Laws for the Lowest Common Denominator

I personally don't believe guns are the problem. The people that use them are the problem.

We have exams for people who want to drive cars and fly planes, which are equally as dangerous as guns....and yet guys like this are afforded easy access to everything they need to do what they did. Why is that?

Why is America able to track anyone on the face of the earth who we view as a threat to our security as a nation, and yet we can't even develop a system to prevent or if that fails, track mentally unstable people.

Taking away guns is not the answer. Taking away the ease by which guys like Lanza obtain these guns is what needs to happen.

As I understand it, Lanza stole the guns from his mother... so what you're proposing wouldn't have prevented him from shooting up the school...

Your point falls directly in line with the last sentence of my post. When I'm referring to the ease at which guns can be obtained, I'm not just talking about the gun laws.

As a gun owner, the responsibility for securing those guns fell on his mother. Her death in and of itself is tragic, but had she done more to secure the guns from her son, it may well would've prevented him from doing what he did, since no one was going to legally sell him guns at his age. This still leaves the chance of him obtaining them illegally, but its hard to say how successful he may have been with that.

I personally don't believe guns are the problem. The people that use them are the problem.

We have exams for people who want to drive cars and fly planes, which are equally as dangerous as guns....and yet guys like this are afforded easy access to everything they need to do what they did. Why is that?

Why is America able to track anyone on the face of the earth who we view as a threat to our security as a nation, and yet we can't even develop a system to prevent or if that fails, track mentally unstable people.

Taking away guns is not the answer. Taking away the ease by which guys like Lanza obtain these guns is what needs to happen.

As I understand it, Lanza stole the guns from his mother... so what you're proposing wouldn't have prevented him from shooting up the school...

Your point falls directly in line with the last sentence of my post. When I'm referring to the ease at which guns can be obtained, I'm not just talking about the gun laws.

As a gun owner, the responsibility for securing those guns fell on his mother. Her death in and of itself is tragic, but had she done more to secure the guns from her son, it may well would've prevented him from doing what he did, since no one was going to legally sell him guns at his age. This still leaves the chance of him obtaining them illegally, but its hard to say how successful he may have been with that.

I fully agree that gun owners should be held liable and legally responsible if and when, by their negligence, they allow their weapons to fall into the hands of persons who then use those weapons for any sort of illegal mayhem...

eta: I suspect if such a liability provision had been in place in Connecticut, and/or if this guy's mother had been slightly more prudent about storing her guns, she'd still be alive today... as well as all those kids... :-(

Last edited:
Regulate every person to see if they are crazy?
How does that work?
Hey you crazy, No, ok heres your AR-15

Look, I have a son who is high functioning autistic. He's a good guy, gets good grades and does'nt hurt any one. Cant say the same for the people who do not have a disorder. Plenty of them to rob him, ditch him, beat him, hell, he even had his hair set on fire. Cops only arrested the kid after I insisted.

School wont help because he gets good grades, but, they know how to punish him for policy violations that come right from his disorder. Insurance wont help because they dismiss the diagnosis from a 25 year nuerophsycologist which I ended up paying three grand out of pocket for the intense testing.

Yeah, by now he is getting pretty pissed off about how he gets treated by people.

Dude, you have no idea what it is like to have a GREAT Guy for a kid who is so misunderstood and so demeaned and wants to be loved and accepted and no help or protection beyond his mother and I. No one protects him...but your right to protect yourself by bearing assault weapons comes first?

When you say go after the crazy people who are made more crazy by how they are treated by a society of so called non crazy people and then suggest there cant be some gun regulations when there could be.....your crazy.

How does that work?

Look, I have a son who is high functioning autistic. He's a good guy, gets good grades and does'nt hurt any one. Cant say the same for the people who do not have a disorder. Plenty of them to rob him, ditch him, beat him, hell, he even had his hair set on fire. Cops only arrested the kid after I insisted.

School wont help because he gets good grades, but, they know how to punish him for policy violations that come right from his disorder. Insurance wont help because they dismiss the diagnosis from a 25 year nuerophsycologist which I ended up paying three grand out of pocket for the intense testing.

Yeah, by now he is getting pretty pissed off about how he gets treated by people.

Dude, you have no idea what it is like to have a GREAT Guy for a kid who is so misunderstood and so demeaned and wants to be loved and accepted and no help or protection beyond his mother and I. No one protects him...but your right to protect yourself by bearing assault weapons comes first?

When you say go after the crazy people who are made more crazy by how they are treated by a society of so called non crazy people and then suggest there cant be some gun regulations when there could be.....your crazy.

I'm 60 years old... I've recently been told by someone who knows about such stuff that I'm what is called a "high-functioning autistic"...

grade school and high school were a bitch for me...

things did get better for me later...

so, yeah... I do have an idea of what you're talking about...

20 dead kids today, how many next time? Do we need a society flooded with firearms? Does your right to be armed as if you were going to war supercede the right of my child to live?

Everytime we have an outrage like this, the immediate reaction of the gun nuts is to cry for more guns. Well, we have more and more guns, and more and more outrages like this occuring now.

can you show us a post where some "gun nut" is crying for more guns?

How does that work?

I find this post interesting.

autism is a disorder.

No one can tell you what it is what causes it, how to cure it.

What do you expect the school to do?

What policy does your child violate?

How does that work?

I find this post interesting.

autism is a disorder.

No one can tell you what it is what causes it, how to cure it.

What do you expect the school to do?

What policy does your child violate?

lol... this whole discussion brings back memories of the crap I went through when I was a kid...

as I said in a previous post, a knowledgeable person recently told me that I'm a "high-functioning autistic"...

I've also been told by others that I'm dyslexic and ADD...

'course, back when I was little and then in high school, I was told that I was simply a lazy white boy...

and my most vivid memories from back then is my mom and dad and the school administrators repeatedly, ad nausium, giving me the "big talk" about how "we know you can do better"... :-(

People are screaming for more gun control laws. Why?
There are at least 80 million gun owners in America with a estimated total of 258 million guns but there are many people here that would take these legal guns from these people who have committed no crime. Why because a lone mentally deficient person went crazy. Do these people even care why this mental midget went off the deep end?
No, they are more concerned about removing all legal guns from people who have committed no crime. They want to write laws based on the lowest common denominator,
They figure that even if only one mentally deficient person goes berserk that is reason enough to ban all weapons from all people regardless.
Honestly, these people that want to punish the masses are scarier than the mental midget with the gun.

For those of you that are interested there are some great facts here: GUN CONTROL FACT-SHEET (2004) - Gun Owners of America

No dishit, we want to take the guns away from dangerous people and mental midgets like you.

The rest of the responsible gun owners are a non-issue.

No dishit, we want to take the guns away from dangerous people and mental midgets like you.

The rest of the responsible gun owners are a non-issue.

We are in so much trouble if we let people like you define "responsible gun owner"
Bottom line is your paranoia does not trump my rights.

I would invite any anti gun regulation supporter to provide historical data on the number of times and incidents in 280 years where the government of the United States turned their weapons on their citizenry. There will of course be Ruby Ridge, perhaps Waco and of course Kent State and perhaps a few other law enforcement operations gone wrong.

But the government has no record of shooting up kindagartners.

King George? Man oh man...you really have to stretch that issue to connect with this problem.

Riot history in the USA shows enough cause.

Take your kid out of public school and put him in a school where the teachers are trained and armed. The voucher system is building steam.

The truth is you cannot keep the guns out of the hands of the crazies who have not been identified as such. These atrosities are not being committed by legal gun toting Americans with the safety of their families on their mind. Can't you see that the media grabs these headlines and tosses them into the minds of the simple majority? And each newspeak with its own agenda? Ask youself, has this happened in your town? Ask yourself, have you seen this happen or has anyone you know seen this happen? Obviously these are rare occurances that splash across headlines to help propell the worthlessness of common news media.
Yes this was a travesty, and yes I would make sure this guy dies even if he gets let off by the courts if my child had been one of his victims. But this is not something that will change the Bill of Rights. And this, as usual, has been blown up by the media just so they can sell advertizing pages or TV space. If they would stop making heros out of demented subjects I'm sure that this would deminish. But they say this is all in the cause of free speech...that is a bunch of horseshit. And we all kinow it.
The bottom line for me tonight...how do you separate mental instibity from weapons? You can not legislate that. Also how can you prevent the media from overblowing the amount of anomalies that are accuring recently? Can't. They will just remain the whores that they are.

That is exactally why it is working. The Fed know we have the firepower and we will shoot back. You proved it to yourself.

Last edited:
People are screaming for more gun control laws. Why?

The tidal wave of real Americans and parents who love their children is about to wash the pond scum like you away.

Why?

Because in America, we protect our children. If you don't get that, get the fuck out, terrorist pig.

I fully agree that gun owners should be held liable and legally responsible if and when, by their negligence, they allow their weapons to fall into the hands of persons who then use those weapons for any sort of illegal mayhem...

eta: I suspect if such a liability provision had been in place in Connecticut, and/or if this guy's mother had been slightly more prudent about storing her guns, she'd still be alive today... as well as all those kids... :-(

I doubt that about the mother.....Chances are he was going to kill her no mater what and he didnt need a gun to do that.

The progressives are going to shoot for two things when they try and exploit this tragedy.

1. Tougher gun laws .
2. Mandatory screening for mental health.

Which one of these sound like freedom to you?

Forum List

Back