Alien: Covenant

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Film Criticism

Alien: Covenant is the new under-valued Ridley Scott film and sequel to Prometheus. Prometheus and Covenant are Scott's first Alien ventures since making the classic Alien in 1979. Alien: Covenant is deceptively-alarming (regarding encounters with bizarre adversaries) in its sci-fi horror storytelling and the characters are surprisingly human/accessible. This is a modernism dystopia-oriented/consciousness film which it seems would inspire some spin-off comic book oriented storytelling. Film criticism has officially become the arm of storytelling marketing.

I really liked this film and want to see the video-game adaptation.

====

Aliens had flooded the planet the human space explorers were fleeing, and only a handful of survivors were left trying to get off the Xeno-infested world. The crusaders were fleeing (despite being crusaders) even though they were equipped with laser-weapons (long-range!). It was actually an interesting contest. This new species was an element of malicious offence-consciousness and inspired jokes about the grunting 1985 Chicago Bears (NFL). Were the Xenos like the Super Bowl winning Bears? That's what every human survivor was thinking (while fleeing).

SURVIVOR: You're the last obstacle...
XENO: We've met!
SURVIVOR: You were one in a group.
XENO: Yes...
SURVIVOR: I teach at Yale University!
XENO: Really?
SURVIVOR: Yeah. I will make it back there.
XENO: You're a slave to capitalism there too...
SURVIVOR: You're a wily-tongued Dragon!
XENO: I love the new Alien film.

====

zoos2.jpg

Forum List

Back