second heh) thread I've ever made about (the Second Coming of Christ). If that's 'a lot' to you, you have weird definitions.

... in this post, this thread?

The Second Coming Has Come US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

That was exactly why I asked you that question, see.

I'll say it again:

You sure do talk about the Second Coming a lot — as further evidenced in this thread you've just started, right here.

Sounds to me like you're worried about it.

We'll hafta pray for you.

Anybody who isn't worried about the Second Coming (read: God) isn't worried about death.
And I do not think there are many out there who are not worried about death. (regardless of what they may say)

Not worried about the Second Coming any more than I am about body thetans doing something icky to me.

Am worried about death, it's why I take vitamins and live a healthy stress-minimizing lifestyle.

Not worried about the Second Coming any more than I am about body thetans doing something icky to me.

Am worried about death, it's why I take vitamins and live a healthy stress-minimizing lifestyle.

So did Jack LaLane. I suspect his priorities have since changed.

He has no priorities. He is dead like Delta will be someday no matter how many vitamins he takes. As far as the movie goes it is yet another reboot made by a bunch of unimaginative Hollywood idiots who have nothing new to offer.

He has no priorities. He is dead like Delta will be someday no matter how many vitamins he takes. As far as the movie goes it is yet another reboot made by a bunch of unimaginative Hollywood idiots who have nothing new to offer.

Hollywood makes movies they expect will make money. Given the popularity of the books, and the low-budget movie versions made already, this big budget attempt is part of a sequence of Biblical movies. Noah, Son of God, etc. and others still to come are the latest Hollywood 'get rich off God' thing.

I saw a show called "The Bible" on Netflix one time. Its special effects were fucking amazing, and the actual show was pretty epic too.

Hollywood makes movies they expect will make money. Given the popularity of the books, and the low-budget movie versions made already, this big budget attempt is part of a sequence of Biblical movies. Noah, Son of God, etc. and others still to come are the latest Hollywood 'get rich off God' thing.
Noah barely broke even when it was all said and done. This one will bomb. It doesn't have the media campaign. If it makes money it will only be because Cage is cheap to buy these days.

Well if it were true that death ends it all as you so confidently state, then that would crush my spirits to the point I would not even care about much of anything. The thought I would never see those dear to me again would be too much to bear.

And in following then, the fact believers' and unbelievers' priorities differ greatly on moral principles, on political and social pursuits and their importance should come as no surprise to anyone. Which would contribute greatly to why our world can never be at peace.

Last edited:
Noah barely broke even when it was all said and done. This one will bomb. It doesn't have the media campaign. If it makes money it will only be because Cage is cheap to buy these days.

Don't need a media blitz for religious-themed movies. Everyone kinda understands the concept already.

I like Cage's movies. Loved "Next" and the end of the world one can't recall name off-hand.

Well if it were true that death ends it all as you so confidently state, then that would crush my spirits to the point I would not even care about much of anything. The thought I would never see those dear to me again would be too much to bear.

And in following then, the fact believers' and unbelievers' priorities differ greatly on moral principles, on political and social pursuits and their importance should come as no surprise to anyone. Which would contribute greatly to why our world can never be at peace.
I confidently stated no such thing That aside your reaction to such a finite ending is why I have always supported people's belief in God. If believing in the afterlife keeps the weak minded from going whacko and burning down the world I am for it.

I confidently stated no such thing That aside your reaction to such a finite ending is why I have always supported people's belief in God. If believing in the afterlife keeps the weak minded from going whacko and burning down the world I am for it.

Then what did you mean when you said "He (jack lalane) has no priorities?" I took that to mean he was no longer a living being of any kind? As does your scoffing there is an afterlife.

That sounds pretty confident to me. But more to the point, terribly tragic. I guess there is no way of convincing you that you are wrong.

Forum List

Back