Lee, Rhee, ne?

Mike Dwight

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2017
I'm having a little fun here. Let me know if you can help me out. Lee and Rhee are two Romanization spellings of the same Korean Surname (이) or also Yi (이). So the Joseon Kingdom family dynasty was Yi (이) such as Yi Gojong , the English friendly sounding Surname has developed in south Korea as Lee (이) and the North uses Rhee (이) , but also the first South Korean president is Rhee (이) Syngman. The 이 sound reminds me maybe of a rolling Spanish R, its rendered as an L or an R in english. Ne is a Romanization of a less formal yes in Korean.

Most Korean Americans identify as Christian and Presbyterian, above 50% maybe 80%. I enjoy how they fall short of our great Protestant Reformation!

My song I want help making is going to be called Lee, Rhee, ne? It is based on the US Civil War song Lorena. Lorena is based on The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe. My specific goal is making fun of gender relations currently with Korean Americans and aspirational morals of the group overall.
The woman is responding Ne? all the time is reminiscent perhaps of a confucianly stereotype with a close male acquaintance speaking.I want the same melody song as Lorena from the Civil War maybe overly modern pop sound to it for the HELL of it. Every line is going to have a reference actually which I'll cite them at the bottom.

We've travelled far since auld lang syne Lee, Rhee, NE?
A first name for you, I might dare.
The Koreans have some internal disagreements Lee, Rhee, NE?
We might find time for our own elsewhere.

A long voyage on the Columbia, to the land of Columbia.
I wish to make our best impression.
I'll take up the Cross Lee, Rhee, NE?
I'll find it with 1983's Presbyterian Church (USA)!

Oh a gentleman always puts himself first,
Su-u-uch as yourself my dear Lee, Rhee, NE?
Internet please bring back my bonnie to me!
Isn't Hananim also here in this LA hotel?
3. Sort of US Civil War, Korean NOT a civil war?!
4. moving to US

5. Hail Columbia and Columbia Gem of the Ocean being older US national anthems, Columbia is a personification of a woman, a ship, the land of America. Women rock! old style.
6. maybe not Koreans hate me.
7. Christianity is
8. Presbyterian Church isn't like the religious backbone of the nation and Andrew Jackson indian killer anymore, you know, frowny face.

9. Confucianism places men as the exclusive public official over women which just Does Not Fit sorry.
10. blank
11. Bring Back My Bonnie to Me
12. The Korean Presbyterian Haneunim/Hananim for God. The Reformation emphasis God is not in Roman hands in Rome but among their feudal lands.

Hey, happy to hear from you.

I won't tell you that is dumb, because I'm a nice guy, but don't be surprised is someone else does.

Forum List

Back