Leader of Cowboy Clown Posse gets 68 years in prison. aka: Gregory Burleson, Arizona militia!

Baz Ares

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2017
8956779_web1_0215-bundy-trial.jpg

Gregory Burleson, a member of Arizona militia groups who participated in the 2014 armed standoff in Bunkerville, was sentenced Wednesday to more than 68 years in federal prison.

Burleson, 53, was photographed with a long gun during the standoff, moving around the sandy wash where federal agents were headquartered. The Bureau of Land Management was in Bunkerville to carry out a court order to round up rancher Cliven Bundy’s cattle from public lands. The operation was unsuccessful after hundreds of protesters, many armed, descended on the small rancher town in southwest Nevada.

Burleson:“Yes, I was down in the wash. I went down there with the intention to see what was going on,” Burleson said during his sentencing hearing Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas.”I did not go down there with the intention of assaulting or killing anyone.”

The sentence she imposed of 68 years and three months was markedly lower than the 87 years prosecutors had requested.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Nicholas Dickinson said Burleson failed to show any remorse for his actions in Bunkerville, and that he came to the town with a small arsenal of weapons, knives, and swords. Dickinson urged the judge to impose a harsh sentence to deter copy-cat offenders.

“It’s not going to change everyone’s mind, but they’re going to think twice about doing that because they’re going to know there are consequences to those actions,” he said.

Bundy supporter Burleson sentenced to 68 years in prison

:) Guess the jury said BS, as they were anti-guns. Guns DO put the right people in JAIL: Where they belong. ENJOY the 50 years of HARD Times with BIG BUBBA!:D Let's see how the Coward deals with people with guns.

Who was harmed by his actions?

Essentially a life sentence, raising 8th Amendment questions. I trust his attorneys are appealing.

8956779_web1_0215-bundy-trial.jpg

Gregory Burleson, a member of Arizona militia groups who participated in the 2014 armed standoff in Bunkerville, was sentenced Wednesday to more than 68 years in federal prison.

Burleson, 53, was photographed with a long gun during the standoff, moving around the sandy wash where federal agents were headquartered. The Bureau of Land Management was in Bunkerville to carry out a court order to round up rancher Cliven Bundy’s cattle from public lands. The operation was unsuccessful after hundreds of protesters, many armed, descended on the small rancher town in southwest Nevada.

Burleson:“Yes, I was down in the wash. I went down there with the intention to see what was going on,” Burleson said during his sentencing hearing Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas.”I did not go down there with the intention of assaulting or killing anyone.”

The sentence she imposed of 68 years and three months was markedly lower than the 87 years prosecutors had requested.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Nicholas Dickinson said Burleson failed to show any remorse for his actions in Bunkerville, and that he came to the town with a small arsenal of weapons, knives, and swords. Dickinson urged the judge to impose a harsh sentence to deter copy-cat offenders.

“It’s not going to change everyone’s mind, but they’re going to think twice about doing that because they’re going to know there are consequences to those actions,” he said.

:) Guess the jury said BS, as they were anti-guns. Guns DO put the right people in JAIL: Where they belong. ENJOY the 50 years of HARD Times with BIG BUBBA!:D Let's see how the Coward deals with people with guns.

What was his crime? Exercising his 1st and 2nd amendment rights?

OJ is free.

Well, it has been ni99er privilege for a while now.

Amazingly enough the snipers working for the militarized Dept of the Interior / Bureau of Land management who pointed their rifles at the heads of rancher's daughters and wives did not even receive a stern verbal reprimand. Luckily it did not turn into another 'Ruby Ridge' or Waco'.

I wonder if Harry Reid's projected he wanted that public land for, which is the reason the ranchers and cattle really had to be cleared out, happened so Harry could make more money....

• Banned

Essentially a life sentence, raising 8th Amendment questions. I trust his attorneys are appealing.

Did this guy actually fire a weapon at anyone?

Trying reading the full report..

After the standoff, Burleson, posted incendiary, anti-government messages to his Facebook page.

“I was hell bent on killing federal agents that had turned their back on we the people,” he told an undercover FBI agent who posed as a documentary filmmaker in order to interview him. During the sentencing hearing, Burleson, a Phoenix resident, acknowledged some of his previous errors.

“Yes, I said a lot of crazy things. I’m ashamed of them actually,” he said to U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro. “Looking back at them, it’s like, ‘wow, obviously I shouldn’t drink.’”

Last edited:

Did this guy actually fire a weapon at anyone?

Gregory Burleson,

Try reading the full report.

“Yes, I was down in the wash. I went down there with the intention to see what was going on,” Burleson said during his sentencing hearing Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas.”I did not go down there with the intention of assaulting or killing anyone.”

After the standoff, Burleson, posted incendiary, anti-government messages to his Facebook page.

“I was hell bent on killing federal agents that had turned their back on we the people,” he told an undercover FBI agent who posed as a documentary filmmaker in order to interview him. During the sentencing hearing, Burleson, a Phoenix resident, acknowledged some of his previous errors.

“Yes, I said a lot of crazy things. I’m ashamed of them actually,” he said to U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro. “Looking back at them, it’s like, ‘wow, obviously I shouldn’t drink.’”

He was convicted of threatening and assaulting a federal officer, carrying a weapon in a crime of violence, obstruction and traveling across state lines in aid of extortion.

Ok. What was the crime of violence?

Just a guess here, but probably the whole "threatening and assaulting a federal officer" part.

He was convicted of threatening and assaulting a federal officer, carrying a weapon in a crime of violence, obstruction and traveling across state lines in aid of extortion.

Just a guess here, but probably the whole "threatening and assaulting a federal officer" part.

Oh. So did he use his rifle like a bat and strike somebody? Where was the violence?

Oh. So did he use his rifle like a bat and strike somebody? Where was the violence?

You understand that a threat of violence is itself a "violent" act, right?

As for any other questions you have, I'll have to refer you to the courts decision.

Nope, as we all know. Try again.

These are good retaining lessons! For the Cowardly un-Armed Cowboy. Hahaha! Can you send it to him in support?

"If a mutha fucka wanna bust ya cheekz, ya bust they mutha fuckin head" - Big Herc. Words of wisdom

:itsok:Yep Great! These cowboys are pussies. So, he earned his new lifestyle as owned meat. Enjoy, remeber you want to not eat the butter, but pocket them. You'll find out soonest.

These are good retaining lessons! For the Cowardly un-Armed Cowboy. Hahaha! Can you send it to him in support?

"If a mutha fucka wanna bust ya cheekz, ya bust they mutha fuckin head" - Big Herc. Words of wisdom

:itsok:Yep Great! These cowboys are pussies. So, he earned his new lifestyle as owned meat. Enjoy, remeber you want to not eat the butter, but pocket them. You'll find out soonest.

Bedwetter, if you don't know the answer, just say you don't know.

Bedwetter, if you don't know the answer, just say you don't know.

I did, Said "Nope"!
Do you now want me to explain that word?

Forum List

Back