Ladies and Gentlemen....

Richard-H

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2008
It seems to me that in Western civilization the concept of women behaving as 'Ladies' and men behaving as 'gentlemen' developed since the late Roman empire as a fundamental part of western civilization.

The behaviors that were taught included 'proper' protocols for initiating 'romantic' and sexual relations. But just as men were supposed to behave as gentlemen, there were rules and protocols for female behavior as well.

As a man that came of age in the late 1970s and early 1980s, I can say that once American women had the new sexual freedoms that came with economic opportunity, birth control and abortion, the women reverted to absolute primitivism.

Women preferred and expected men to be aggressive, men who behaved as gentlemen were considered to be fools. Women became discompassionate and pragmatic towards sexual relations. Aggressive men were 'winners' or gentlemen were 'losers'.

If it weren't for the fact that most women reach an age when they desparately want to have a baby, and therefore NEED to settle for a man who loves them, treats them well and will be a responsible husband and father, marriage as an institution would have ended.

Nowadays, the concepts of 'Ladies and gentlemen' seems to have been lost in our culture. Though the recent accusations of sexual molestation indicate that women are in fact demanding that men start behaving like gentlemen again.

That however, is conditional on women behaving like 'Ladies' again.

'I just want to have fun' doesn't cut it ladies!

seems to me that modern women just want what they want and laws are going to change to accomodate them Richard .

It seems to me that in Western civilization the concept of women behaving as 'Ladies' and men behaving as 'gentlemen' developed since the late Roman empire as a fundamental part of western civilization.

The behaviors that were taught included 'proper' protocols for initiating 'romantic' and sexual relations. But just as men were supposed to behave as gentlemen, there were rules and protocols for female behavior as well.

As a man that came of age in the late 1970s and early 1980s, I can say that once American women had the new sexual freedoms that came with economic opportunity, birth control and abortion, the women reverted to absolute primitivism.

Women preferred and expected men to be aggressive, men who behaved as gentlemen were considered to be fools. Women became discompassionate and pragmatic towards sexual relations. Aggressive men were 'winners' or gentlemen were 'losers'.

If it weren't for the fact that most women reach an age when they desparately want to have a baby, and therefore NEED to settle for a man who loves them, treats them well and will be a responsible husband and father, marriage as an institution would have ended.

Nowadays, the concepts of 'Ladies and gentlemen' seems to have been lost in our culture. Though the recent accusations of sexual molestation indicate that women are in fact demanding that men start behaving like gentlemen again.

When men with boobs win the woman of the year award, kinda blows the whole idea of Ladies and Gentlemen.....

These gender roles have been in flux since the Sixties social revolution. There will be and still are growing pains. That revolution decided that the old ways --- of gender relations, of race relations, of materialism, of patriotism, of values in general --- were wrongheaded, and in many cases, they were. So they all got thrown out in favor of 'do your own thing'. What it didn't account for is that you can't just throw out all the old ways without clarity on what the new ways will be. Hence --- flux and growing pains.

When men with boobs win the woman of the year award, kinda blows the whole idea of Ladies and Gentlemen.....

So I take it congratulations are in order?

Don't congratulate me, congratulate Bruce Jenner..

Caitlyn Jenner at Women of the Year Awards: Never Thought I'd Be Here
Caitlyn Jenner at Women of the Year Awards: I Never in a Million Years Thought I’d Be Here
Liberalism is a mental disorder and is increasing alarming at how far the inmates are willing to go..

Caitlyn Jenner at Women of the Year Awards: I Never in a Million Years Thought I’d Be Here
Liberalism is a mental disorder and is increasing alarming at how far the inmates are willing to go..

That's all very informative of the type of news you go after. But it's got nothing to do with Liberalism.

That's all very informative of the type of news you go after. But it's got nothing to do with Liberalism.
Why bring it up then?

women reverted to absolute primitivism.

Women became discompassionate and pragmatic towards sexual relations. Aggressive men were 'winners' or gentlemen were 'losers'.

women are in fact demanding that men start behaving like gentlemen again. That however, is conditional on women behaving like 'Ladies' again. 'I just want to have fun' doesn't cut it ladies!

I don't agree that women reverted to absolute primitivism. I was there. You apparently were hanging around with the wrong crowd. And between the lines, it sounds as if you had some trouble dating because you were "polite." I'm sorry that happened to you, but it is definitely not because women did not want respect.

I think you might be confusing "respect" with "manners." They are not the same thing.

The national conversation today about sexual misconduct has nothing to do with "fun." You are presenting the old argument that women are asking for it.

women reverted to absolute primitivism.

Women became discompassionate and pragmatic towards sexual relations. Aggressive men were 'winners' or gentlemen were 'losers'.

women are in fact demanding that men start behaving like gentlemen again. That however, is conditional on women behaving like 'Ladies' again. 'I just want to have fun' doesn't cut it ladies!

I don't agree that women reverted to absolute primitivism. I was there. You apparently were hanging around with the wrong crowd. And between the lines, it sounds as if you had some trouble dating because you were "polite." I'm sorry that happened to you, but it is definitely not because women did not want respect.

I think you might be confusing "respect" with "manners." They are not the same thing.

The national conversation today about sexual misconduct has nothing to do with "fun." You are presenting the old argument that women are asking for it.
You want to know why women have been treated like scum of late?

Keeping Up with the Kardashians - Wikipedia
. It is often criticized for the high degree of emphasis on the "famous for being famous" concept, and for appearing to fabricate some aspects of its storylines. Several critics also noted the show's lack of intelligence, and described the family as "self-absorbed" and "desperate" for fame.
Boobs and butts, that is all the Kards did , and many girls followed suit. It is going to take a long time till any R-S-P-E-C-T(Obama spelling) is given to the female persuasion.

Forum List

Back