Landlord sued for obeying the law and evicting illegal aliens

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Section 1324 of title 8 of the US code says it's a federal felony to knowingly encourage illegals to live here and this landlord would obviously be doing that if he let them stay. He has no legal choice and yet he's being sued!!!

Illegal Immigrants Sue After Landlord Demands Documentation For Housing [VIDEO]

may 24 2016 Four Latino families filed papers to sue their Virginia landlord Monday after he threatened eviction due to illegal family members living on the premises.

The civil rights lawsuit filed by families living in Waples Mobile Home Park in Fairfax County, Va., claims it is discriminatory to require a social security number for residency. The landlords at the mobile home park are requiring residents to provide either a social security card, passport or valid visa with documentation to renew their leases, reports The Washington Post.

The lawyers representing the families, from the Legal Aid Justice Center (LAJC) and Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan law firm, say the actions are targeted discrimination that disproportionately affects Latinos in the community. All the families involved in the lawsuit have lived in the park for at least two

LOL, what a fucking joke, any lawyer that took that case should be disbarred. A landlord of course has the right to make sure they aren't violating federal law when renting their property.

Section 1324 of title 8 of the US code says it's a federal felony to knowingly encourage illegals to live here and this landlord would obviously be doing that if he let them stay. He has no legal choice and yet he's being sued!!!

may 24 2016 Four Latino families filed papers to sue their Virginia landlord Monday after he threatened eviction due to illegal family members living on the premises.

The civil rights lawsuit filed by families living in Waples Mobile Home Park in Fairfax County, Va., claims it is discriminatory to require a social security number for residency. The landlords at the mobile home park are requiring residents to provide either a social security card, passport or valid visa with documentation to renew their leases, reports The Washington Post.

The lawyers representing the families, from the Legal Aid Justice Center (LAJC) and Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan law firm, say the actions are targeted discrimination that disproportionately affects Latinos in the community. All the families involved in the lawsuit have lived in the park for at least two
How did they rent in the first place?

Obviously the landlord didn't check their immigration status prior.

What was the old saying?
Oh yeah . Closed the barn door after the horses got out.

The landlord did not follow his stated policy. Now he is, which is likely why he is getting sued.

Obviously the landlord didn't check their immigration status prior.
So how did he find out they were illegal?

The landlord did not follow his stated policy. Now he is, which is likely why he is getting sued.

It is , of course, also possible that a legal citizen rented the place in their name and now the landlord is checking the identify of everyone who lives in the house.

It is , of course, also possible that a legal citizen rented the place in their name and now the landlord is checking the identify of everyone who lives in the house.
When I rent out everyone that is living there is listed on the rental agreement. If they are not on the agreement they are evicted. Why didnt he check prior to renting out the places?

When I rent out everyone that is living there is listed on the rental agreement. If they are not on the agreement they are evicted. Why didnt he check prior to renting out the places?

I have no idea.

I do know this though, I've had several instances where renters have moved people in without my approval.

In this case though, sounds to me like this guy just recently decided he had a problem and so he took steps to correct it.

Nothing wrong with that.

Agreed.

As a long time landlord, I require all prospects to complete a application which requires an SS#. I have often been given phony SS#. I just don't rent to them.

I have no idea.

I do know this though, I've had several instances where renters have moved people in without my approval.

In this case though, sounds to me like this guy just recently decided he had a problem and so he took steps to correct it.

Nothing wrong with that.

If they have grounds to sue there is going to be a whole lot wrong with it. I'm still not understanding how he knows if they are illegal or not.

I have no idea.

Nothing wrong with that.

If they have grounds to sue there is going to be a whole lot wrong with it. I'm still not understanding how he knows if they are illegal or not.

Now he knows they are illegal b/c he asked for social security numbers and they couldn't provide them.

I don't think a court is going to rule in the tenants favor based on the fact that this guy only recently started checking ID

You didnt read the article did you...

What was the old saying?

Apparently you didnt read the article either.

I have no idea.

Nothing wrong with that.

Isnt it obvious?
He's see's a new face or ten so he asks for their SS# so they can be approved and it turns out to be bogus.

What was the old saying?

Apparently you didnt read the article either.
Apparently you're talking out your ass.

That's what courts are for, speedo

It shouldn't be Jake. This should be pretty obvious. US law says that as a landlord you can be found guilty of a felony for providing housing for illegals. No court should entertain a lawsuit by illegals who are evicted for not being here legally.

What the fuck has happened to logic and reasoning?

Forum List

Back