Lady Bird..... meh... flat.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Not exactly a movie I would choose, but the wife wanted to see it so we watched it last night.
Granted, I am a 53 yo man - so there wasn't much in the movie for me to identify with since it was the story about the teen tribulations of a budding young woman.
Having said that, the characters in the movie were just odd.

---- SPOILER -----

In the end, the characters in the movie are all f*cked up in one way or another. There is only one character in the entire film that is "normal"...and that is an old nun. Everyone else is a basket case. I don't know what you are supposed to walk away from the film feeling...at the end of the movie the girl has an epiphany after watching a choir sing in a Catholic church...and that made her change her outlook on life.
It is just a weird film. And once again I can't see how it was nominated for an Academy award.
2 1/2 Stars

The wife? You have a wife? I wouldn't notice since we never get to share her anymore..on USMB...
Oh the film! Blah why watch it!? I'm 56 and have zero interest in chick flicks.....

The wife? You have a wife? I wouldn't notice since we never get to share her anymore..on USMB...
Oh the film! Blah why watch it!? I'm 56 and have zero interest in chick flicks.....

Like I say, I wouldn't watch it otherwise.
As for Bonzi, she is doing very well. Like I said in another thread, she has a job in a high security company and all the puters are totally monitored. She can't post here during the day. And in the evening, well we have our evenings and neither of us post then.

Like I say, I wouldn't watch it otherwise.
As for Bonzi, she is doing very well. Like I said in another thread, she has a job in a high security company and all the puters are totally monitored. She can't post here during the day. And in the evening, well we have our evenings and neither of us post then.
Yes my wife got a job doing the same and can't take a phone inside.It's Sysco...They are based out of Vergina...

SHe can use her phone, but their WiFi is device specific and locked down. But we can text messages so that is good.

Forum List

Back