Leaked Cable: McCain Promised Qaddafi To Help Secure Military Equipment From U.S.

Hmm and Obama is letting drug cartels in Mexico buy our guns that killed an ICE guy and also slaughtered how many of innocent mexicans??

Funny.

President Barack Obama was intimately involved with operations that sought, found and killed Osama bin Laden and you guys are like "He just said yes and had nuttin' to do with it".

However..President Barack Obama knew nothing about this gun deal and somehow it was him..on his lonesome..that sold them to drug cartels.

You guys are rich.:lol:

By your own reasoning;

Since big 0 gets the credit for OBL, he should then get the credit for the murder of an ICE agent.

I love how the leftie mouth breathers are all up in arms about this meeting with Q-Daffy...

which took place while Obama was President.

They want Obama to get the credit for OBL, but not this meeting.

Hypocrite much, folks???

lieberman-mccain-graham1.jpg

By Ali Gharib on Aug 24, 2011 at 11:30 am

For all the braying by the Senate’s top three hawks about how the U.S. wasn’t doing enough to oust Libyan dictator Col. Muammar Qaddafi from power, one might be surprised to learn that exactly two years ago, Sens. John McCain (R-AZ), Joe Lieberman (I-CT) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) were in Tripoli meeting with the erratic leader and giving him assurances that relations between the nations were on the mend.

More: Leaked Cable: McCain Promised Qaddafi To Help Secure Military Equipment From U.S. | ThinkProgress

It was very simple. Keep good relation with Gaddiff, so that Libya wouldn't be a terrorist base for Al Qaeda, Libya wouldn't seek WMDs, keep the oil flowing and for ONCE have a stable country and government in Africa! I mean Gaddiff had been in power for decades, it didn't appear like he was going anywhere!

It was only a few years ago that the warmonger Right was trying to claim credit for the Iraq war causing Khadaffi to become our pal.

I think McCain is more than ready for a permanent stint at the old people's home.

It was only a few years ago that the warmonger Right was trying to claim credit for the Iraq war causing Khadaffi to become our pal.

I think McCain is more than ready for a permanent stint at the old people's home.

yet another idiot who didn't bother to read the leaked cable you're all whining like little bitches about. Color me surprised.

Hmm and Obama is letting drug cartels in Mexico buy our guns that killed an ICE guy and also slaughtered how many of innocent mexicans??

Funny.

President Barack Obama was intimately involved with operations that sought, found and killed Osama bin Laden and you guys are like "He just said yes and had nuttin' to do with it".

However..President Barack Obama knew nothing about this gun deal and somehow it was him..on his lonesome..that sold them to drug cartels.

So you've got ATF selling guns to drug cartels and neither Eric Holder nor the President knows anything about it? I guess they were both out playing golf when that briefing was held? Does this guy EVER take responsibility for the things that happen on his watch? Oh, wait...he does when they work out well...like Bin Laden. Then he's "intimately involved". But if it blows up like the ATF fiasco...then he knows nothing about it.

Funny.

And then they go back to "He had nothing to do with it" when the FCC (which is an Executive Branch entity) makes sure the Fairness Doctrine (which the Righties HATE) goes away.

You'd think they'd get dizzy from all the spinning.

But then again....Lovebears is probably a little stressed out by the leaning Washington Monument that might fall when the hurricane hits. :eusa_whistle:

Leaked cable: Sen. McCain promised to help Gaddafi obtain U.S. military hardware

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) promised to help former Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi obtain U.S. military hardware, as one of the United States' partners in the war on terror, according to a U.S. diplomatic cable released Wednesday by anti-secrecy website WikiLeaks.

The meeting, which took place just over a year ago on Aug. 14, 2009, included other influential Americans, such as Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT), Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Sen. Susan Collins (R-SC) and Senate Armed Services Committee staffer Richard Fontaine, the document explains.

McCain opened the meeting by characterizing Libya's relationship with the U.S. as "excellent," to which Liebermann added: "We never would have guessed ten years ago that we would be sitting in Tripoli, being welcomed by a son of Muammar al-Qadhafi."

"Lieberman called Libya an important ally in the war on terrorism, noting that common enemies sometimes make better friends," the cable continues. "The Senators recognized Libya's cooperation on counterterrorism and conveyed that it was in the interest of both countries to make the relationship stronger."

Part and parcel to that relationship: military hardware, including helicopters and non-lethal weaponry, meant to ensure the security of Tripoli. In exchange for this and assisting the nation in rehabilitating its image with other lawmakers, Gaddafi pledged to send Libya's highly enriched uranium supplies to Russia for proper disposal.

The cable does not mention anything about the senators pressing Gaddafi for democratic reforms.

FDR colluded with Churchill to cede off eastern europe to stalin. I just can't imagine how those three, fdr, stalin, churchill, managed to stay in office for so long.

And there we have it.

Nations will ally with the DEVIL if it suits their immediate concerns.

Nations are NOT moral organizations.

History shows us example after example of nations as Amoral organizations.

Mankind is flawed. Governments should strive for good morals. Unfortunately, the paths they pave seem to all lead to hell.

Show me a nation that strove to be moral and I will show you a FORMER nation.

McCain is often irrational but give him a break on this one. The US makes a lot of promises to crazy dictators from time to time. You can't compare today's situation in Libya to the relatively benign relationship in 2009.

McCain is often irrational but give him a break on this one. The US makes a lot of promises to crazy dictators from time to time. You can't compare today's situation in Libya to the relatively benign relationship in 2009.
McCain even bowed to Gaddafi.

He's gone off the deep end, however. His rant about how the Libyan conflict should have been over sooner the other day, was truly embarrassing to watch. To think I used to respect the guy!!!

assuming the cable is valid...do you have proof mccain did this without obama's approval? i find it hard to believe all these people just unilaterally went there without the president's approval.

Forum List

Back