Latest Obama/Romney Political Polls

Political Polls Matter

• Total voters
Campaign 2012 , Politics , President Obama
Mitt Romney voters motivated by opposition to President Obama, poll shows. (so much for conservative principles.)

Mitt Romney voters motivated by opposition to President Obama, poll shows - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com

---

It's the hate, stupid.

well, at least you didn't play the race card......................

yet....:eusa_whistle:

What percentage of voters who hate the President dislike him partly because he's too black?

Why the watermelon jokes? Hmmmm, race enters lots. I defended the majority of Tea Party people I know as not being racists, but to deny that race plays a part in it all is to deny Obama looks black

Campaign 2012 , Politics , President Obama
Mitt Romney voters motivated by opposition to President Obama, poll shows. (so much for conservative principles.)

Mitt Romney voters motivated by opposition to President Obama, poll shows - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com

---

It's the hate, stupid.

What percentage of voters who hate the President dislike him partly because he's too black?

Why the watermelon jokes? Hmmmm, race enters lots. I defended the majority of Tea Party people I know as not being racists, but to deny that race plays a part in it all is to deny Obama looks black

I prefer to see him as half black half white.....like he is.....:eusa_whistle:

I prefer to see him as half black half white.....like he is.....:eusa_whistle:

I usually remind black folks (quaint phrase) I meet that President Obama was raised by his white family.

that said, in America dark skin is enough to rate one as a niggah in the eyes of many. sad but true. we even call Arabs, Sand Niggahs. :mad:

Americans Favor Ending Tax Cuts for Wealthy by 2-1

WASHINGTON - With the election still four months away, President Barack Obama holds "a significant lead" over Republican challenger Mitt Romney, according to a new Pew Research Center poll released Thursday. - Obama holds ‘significant lead’ over Romney in new national poll - BostonHerald.com

Poll: Florida voters favor President Barack Obama's immigration policies

and Bloomberg: Poll Finds Americans Favor Ending Tax Cuts for Wealthy by 2-1

It's July. No poll is of any real relevance... other than to the desperate hacks trying to 'prove' their guy is leading.

Interestingly, the BBC who, while a left leaning organization, tend to research pretty thoroughly and not let politics interfere with the research, claim that Romney and Obama are tied.

Having watched BBC broadcasts, there are a lot of subtlies of American Politics they don't get, either.

Okay, this is why this is relevent. Here's an RCP Chart for 2008.

mccain_obama_rcp_graph.jpg

There were a couple of points where McCain pulled ahead, such as when he locked down his nomination and Obama was still struggling with his, and right after he picked Palin but before people realized she was retarded. But mostly, Obama dominated McCain, and won by 8 points.

Now. Here's the Bush-Kerry graph.

graph.jpg

Not surprisingly, they traded off the lead a bunch of times during the course of the race, depending on events in Iraq and on the campaign trail. Much closer election, but Bush just pulled it out by 2 points.

Now, we get to the Obama/Romney graph. You'll have to click, because I can't get a modern snapshot.

Romney vs. Obama

save a breif point during the 2011 Budget crisis, Obama has pretty consistantly dominated Romney all along. Romney has never been ahead. Now, he might pull ahead during his convention, even losers like Dole and Mondale did that.

Last edited:
WASHINGTON - With the election still four months away, President Barack Obama holds "a significant lead" over Republican challenger Mitt Romney, according to a new Pew Research Center poll released Thursday. - Obama holds ‘significant lead’ over Romney in new national poll - BostonHerald.com

then some numb nuts posted this:

The polls are the first comprehensive surveys to have been conducted since Romney chose Paul Ryan as his running mate and suggest he has received a small positive bump from his selection.

Daily tracking polls from both Rasmussen Reports and Gallup also put Romney slightly ahead nationally, although the RealClearPolitics conglomerate Poll of Polls — which does not include the Purple Poll as it was not conducted nationally — still has Obama with a three-point lead.

Overall, the four Purple polls taken together show Romney with a single-point lead of 47 percent to 46, reversing July’s figures when Obama led by 47 percent to 45.

Purple Strategies said Romney has received a huge boost among independent voters, now holding an 11 percentage point lead in that group, up from five points in July.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Poll: Ryan Bump Gives Romney Lead in Swing States Ohio, Fla., Va.
Poll: Ryan Bump Gives Romney Lead in Swing States Ohio, Fla., Va.

By the time its November
It will not even be close
I truly believe that, I did not 2 weeks ago

and here we are...

Poll: Obama retakes lead after short-lived Romney Tampa bounce - The Hill's Ballot Box

Poll: Obama retakes lead after short-lived Romney Tampa bounce
By Meghashyam Mali - 09/02/12 07:32 AM ET

A new poll finds President Obama retaking a narrow lead over Mitt Romney, after the GOP candidate enjoyed a short-lived bump from the Republican National Convention

According to the new Reuters/Ipsos national tracking poll released Saturday, Obama holds a 44 percent to 43 edge over his GOP rival.

Romney enjoyed a bounce last week when he officially accepted his party’s nomination at the GOP convention in Tampa, Fla.

Gallup Polls Show No Sign of Republican Bounce After Convention - Businessweek

Bloomberg News
Gallup Polls Show No Sign of Republican Bounce After Convention
By Mike Dorning on September 03, 2012

Party nominees usually receive a bounce in support after national political conventions and the extended case for their campaigns made in the televised proceedings.

Romney’s speech at his party’s convention also received low marks from the public. Only 38 percent rated his speech good or excellent, the lowest favorable response to any of the eight acceptance speeches that Gallup has tested since Republican Bob Dole was nominated in 1996, according to a poll that the research group released this morning.

Fewer Americans than in previous years said the convention overall made them more likely to support Republican.

Polls only matter to what ever side they favor.
In other words polls only matter to democrats when obama is leading
and they only matter to Republicans when Romney is leading.

Not true. They matter to the people who pay for them. News Orgs and others pay for polls to be done and pay for access to polls others have done. It's a huge side business in election cycles.

Shows how little you actually know about politics

In mid August 2012, Obama was ahead in the RealClear average by 4.3.

Today......they are tied.

The "bounce" actually took place when Ryan was nominated.

then some numb nuts posted this:

The polls are the first comprehensive surveys to have been conducted since Romney chose Paul Ryan as his running mate and suggest he has received a small positive bump from his selection.

Daily tracking polls from both Rasmussen Reports and Gallup also put Romney slightly ahead nationally, although the RealClearPolitics conglomerate Poll of Polls — which does not include the Purple Poll as it was not conducted nationally — still has Obama with a three-point lead.

Overall, the four Purple polls taken together show Romney with a single-point lead of 47 percent to 46, reversing July’s figures when Obama led by 47 percent to 45.

Purple Strategies said Romney has received a huge boost among independent voters, now holding an 11 percentage point lead in that group, up from five points in July.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Poll: Ryan Bump Gives Romney Lead in Swing States Ohio, Fla., Va.
Poll: Ryan Bump Gives Romney Lead in Swing States Ohio, Fla., Va.

By the time its November
It will not even be close
I truly believe that, I did not 2 weeks ago

His first mistake was believing Newsmax, of course.

Not true. They matter to the people who pay for them. News Orgs and others pay for polls to be done and pay for access to polls others have done. It's a huge side business in election cycles.

Polls are like preseason football.

Polls Schmolls.

I'm voting for the Man Of The People and no matter what the polls say, that is Barack (Barry) Hussein (Soetoro) Obama.

yes, and there are trends that get exploited,

there is a huge industry involved here

yes, and there are trends that get exploited,

there is a huge industry involved here

There are no trends, poll questions are asked a specific way to get a specific answer. It's like your poll I can't answer it because you don't have an answer to suits me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back