Latest Obama/Romney Political Polls

Political Polls Matter

• Total voters
In September I came back to this thread after two months ....

WASHINGTON - With the election still four months away, President Barack Obama holds "a significant lead" over Republican challenger Mitt Romney, according to a new Pew Research Center poll released Thursday. - Obama holds ‘significant lead’ over Romney in new national poll - BostonHerald.com

then some numb nuts posted this:

and here we are...

Poll: Obama retakes lead after short-lived Romney Tampa bounce - The Hill's Ballot Box

Poll: Obama retakes lead after short-lived Romney Tampa bounce
By Meghashyam Mali - 09/02/12 07:32 AM ET

A new poll finds President Obama retaking a narrow lead over Mitt Romney, after the GOP candidate enjoyed a short-lived bump from the Republican National Convention

According to the new Reuters/Ipsos national tracking poll released Saturday, Obama holds a 44 percent to 43 edge over his GOP rival.

Romney enjoyed a bounce last week when he officially accepted his party’s nomination at the GOP convention in Tampa, Fla.

Polls are like preseason football.

yes, and there are trends that get exploited,

there is a huge industry involved here

more dante delusions of great self worth :eusa_whistle:

BBC News - Obama v Romney: US election poll tracker

Non partisan, and academically solid.

Romney 49%
Obama 47%

Just sayin'.

I'd trust polls by people who actually live here...

Usually, when I watch the BBC report on American politics, I'm amazed by how much they really don't get it.

And I noticed that when I was on the right and on the left.

And those who live in the states which will decide the outcome of the EC.

Republicans/conservatives are merely setting themselves up for a lot of grief come November by focusing on, and placing their hopes on, only National polls.

BBC News - Obama v Romney: US election poll tracker

Non partisan, and academically solid.

Romney 49%
Obama 47%

Just sayin'.

I'd trust polls by people who actually live here...

Usually, when I watch the BBC report on American politics, I'm amazed by how much they really don't get it.

And I noticed that when I was on the right and on the left.

That's because you're a twit. The BBC is a poll of polls - and those polls they use in their data are US polls... by Americans.

I'm not surprised you support Obama... you're really very, very stupid.

[

That's because you're a twit. The BBC is a poll of polls - and those polls they use in their data are US polls... by Americans.

A poll of polls, what the hell does that mean? That's got to be the most retarded thing you've said yet.

Fact is, Obama will win this thing because Romney is such a douchebag...

And most of these polls are undercounting minorities... again. It's like they never learn.

Democrats who truly believe obama has a chance are deluded. He's slid. The skid is continuing every day. There's nothing he can do about it except try to use fraud and intimidation.

Democrats who truly believe obama has a chance are deluded. He's slid. The skid is continuing every day. There's nothing he can do about it except try to use fraud and intimidation.

Meh, not really. Romney has picked up some undecideds, but we always knew he was going to do that.

Fact is, the Electoral map still favors Obama, and Romney has to win 65% of the white vote in order to make up for Obama's advantage in minority votes.

Again, projections see Obama with a sliver of a lead with regard to the popular vote, most indicating just a hair over 50 percent, which would be consistent with National polling.

But yet again, again: the presidency isn’t decided by popular vote.

Again, projections see Obama with a sliver of a lead with regard to the popular vote, most indicating just a hair over 50 percent, which would be consistent with National polling.

Gotta love it.

Romney may actually win the popular vote and lose the electoral college.

The Irony would be delicious.

Gotta love it.

:lol:

Gotta love it.

Yeah, hang your hopes on that. LOL!

[

A poll of polls, what the hell does that mean? That's got to be the most retarded thing you've said yet.

Fact is, Obama will win this thing because Romney is such a douchebag...

And most of these polls are undercounting minorities... again. It's like they never learn.

Romney's douchebaggery is more than outweighed by Obama's incompetence.

Gotta love it.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. But, I won't whine and cry like you libs did about the electoral college. :eusa_whistle:

keep it all in one place...

If the President were to lose Minnesota and gain Virginia...lose Colorado and keep Ohio while gaining NH... I need to go back to Cassidy's map

October 28, 2012
Cassidy’s Count: Can Romney Win Without Ohio?
Posted by John Cassidy

Read more Cassidy's Count: Can Romney Win Without Ohio? : The New Yorker
At the local level, some of the battlegrounds have now broken firmly in one direction or another, effectively narrowing the race to eight states: Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, Virginia, and Wisconsin. On The New Yorker’s electoral map, I am making three changes to reflect this. I am changing Michigan and Pennsylvania from leaning Obama to firm Obama, and I am changing North Carolina from leaning Romney to firm Romney. In all three of these states, the polls indicate that one of the candidates is now ahead by four points or more.

Of the remaining eight battlegrounds, I have one state leaning to Romney (Florida); four leaning to Obama (Iowa, Nevada, Ohio, and Wisconsin); and three as toss-ups (Colorado, New Hampshire, and Virginia). I considered moving Virginia to Romney’s column, but decided against it. In the past few days, two polls have shown the race tied. And both of them have come from polling organizations that tend to lean a bit to the Republicans: Gravis Marketing and Purple Strategies. For Romney to reach two hundred and seventy electoral-college votes, he simply has to carry Virginia, as well as Florida and North Carolina. The fact that the race is still so tight there will be a big concern to Boston.

In the electoral college, I still have Obama with 277 votes and Romney with 235. Assuming the G.O.P. man does win Virginia, that takes him to 248, leaving him needing another 22 votes. Thats’s where the fun starts.

cassidycount.png

Ahem........................:eusa_whistle:

If Romney were to carry the state, he would need just four more votes. Winning New Hampshire, which has exactly four votes, or any of the other battlegrounds, would put him across the line. But increasingly, it is looking like Obama will hold onto Ohio. On Friday, three new polls were published, and they all showed the President ahead. American Research Group and Purple Strategies both put his lead at two points; CNN/Opinion Research put it at four points: 50-46. Sources tell me that the two campaigns’ internal polling also have Obama ahead, with Romney’s vote seemingly stalled in the mid-to-high forties.

Last edited:

Gotta love it.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. But, I won't whine and cry like you libs did about the electoral college. :eusa_whistle:

Oh please..

If conservatives never whined about shit..half their routine would be gone.

Cause that's all you folks do; whine about shit..and insult people you don't like.

You guys don't even get war right.

All of the poll aggregators show an Obama lead (except for that kooky unskewed polls guy).

RCP O290-R248
RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map No Toss Ups

Pollster.com O277-R206
Pollster: Pictures, Videos, Breaking News

538.com O296-R241
Election Forecasts - FiveThirtyEight Blog - NYTimes.com

Princeton Election consortium O300-R238
Princeton Election Consortium — A first draft of electoral history

AP O271-R206
AP Analysis: Advantage Obama in race for electoral votes

InTrade O287 R251
2012 Electoral Map - The Intrade Forecast 10/28/2012

There are a few more, but they all say similiar things. Romney is behind, and he's the longshot now. He could win, but it's not likely.

Forum List

Back