Why I'm Not A Christian

Brucethethinker

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2011
The basic premise of christianity is:
1) We're all bad, and deserve to go to hell.
2) Good news! Jesus spent 3 days being crucified on the cross so that god will forgive us and let us into heaven anyway, even though we're bad and don't deserve to go to heaven.

If I make a mistake, or do something wrong, I don't want someone else paying for me. I'll pay for my own sins after I did, just like I've done my whole life.

I'll spend 3 days on the cross just like Jesus did.

2) Good news! Jesus spent 3 days being crucified on the cross so that god will forgive us and let us into heaven anyway, even though we're bad and don't deserve to go to heaven.

If I make a mistake, or do something wrong, I don't want someone else paying for me. I'll pay for my own sins after I did, just like I've done my whole life.

Good points. Rather than be tormented with a lie my whole life or tortured for eternity in hell for not believing what sounds like a lie to me, can I opt for being tortured on a cross for 3 days?

Bruce and Bobo...a gay couple who don't know shit about Christianity.

Google or Youtube George Carlin Religion is the Greatest Bullshit Story Ever Told.

That's all I need to know about Christianity.

But I do happen to know a lot more than that, but in rhetrospect, he sums it up perfectly in about 5 minutes.

I don't know Bobo, and I'm certainly not gay. What don't I know about christianity? I've read the bible from cover to cover. When you do something wrong, do you man up to it, or do you try to weasel out?

Wow.....you mad Bro? You will no doubt have oodles of fun burning in hell..... :)

I don't know Bobo, and I'm certainly not gay. What don't I know about christianity? I've read the bible from cover to cover. When you do something wrong, do you man up to it, or do you try to weasel out?

I don't like Christianity because Christians seem to think they can live life being assholes and they have this secret get into jail free pass.

Wow.....you mad Bro? You will no doubt have oodles of fun burning in hell..... :)

That's the normal knee jerk reply you get from a stupid theist who's been brainwashed.

You dumb bro?

I know I'm going to hell, which is why I try to have as much fun as I can while I'm still on this earth.

An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, “Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger.”

The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, “What would you want to talk about?”

” Oh, I don’t know,” said the atheist. “How about why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?” as he smiled smugly.

“OK,” she said. “Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff – grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?”

The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl’s intelligence, thinks about it and says, “Hmmm, I have no idea.” To which the little girl replies, “Do you really feel qualified to discuss why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death, when you don’t know sh#t?”

And then she went back to reading her book.

....And that is what atheists are full of. :)

An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, “Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger.”

The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, “What would you want to talk about?”

” Oh, I don’t know,” said the atheist. “How about why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?” as he smiled smugly.

“OK,” she said. “Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff – grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?”

The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl’s intelligence, thinks about it and says, “Hmmm, I have no idea.” To which the little girl replies, “Do you really feel qualified to discuss why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death, when you don’t know sh#t?”

And then she went back to reading her book.

....And that is what atheists are full of. :)

Funny.

Worth mentioning, in defense of atheists, there are strong and weak varieties of atheism. The guy in the joke was of the strong sort asserting an unproven hypothesis there is no God. Whereas a weak-atheist would simply say, like I do, we don't believe in God. But we're wise enough not to make it a definitive statement as with "because there isn't one." We just don't believe because of the lack of evidence. Show us some evidence and we'll review it. If it's conclusive and irrefutable, we'll fairly and reasonably change our minds.

ironically you are right. Those who don't accept the atonement of Christ will have to suffer as He did. Which suffering cause even God Himself to bleed from every pore and wish that He could avoid it.

This is another reason, religions encourage insanity:

PhilipinoCrux-1024x493.jpg

Note those are real spikes in his palm.
Faithful in Philippines embrace Christ and his crucifixion Latitude News

actually you are totally wrong. Christianity is about the good news. Jesus took your place on that Cross- even though He knew you still would reject Him! Amazing isn't it?

Jesus took your place on that Cross- even though He knew you still would reject Him! Amazing isn't it?
I didn't ask him to "take my place", how DARE he take my place, that is MY place on the cross. Besides, I've read the bible, and in the bible god lies, whereas satan always tells the truth.

Jesus took your place on that Cross- even though He knew you still would reject Him! Amazing isn't it?
I didn't ask him to "take my place", how DARE he take my place, that is MY place on the cross. Besides, I've read the bible, and in the bible god lies, whereas satan always tells the truth.

I don't know what bible you are reading. But it's not the holy one

Forum List

Back