Latest Obama/Romney Political Polls

Political Polls Matter

• Total voters
It's no secret the polls and media are in the tank for Obama, I still do not believe the polls. Romney will be closer to 60% of the vote by Nov 6.

So when Obama wins by nearly exactly the amount the polls predict, what's your excuse going to be?

No excuses..It will just show that America has a lot of stupid folks running around.

You would have to be dumb as a bag of rocks to re-elect Obama.

I would like to think, by now, most have wised up and will get it right this time around.

Gotta love it.

Romney may actually win the popular vote and lose the electoral college.

The Irony would be delicious.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. But, I won't whine and cry like you libs did about the electoral college. :eusa_whistle:

Oh please..

If conservatives never whined about shit..half their routine would be gone.

Cause that's all you folks do; whine about shit..and insult people you don't like.

You guys don't even get war right.

Dude, I just stated I wouldn't whine about the electoral college if Romney won the popular vote but lost with the elecoral college.

Get a grip you desperate hack. :D

So when Obama wins by nearly exactly the amount the polls predict, what's your excuse going to be?

No excuses..It will just show that America has a lot of stupid folks running around.

I would like to think, by now, most have wised up and will get it right this time around.

Frankly, I don't think OBama's been a great president. Not as bad as Carter or the Bushes, not as good as Clinton or Reagan.

But when you guys nominated Romney, you really didn't leave people with a choice.

Romney is more of what got us into the mess to start with.

Frankly, I don't think OBama's been a great president. Not as bad as Carter or the Bushes, not as good as Clinton or Reagan.

But when you guys nominated Romney, you really didn't leave people with a choice.

What got us into the mess to start with?

two wars of choice while cutting taxes for rich people
deregulation of banks
unregulated trading (as a result of cutting SEC funds... by the admin).

should we go on?

and more importantly.... the hijacking of congress by the radical religious right.

since bush has been gone...

no more terry schiavo type BS since bush is gone. no more million dollar payouts by government to explore "if prayer works".

stock market doubled
jobs being created instead of us bleeding 750,000 jobs a month

imagine what could have been done if the 'i hope he fails' extremists actually tried to work with the president.

deregulation of banks

should we go on?

and more importantly.... the hijacking of congress by the radical religious right.

no more terry schiavo type BS since bush is gone. no more million dollar payouts by government to explore "if prayer works".

stock market doubled

imagine what could have been done if the 'i hope he fails' extremists actually tried to work with the president.

Taxes were cut for everyone.
Banks were deregulated?
How do you figure that?

the hijacking of congress by the radical religious right.

How did that "get us into the mess to start with"?

no more million dollar payouts by government to explore "if prayer works".

You had billion dollar payouts to explore if solar works.

deregulation of banks

should we go on?

stock market doubled

Banks were deregulated?
How do you figure that?

ok.. fair enough.. although proportionately, middle class people saved maybe a couple of hundred dollars. so where do you think the bulk of cuts were? then he ran two wars on china's dime...further empowering china. he was the first leader in recorded history to cut taxes during war time.

oh.. they were just reasons why life is better now than four years ago.

so? we should have payouts to explore if solar works. i saw something that pointed out that of the money invested by the federal government into alternative energies, only 8% went bad. that's about 1/3 of the failure rate of bain capital. so that particular bit of hyperbole doesn't really impress me.

glass stiegel... that deregulation.

deregulation of banks

should we go on?

stock market doubled

Banks were deregulated?
How do you figure that?

ok.. fair enough.. although proportionately, middle class people saved maybe a couple of hundred dollars. so where do you think the bulk of cuts were? then he ran two wars on china's dime...further empowering china. he was the first leader in recorded history to cut taxes during war time.

so? we should have payouts to explore if solar works. i saw something that pointed out that of the money invested by the federal government into alternative energies, only 8% went bad. that's about 1/3 of the failure rate of bain capital. so that particular bit of hyperbole doesn't really impress me.

Bain Capital took on risky business adventures with PRIVATE money, it's what they did.
Our government took on risky business adventures with TAXPAYERS money, that isn't what they are supposed to be doing. This is where the rubber meets the road.

deregulation of banks

should we go on?

stock market doubled

Banks were deregulated?
How do you figure that?

so where do you think the bulk of cuts were?

Lot more people in the middle class.
Rich people paid a larger percentage after the cuts.

he was the first leader in recorded history to cut taxes during war time.

Reagan cut taxes during the Cold War. And despite the tax cuts and the 2 wars, the deficit dropped to $162 billion in 2007.
Obama ended the wars, why is his deficit still so much larger?

so? we should have payouts to explore if solar works.

How much did we lose on Obama's poor investment choices?

i saw something that pointed out that of the money invested by the federal government into alternative energies, only 8% went bad.

I'd like to see your source.

glass stiegel... that deregulation

You're afraid Romney will be like Clinton?
Just how do you think Glass-Steagall caused our problems?

Banks were deregulated?
How do you figure that?

Reagan cut taxes during the Cold War. And despite the tax cuts and the 2 wars, the deficit dropped to $162 billion in 2007.

i saw something that pointed out that of the money invested by the federal government into alternative energies, only 8% went bad.

You chose to ignore the Elephant in the room (pun intended)...the economic philosophy of over two decades that led up to getting rid of Glass Steagall

In a reply to a comment 'Bush was the first leader in recorded history to cut taxes during war time' you argue: "Reagan cut taxes during the cold war" :laugh2: -- Funny, everyone usually says that was peace time. There is a reason the distinction of 'cold' is added to 'war' :lol:

:thewave:

Last edited:

You chose to ignore the Elephant in the room (pun intended)...the economic philosophy of over two decades that led up to getting rid of Glass Steagall

In a reply to a comment 'Bush was the first leader in recorded history to cut taxes during war time' you argue: "Reagan cut taxes during the cold war" :laugh2: -- Funny, everyone usually says that was peace time. There is a reason the distinction of 'cold' is added to 'war' :lol:

just to add a little to that... reagan raised taxes seven times. so i don't know what my friend todd is referring to.

Banks were deregulated?
How do you figure that?

Bain Capital took on risky business adventures with PRIVATE money, it's what they did.
Our government took on risky business adventures with TAXPAYERS money, that isn't what they are supposed to be doing. This is where the rubber meets the road.

no. they took on risky business ventures with the companies' money then dumped the debt onto the companies they took over.

22% of those companies were bankrupted.
8% were totally put out of business.

somehow i don't think he should get anywhere near our money.

just to add a little to that... reagan raised taxes seven times. so i don't know what my friend todd is referring to.

I know, Reagan raised the top rate from 70% all the way up to 28%.

Darn that Clinton for getting rid of Glass-Steagall. LOL!

So how did Clinton's deregulation cause the crisis?

Be specific.

Darn that Clinton for getting rid of Glass-Steagall. LOL!

So how did Clinton's deregulation cause the crisis?

Be specific.

Clinton's deregulation didn't cause the crisis, but the role of deregulation for over 2 decades played a huge part. That and stripping regulators of their powers and staffing.

A simple search would yield you arguments that make the case...see quote block...and The Chairman of the Federal Reserve who advocated policies that set up the environment that welcomed the 2007/2008 economic crisis, actually apologized before Congress...on national television.

Clinton's economic policies played a smaller role than that of his peers (Reagan, Bush, Bush) and he gets some blame, but if want to run with the argument that President Clinton was a supply sider in bed with conservative academics and economic warriors...make it...

The repeal of Glass Steagall itself did not cause the financial crisis. However, the repeal did help make the crisis worse.

I bring this up because there has been a series of straw man articles claiming Glass Steagall was not a cause in the crisis. This misstates the impact and the broader context. The overturning of the successful 1933 legislation was part and parcel of an ideology that WAS a major factor in the crash: The erroneous belief system that banks can self-regulate. This manifested in a variety of bad ideas, poor oversight and worse legislation.

The finacialization of the American economy allowed banks to become bigger, more complex, and greatly leveraged. When it all came down, the crisis was broader, deeper and more dangerous than it would have been otherwise.

Glass Steagall’s repeal, after 25 years and $300 million worth of lobbying efforts, culminated decades of radical deregulation.

one example of an argument

Forum List

Back