Leaked Cable: McCain Promised Qaddafi To Help Secure Military Equipment From U.S.

This is not the point. It's not about whether he was an ally, or if we were going to sell him weapons, or any of that other bullshit.

This is about McCain's actions versus his recent words.

lmao....and what about obama's actions and his recent words? you completely ignore that obama just met with gaddafi RECENTLY. did obama condemn mccain for going over there? you're deluded if you think all those senators didn't have authority or at a minimum, tacit approval from obama.

you're partisan blinders are strong.

Aren't those photos from the U.N. meeting in NY? That's not "Obama meeting with Gaddafi". That's "Obama passing Gaddafi in the room, and greeting him, as any host President would".

Big difference. Maybe you can show when Obama traveled to Tripoli to visit with Gaddafi?

But the question is: Why would McCain go to Tripoli and promise weapons to someone who "has American blood on his hands"?:

McCain struck a distinctly different tone this week, telling Fox’s Greta van Susteren that “he [Muammar Qadhafi] has the blood of Americans on his hands as a result of Pan Am 103. He is a person who over time would — if he were able to succeed — would clearly train terrorists and export terrorism.”

again, pay attention. mccain had obama's approval. mccain cannot promise arms to another country without the CIC's approval.

do you even have the slightest clue how our government works?

I wonder what the other Republicans have done? Leaking this about McCain must have them quaking in their boots.

I wonder what the other Republicans have done? Leaking this about McCain must have them quaking in their boots.

:cuckoo:

The Bush administration let Bin Laden go. Last I heard, it was a Republican administration.

really, they let him go? i suppose you're also willing to say clinton let him go....right? and i suppose you're willing to say obama let him go for over 2 years....right?

so? the thread calls out ONLY mccain et al, fails to mention obama at all, you know, the president

Gaddafi.jpg

The Libya leader Muammar Gaddafi who is also the current President of the African Union met Thursday night with United States President Barack Obama.

Both leaders shook hands and exchanged words of greetings.
This is the first time that the Leader Muammar Gaddafi to meet a US president for the last 39 years. [...]

Later, both sat at the same dining table for dinner hosted by Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi whose country is hosting the annual Group of Eight (G8).

Read more: Maddow Scolds McCain for Meeting Gaddafi in 2009, Ignores Obama Meeting Him Month Prior | NewsBusters.org
This is not the point. It's not about whether he was an ally, or if we were going to sell him weapons, or any of that other bullshit.

And McCain was acting under the orders of the President (Obama) at that time.
Link?

lmao....and what about obama's actions and his recent words? you completely ignore that obama just met with gaddafi RECENTLY. did obama condemn mccain for going over there? you're deluded if you think all those senators didn't have authority or at a minimum, tacit approval from obama.

you're partisan blinders are strong.

Aren't those photos from the U.N. meeting in NY? That's not "Obama meeting with Gaddafi". That's "Obama passing Gaddafi in the room, and greeting him, as any host President would".

Big difference. Maybe you can show when Obama traveled to Tripoli to visit with Gaddafi?

But the question is: Why would McCain go to Tripoli and promise weapons to someone who "has American blood on his hands"?:

McCain struck a distinctly different tone this week, telling Fox’s Greta van Susteren that “he [Muammar Qadhafi] has the blood of Americans on his hands as a result of Pan Am 103. He is a person who over time would — if he were able to succeed — would clearly train terrorists and export terrorism.”

again, pay attention. mccain had obama's approval. mccain cannot promise arms to another country without the CIC's approval.

You know, when you make these moronic statements, you invite people to pull out old stories of Pelosi, Kerry, etc. traveling overseas, making statements and promises, and then having to defend your position that Bush sent them, or that he OK'd their statements.

You don't want that! :lol:

You know, when you make these moronic statements, you invite people to pull out old stories of Pelosi, Kerry, etc. traveling overseas, making statements and promises, and then having to defend your position that Bush sent them, or that he OK'd their statements.

You're right. For instance, Senator Kerry did not have presidential approval to travel to Paris to meet with representatives of Hanoi to rubber-stamp their terms for a US surrender in Vietnam.

Link?

Please...

Do official delegations typically NOT have presidential approval?

McCain says Congress backs expanding Libya ties: report | Reuters
McCain, heading a four-member Congressional delegation, held talks with Gaddafi's son Mouatassim, the powerful national security adviser, before meeting Gaddafi himself.

You're right. For instance, Senator Kerry did not have presidential approval to travel to Paris to meet with representatives of Hanoi to rubber-stamp their terms for a US surrender in Vietnam.
As usual, you get it wrong, since Kerry was not in a position of power at the time.

I do not understand why Kerry intimidates your kind so easily. He's hardly radical.

Link?

Please...

McCain, heading a four-member Congressional delegation, held talks with Gaddafi's son Mouatassim, the powerful national security adviser, before meeting Gaddafi himself.

Come back when you acquire a bit of knowledge.

White House anger over Syria trip

The speaker of the US House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, is to visit Syria early next week despite objections by the White House.

Ms Pelosi will lead a delegation from US Congress for talks with officials.

She will be the most senior member of Congress to visit Syria since relations between the two countries soured.

Washington withdrew its ambassador to Damascus two years ago after the murder of former Lebanese PM Rafik Hariri, in which Syria denies any involvement.

*snip*

President Bush has consistently refused to engage with Syria. On Friday, the White House denounced Ms Pelosi's plan, calling it "a really bad idea".

Spokeswoman Dana Perino said the House speaker "should take a step back and think about the message that it sends".

Idiot.

Please...

The speaker of the US House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, is to visit Syria early next week despite objections by the White House.

She will be the most senior member of Congress to visit Syria since relations between the two countries soured.

Washington withdrew its ambassador to Damascus two years ago after the murder of former Lebanese PM Rafik Hariri, in which Syria denies any involvement.

*snip*

President Bush has consistently refused to engage with Syria. On Friday, the White House denounced Ms Pelosi's plan, calling it "a really bad idea".

Spokeswoman Dana Perino said the House speaker "should take a step back and think about the message that it sends".

Idiot.

show me the same thing for the McCain trip, anal wart.

lieberman-mccain-graham1.jpg

By Ali Gharib on Aug 24, 2011 at 11:30 am

For all the braying by the Senate’s top three hawks about how the U.S. wasn’t doing enough to oust Libyan dictator Col. Muammar Qaddafi from power, one might be surprised to learn that exactly two years ago, Sens. John McCain (R-AZ), Joe Lieberman (I-CT) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) were in Tripoli meeting with the erratic leader and giving him assurances that relations between the nations were on the mend.

More: Leaked Cable: McCain Promised Qaddafi To Help Secure Military Equipment From U.S. | ThinkProgress

So ?

Please...

*snip*

Idiot.

No moving the goalposts.

YOU SAID that Congressional trips like McCain and Graham went on in Tripoli are approved by the White House.

I just proved you wrong.

Man up. Then I'll address whatever point you wish to make.

As usual, you get it wrong, since Kerry was not in a position of power at the time.
You're right. I thought he was a Senator at the time. But he was a Naval reservist, and did not have the authority to meet with our nation's enemies and endorse their terms for a US surrender.
I do not understand why Kerry intimidates your kind so easily. He's hardly radical.
He doesn't intimidate anyone. That's disgust.

You're right. I thought he was a Senator at the time. But he was a Naval reservist, and did not have the authority to meet with our nation's enemies and endorse their terms for a US surrender.

Correct. So why are you using him as a red herring?

Or is it just another case of the buck not stopping at the top when it's a Republican president?

Or is it just another case of the buck not stopping at the top when it's a Republican president?
I made a mistake, you idiot.

The difference between us is I can admit it.

*snip*

Idiot.

No moving the goalposts.

YOU SAID that Congressional trips like McCain and Graham went on in Tripoli are approved by the White House.

I just proved you wrong.

Man up. Then I'll address whatever point you wish to make.

You proved only that your reading comprehension skills suck.

My exact words...

Pelosi obviously did not, as your exampled plainly showed.

I asked for the same for the McCain trip, showing it was not approved. Unless you can prove it was not, common sense would indicate it was approved. Even a brain as small as yours should be able to follow that path.

I made a mistake, you idiot.

The difference between us is I can admit it.
Then you do not believe that Kerry had anything to do with negotiating a truce, ending of the Vietnam War.

That's good.

Forum List

Back