Latest Obama/Romney Political Polls

Political Polls Matter

• Total voters
Polls are like preseason football.

yes, and there are trends that get exploited,

there is a huge industry involved here

There are no trends, poll questions are asked a specific way to get a specific answer. It's like your poll I can't answer it because you don't have an answer to suits me.

good gawd, you're dumb as shit. :cuckoo:

Do you even understand who pays for polls and why? New orgs pay to have polls. Polling orgs themselves pay for polls they sell. Campaigns pay for polls about opponents.

there are push polls too.

good gawd, get out of the house more often

Not all polls are created equal. I usually pay attention to Rasmussen and Gallup since they have a better track record than most.

I once got a call from a different polling organization and the questions were simply yes or no, when that wasn't sufficient. For instance, it was at a time when congress was split down the middle with the left and right and a huge battle was on during the Clinton years. They asked if I was pleased with the recent actions of congress. My reply was that I agreed with one half and not the other, but that wasn't one of the answer choices. I realized how ambiguous the questions and answers could be and knew they could be read however the pollster chose. I do think that polls are sometimes used in an effort to shape public opinion rather than accurately gauge public opinion. Many people, who don't keep up with current events, tend to pick whoever seems to be most popular and go against the one picked on most by late night talk shows. Amazing how a few polls and jokes can cause certain people to form opinions on candidates.

Last edited:
yes, and there are trends that get exploited,

there is a huge industry involved here

There are no trends, poll questions are asked a specific way to get a specific answer. It's like your poll I can't answer it because you don't have an answer to suits me.

good gawd, you're dumb as shit. :cuckoo:

Do you even understand who pays for polls and why? New orgs pay to have polls. Polling orgs themselves pay for polls they sell. Campaigns pay for polls about opponents.

there are push polls too.

good gawd, get out of the house more often
I've been polled a few times and refused to answer the question that was asked, or asked the pollster to clarify their question, they would hang up after several attempts.

Polls matter as far as shaping your message and some local polls give a feel for local issues. Beyond that it's fun to tease each other with them despite most of them being bogus

In mid August 2012, Obama was ahead in the RealClear average by 4.3.

Today......they are tied.

The "bounce" actually took place when Ryan was nominated.

RCP is doing everything it can to fudge the poll numbers... by selectively picking which ones to drop.

And of course they are. The number of clicks they get are directly related to how much they can make this look like a contest.

Kerry and McCain were both way ahead after their conventions....

The best Romney can do is tie that won't last the week.

WASHINGTON - With the election still four months away, President Barack Obama holds "a significant lead" over Republican challenger Mitt Romney, according to a new Pew Research Center poll released Thursday. - Obama holds ‘significant lead’ over Romney in new national poll - BostonHerald.com

Pollster: N.H. could lock up win for President Obama - BostonHerald.com

President Obama’s re-election chances could hinge on New Hampshire, which is why both the Obama and Romney campaigns are spending so much time there, a national pollster told the Herald.

“For Obama, where he stands right now, if he wins Florida, he just needs one more (swing) state,” said John Zogby, who was visiting the Hub yesterday. He explained that as the likely Electoral College tally now stands, a Florida win could give Obama 268, meaning he would need only two more votes, and New Hampshire has four.

“It’s a whole lot easier to campaign in New Hampshire,” Zogby said.

WASHINGTON - With the election still four months away, President Barack Obama holds "a significant lead" over Republican challenger Mitt Romney, according to a new Pew Research Center poll released Thursday. - Obama holds ‘significant lead’ over Romney in new national poll - BostonHerald.com

Pollster: N.H. could lock up win for President Obama - BostonHerald.com

President Obama’s re-election chances could hinge on New Hampshire, which is why both the Obama and Romney campaigns are spending so much time there, a national pollster told the Herald.

“For Obama, where he stands right now, if he wins Florida, he just needs one more (swing) state,” said John Zogby, who was visiting the Hub yesterday. He explained that as the likely Electoral College tally now stands, a Florida win could give Obama 268, meaning he would need only two more votes, and New Hampshire has four.

“It’s a whole lot easier to campaign in New Hampshire,” Zogby said.

That makes sense. NH is small and filled with lazy ass beer drinkers. Maine is bigger and filled with more lazy ass beer drinkers. More people on welfare per cap than any other state in the country.
What a fucking disgrace.

Last edited:

Obama still holding on.

Poor Mitt, he's not like us and the poor GOP base -- they chose this Imbecile as their leader. Chose Mitt over all other GOP candidates.

Sucks to be you :eusa_angel:

Obama still holding on.

Poor Mitt, he's not like us and the poor GOP base -- they chose this Imbecile as their leader. Chose Mitt over all other GOP candidates.

some postive news for once today but ram , gallup polls and that cbs ohio focus group worry heck out of me

add to that trump threat of bombshell on obama and it just feel like negative headlines over the president then good ones man.

Obama still holding on.

Keep telling yourself that, Dante, I know it will help you sleep at night. :D

Obama still holding on.

some postive news for once today but ram , gallup polls and that cbs ohio focus group worry heck out of me

add to that trump threat of bombshell on obama and it just feel like negative headlines over the president then good ones man.

Ohio -- evangelicals and unions get out the vote battle

Forum List

Back