Landlord sued for obeying the law and evicting illegal aliens

The landlords at the mobile home park are requiring residents to provide either a social security card, passport or valid visa with documentation to renew their leases, reports The Washington Post.

This is for a lease renewal, therefore, the tenants have no case.
Yeah they do. The guy asked for SSN after the fact which is against the law.

Nope. It's for a renewal so he can change what ever terms he wants and if they don't like it they can move out.

The landlords at the mobile home park are requiring residents to provide either a social security card, passport or valid visa with documentation to renew their leases, reports The Washington Post.

I'd like to point out they own the homes.

It says right in the article it's to renew their leases

Nope. It's for a renewal so he can change what ever terms he wants and if they don't like it they can move out.
Nope. thats not what the suit says.

You sure? because most leases only run for a year, after that it's month to month.

HAHAHA. Where did you get that idea, you nitwit? Most landlords will let you take out year leases over and over.
False ! But you had to say something.
It depends on the landlord's policy.

I only have a few units, but I always require a renewing tenant to sign another years lease. I believe the big corporate apartment owners offer more flexibility.

You sure? because most leases only run for a year, after that it's month to month.

HAHAHA. Where did you get that idea, you nitwit? Most landlords will let you take out year leases over and over.

I only have a few units, but I always require a renewing tenant to sign another years lease. I believe the big corporate apartment owners offer more flexibility.
After the first year I go month to month unless the tenant specifies they want another year.

oh so you're one of those slumlord asshats.
it figures .

it figures .
You are the life long tenant loser I have to evict, because you fail to pay the rent, but think you should be allowed to live in my property for free.

it figures .
You are the life long tenant loser I have to evict, because you fail to pay the rent, but think you should be allowed to live in my property for free.
Nope never lived in a trailer park.

I'd like to point out they own the homes.

It says right in the article it's to renew their leases

On the lot, my Friend. The problem is they can't move their mobile homes because it's the only lot left in town.

Once again; he's in the wrong. He's only applying his new rules to the Hispanics, not all tenants. Thus, it's a violation of the law.

Once again; he's in the wrong. He's only applying his new rules to the Hispanics, not all tenants. Thus, it's a violation of the law.
Question, Are they legal citizens?
If not then who gives a fuck, they should be evicted.
You don't fix a wrong by pointing out other wrongs.

Question, Are they legal citizens?
If not then who gives a fuck, they should be evicted.
You don't fix a wrong by pointing out other wrongs.

The person who owns the home is. The children are. It's not the landlords job to check citizenship status of everyone in the home unless he asks it of every resident.

That's what courts are for, speedo

It shouldn't be Jake. This should be pretty obvious. US law says that as a landlord you can be found guilty of a felony for providing housing for illegals. No court should entertain a lawsuit by illegals who are evicted for not being here legally.

What the fuck has happened to logic and reasoning?

Dude...this is FAKEY. He doesn't do "logic".

Forum List

Back