Lawmaker charged with pocketing Hurricane Sandy aid

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
636511124778777320-010918pamela-harris-nyc.jpg

Does anyone beside me notice something about the subject of this investigation beside me? Sheila Jackson? Maxine Waters? And so on?

ALBANY, N.Y. — A New York state lawmaker was accused of pocketing tens of thousands of dollars meant for Superstorm Sandy victims in an 11-count felony indictment unveiled Tuesday.

Assemblywoman Pamela Harris, a Brooklyn Democrat, was arraigned Tuesday afternoon in Brooklyn federal court, where she faced fraud, conspiracy, witness tampering, false statement and obstruction of justice charges.

Federal prosecutors accused Harris of four separate fraudulent schemes, including two separate plans to pocket Hurricane Sandy money by falsely claiming the 2012 storm forced her from her Brooklyn home and into a Staten Island residence, according to the indictment.

It doesn't seem to matter where in the country they come from.

Story @ Lawmaker charged with pocketing Hurricane Sandy aid

Does anyone beside me notice something about the subject of this investigation beside me? Sheila Jackson? Maxine Waters? And so on?

ALBANY, N.Y. — A New York state lawmaker was accused of pocketing tens of thousands of dollars meant for Superstorm Sandy victims in an 11-count felony indictment unveiled Tuesday.

Assemblywoman Pamela Harris, a Brooklyn Democrat, was arraigned Tuesday afternoon in Brooklyn federal court, where she faced fraud, conspiracy, witness tampering, false statement and obstruction of justice charges.

Federal prosecutors accused Harris of four separate fraudulent schemes, including two separate plans to pocket Hurricane Sandy money by falsely claiming the 2012 storm forced her from her Brooklyn home and into a Staten Island residence, according to the indictment.

You can take the Nigerian from the ghetto...but you can never take the ghetto from the Nigerian.

"where in the country WHO comes from"?

There are a number of documentaries regarding the money that is supposed to be spent on rebuilding the houses of those that lost them because of Sandy. There is a gigantic clusterf$%k of those people by everyone involved including politicians, builders, contractors, corporations, the federal and state governments.

They all need to be prosecuted and jailed.

And don't blink, there will be 10 times the number of criminals that will steal from the 300 billion dollars earmarked to help people that suffered through the hurricanes in Texas, Florida, and Puerto Rico. You'd expect that by now there would be such safeguards built into the spending that very little skimming could take place. But Congress in reality isn't interested in fixing this. It is just another way to funnel piles of money at 'contributors' in their states.

It is disgusting on a level not to be believed but it is happening.

I agree with Sir Isaac. This was a wide-spread fraud scheme with multiple participants.

T
It is so hard to trust that any wide distribution of government funds will be used appropriately. Shut the program down. No more federal disaster aid .

Politics, attracts the best and brightest (fraudsters).

Forum List

Back