LeBron vs. Art Modell

What would have been enough?

Treating his home town fans with respect instead of playing on their hopes and emotions to build national anticipation/ratings for his TV show would've been nice.

He chose to be an ass.

So. Clevelanites are not pro choice and definitely not for free will, they wanted LaBron to be their slave for life. Well, here's my take. If he can do better in Florida and pay less taxes more power to him. And I know darn well the better weather is a plus. You guys will get over it.

So unless he played in Cleveland throughout his career, it wasn't enough? Give me a break. Why the hell would anyone want to play for Cleveland, if this is how the fans treat the players?

It wasn't just that he left. It's the way he left. Fucking despicable.

What was he supposed to do? Pass out ice cream cones and pat fans on the head? People need to grow the fuck up and realize it is you who is disrespectful for collectively trying to control the man's life. He doesn't owe Ohio a fucking thing and fans should be grateful he stayed with the Cavs for seven years. No. All you whiners can do is moan like leetle bitches.

So unless he played in Cleveland throughout his career, it wasn't enough? Give me a break. Why the hell would anyone want to play for Cleveland, if this is how the fans treat the players?

The point being that we showed him loyalty during his career, and now at the first chance he can he drops us.

Yeah. Cause in his 7 year nba career no team other than the Cavs wanted him.

The point being that we showed him loyalty during his career, and now at the first chance he can he drops us.

He's been here for seven years. What would have been enough? And why does he owe Cleveland?

We showed him loyalty, we wanted him to show us some.

Horseshit. You only cared about him because you thought he was the ticket to the first ever Cavalier NBA championship.

What would have been enough?

Treating his home town fans with respect instead of playing on their hopes and emotions to build national anticipation/ratings for his TV show would've been nice.

He chose to be an ass.

So. Clevelanites are not pro choice and definitely not for free will, they wanted LaBron to be their slave for life.

That's clearly what I said.

Here's a tip: if you're going to completely distort someone's post, it works better if you don't quote it. Dipshit.

He chose to be an ass.

So. Clevelanites are not pro choice and definitely not for free will, they wanted LaBron to be their slave for life.

That's clearly what I said.

Here's a tip: if you're going to completely distort someone's post, it works better if you don't quote it. Dipshit.

So what should he have done?

Since it seems fairly clear he, Wade, and Bosh decided to team up somewhere (maybe even in Miami) weeks ago, he should have:

1) Not publicly said Cleveland has the edge in retaining him when, looking back, that was obviously not true.
2) Not floated the rumor last week he was trying to recruit Bosh to the Cavs (which included wearing a Bosh Cavs jersey during his pick-up games). Obviously not true and just meant to build suspense.
3) Not had teams--including the Cavs--come to Cleveland to grovel at his feet for the honor of signing him.
4) Put out a press release/done a press conference a week or so ago thanking the Cavs and the city of Cleveland for 7 great years but announcing he was going to Miami
5) Not built this up into an unprecedented hour-long TV special whose only effect was to insult and hurt the home town fans he chose to string along for days and weeks
6) Not had one of his minions inform the Cavs of his decision while he was already on live TV

He's always been free to leave and, yes, he's allowed to do it any way he chooses. And he chose to do it in a profoundly disrespectful, mean-spirited, and hurtful way to home town fans who had worshiped him for more than 7 years (his domination of northeastern Ohio basketball attention began while he was still in high school). Like I said, he chose to be an ass. And before some dipshit misinterprets me, I think he made the right choice in leaving. If that's the way he felt about his town, team, and fans (and I suppose we had hints of that in the Cavs-Celtics series this year), good riddance.

Last edited:
So basically, boo-hoo fucking hoo. You don't like how he marketed himself and are pissed you couldn't control how he left. He doesn't owe you or any other fans dick squat. If you guys are dumb enough to still buy into the "loyalty" hype then you deserve to get pimped.

Given his history with the media and the reaction I'd say he made the best choice.

Let's also be realistic about something else: the fans didn't do a fucking thing for him. It was his talent, skill, and hard work that brought the Cavs back from the dead. I bet 75% of the people bitching about him can't name ten other Cav players and their positions.

He chose to be an ass.

Agreed. This could of gone without the huge spectacle. I figured he would of probably went back to Cleveland considering he was going through all this. I have a feeling the tickets to the first Miami vs Cleveland game in Cleveland will be sold very quickly. If the NBA is smart, they'll schedule a game or two there.

He chose to be an ass.

Agreed. This could of gone without the huge spectacle. I figured he would of probably went back to Cleveland considering he was going through all this. I have a feeling the tickets to the first Miami vs Cleveland game in Cleveland will be sold very quickly. If the NBA is smart, they'll schedule a game or two there.

I would love to be at that first Cleveland-Miami game in Cleveland.

He chose to be an ass.

You may have more time to plan it if you didn't waste time with stoopid troofer rep comments you fucking whiny useless ****.

You may have more time to plan it if you didn't waste time with stoopid troofer rep comments you fucking whiny useless ****.

I just wanted to see you say "stoopid" again.

He chose to be an ass.

I just wanted to see you say "stoopid" again.

You see "stoopid" every time you look in the mirror or read your own posts so why wait for me?

***** like you are a joke because you don't like what others post yet you aren't smart enough to actually respond so yoy think you accomplish something with the dumbass rep button. All you do is inadvertently admit you're having a bitchy temper tantrum and you're frustrated but too immature to address and own it.

The left has been in a lather all day about his choice. Not being a really big sports fan I can't figure out why? Why can't the guy choose where he wants to play and for whom without all the flak?

Did you seriously just try to make Lebron leaving Cleveland into a partisan politics issue?

WTF is WRONG with you?

The left has been in a lather all day about his choice. Not being a really big sports fan I can't figure out why? Why can't the guy choose where he wants to play and for whom without all the flak?

Did you seriously just try to make Lebron leaving Cleveland into a partisan politics issue?

WTF is WRONG with you?

Lebron just wants to play in the states that Bush "stole". :lol::lol::lol:

WTF is WRONG with you?

Lebron just wants to play in the states that Bush "stole". :lol::lol::lol:

Aww fuck now you've done it.

TM will now be attracted to this thread like a moth to a light.

Forum List

Back