Latest GOP Healthcare Bill Explained

Most likely their version of the mandate will cost more in extra premium's in a years time than the penalty today.

Yes most do not realize what Health insurance was like before the ACA. Even Nixon wanted a national health insurance plan. Health insurance has always been bad, except if you are young and healthy, and they bitch about the fine. Hopefully they will get karma. The problem is we will pay for their care.

Why is it that the budget for many years has paid for coal miners healthcare, yet no one bitched about that..

When actually it should be on the owners of the coal mines. But as we know corporations get away with murder.
yes, it is a shame how people with money don't give damn about the people that help make them that money..Not all corporations and companies are like that, but too many are..

Some of Obamacare’s signature features would be gone immediately, such as the tax on people who don’t purchase health care, known as the “individual mandate.”
The IRS says taxpayers are still legally required to have health insurance or pay the penalty. It also maintains that it still has discretion to follow up on a filer not indicating his health-insurance coverage status but, according to Reason, it’s not clear what would cause the agency to do that.
IRS weakens enforcement of Obamacare individual mandate: Report

^^ Bull pucky

What, specifically, do you disagree with in my comments?

Healthcare is NOT a Right and never haz been. I will not avail myself of Government medicine. People who cannot support themselves, or find others to willingky support them, hsve no vslye to Society.

What is incorrect in those stztenents?

Some of Obamacare’s signature features would be gone immediately, such as the tax on people who don’t purchase health care, known as the “individual mandate.”

What about the new penalty? True though, that if someone just refuses to purchase health insurance regardless of their declining health they will never be penalized.

Last edited:
The IRS says taxpayers are still legally required to have health insurance or pay the penalty. It also maintains that it still has discretion to follow up on a filer not indicating his health-insurance coverage status but, according to Reason, it’s not clear what would cause the agency to do that.

That was smoke and mirrors, every client I wrote and did not answer that question has had their return held up because the IRS sent them letter's to provide a 1095B to prove they had insurance or pay the penalty.

^^ Bull pucky

What, specifically, do you disagree with in my comments?

Healthcare is NOT a Right and never haz been. I will not avail myself of Government medicine. People who cannot support themselves, or find others to willingky support them, hsve no vslye to Society.

What is incorrect in those stztenents?
Nonsense. Read your comments again, please.

Nope. It's still there. They just reframed it as a tax credit.

No I'm not leaving MI, but we need to get rid of the GOP control. That is why we need national healthcare, people move more and are IC's. If the GOP remains in control , soon employers will no longer offer health insurance co share.

The GOP is in control nationally too.

That was smoke and mirrors, every client I wrote and did not answer that question has had their return held up because the IRS sent them letter's to provide a 1095B to prove they had insurance or pay the penalty.
Yes, because it was order as such by Oblama..

As long as it doesn't take from the working middle-class man and give to the non-working man, I'll be happy.

That is of course, if we don't have socialized healthcare implemented. If socialized healthcare is implemented, then I'm fine having healthcare for those who work, but not for those who don't work (except for children of course).

Anyone who's seen the essential plans knows what I'm talking about... You know, the ones with $0 premiums, deductibles, co-pays, and with free coverage for everything.

Slashsnake Then you'll hate it.

The elderly and disabled won't get any care at all. Medicare and Medicaid trashed and please remember that seniors PAY for Medicare coverage.nWorking class premiums through the roof.

Biggest transfer of wealth in a single hill in our history.

The good news is that it's an enormous tax cut for the 2%.

BTW, if ACA is so bad, why did the Rs vote to keep it for themselves ? Yep,they will be exempt from trump/lyin'ryan care.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

As long as it doesn't take from the working middle-class man and give to the non-working man, I'll be happy.

That is of course, if we don't have socialized healthcare implemented. If socialized healthcare is implemented, then I'm fine having healthcare for those who work, but not for those who don't work (except for children of course).

Anyone who's seen the essential plans knows what I'm talking about... You know, the ones with $0 premiums, deductibles, co-pays, and with free coverage for everything.

Slashsnake Then you'll hate it.

The elderly and disabled won't get any care at all. Medicare and Medicaid trashed and please remember that seniors PAY for Medicare coverage.nWorking class premiums through the roof.

Biggest transfer of wealth in a single hill in our history.

The good news is that it's an enormous tax cut for the 2%.

BTW, if ACA is so bad, why did the Rs vote to keep it for themselves ? Yep,they will be exempt from trump/lyin'ryan care.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Hate the new bill? I don't mind it.

- Takes away individual mandates rather than imposing a fine on those who don't want to pay for premiums that take someone from the middle-class to the poverty level.

- Makes those who use the system the most pay higher premiums.

- Eventually the bill will [hopefully] be amended to include competition across state lines.

The current system is ass backwards. The young and healthy pay the most, while the lazy non-workers and the elderly pay the least.

Forum List

Back