Lack of Fox News coverage in Ferguson

Since when did fux ever cover hard news?

Seriously, they're just a giant advertising arm of the pubs and everyone, including RWs, knows it.

August 25, 2014 | 03:31PM PT

A busy week in news was a good one for Fox News Channel, which logged its second highest-rated frame of the year, but a weak one for MSNBC, which found itself deep in third place.

FNC, with several shows hitting 2014 highs, won in adults 25-54 and total viewers on both a primetime and total-day basis for Monday through Friday of last week. Tune-in was above average across the news board due to coverage of the protests in Ferguson and the murder of James Foley.

Looking at the Nielsen numbers, Fox News averaged 443,000 adults 25-54 in primetime to finish ahead of CNN (361,000) in the key news demo, with both networks more than doubling the tally of MSNBC (179,000). CNN had narrowly won in the demo on Monday and Tuesday, before Fox News asserted itself Wednesday through Friday.

In total-day numbers, FNC averaged 272,000, to 241,000 for CNN and just 106,000 for MSNBC.

The only week to rate higher for Fox News this year was the State of the Union frame in January.

Fox News Hits Ratings Highs MSNBC Sputters in Busy Week Variety
Whatever they did last week, it seems to be working.

I watched coverage this morning on fox and friends, just because fox doesnt cover it 24/7 that makes them racist? you hack
That's how Leftytoons roll. You know not increasing funding is a cut. Not lowering taxes is raising them. Stuff like that.

Is it just me or is Fox News going out of their way not to cover Ferguson? CNN and MSNBC both had live coverage going, switching to Fox something about college football and then vamping about a bear in a truck. Ya that's critical news.

C'mon guys, if everyone assumes you're racist, going out of your way not to look racist only makes you look more racist. :)

Simply because lefty-media is hyper-attuned to the narrative of there being a white on black murder problem doesn't mean that normal media has to follow.

Ferguson really isn't news, it's manufactured news from lefty-media. A white cop killed a black hood. Big deal, happens all the time. Not really news.

Is it just me or is Fox News going out of their way not to cover Ferguson? CNN and MSNBC both had live coverage going, switching to Fox something about college football and then vamping about a bear in a truck. Ya that's critical news.

C'mon guys, if everyone assumes you're racist, going out of your way not to look racist only makes you look more racist. :)

Its not just you..Their audience does not want to hear about unarmed boys being shot down by the cops.

You'd think they'd want to continue their NRA-fueled flavor that every citizen should be armed but the NRA doesn't mean 'every black citizen'

I watched coverage this morning on fox and friends, just because fox doesnt cover it 24/7 that makes them racist? you hack
That's how Leftytoons roll. You know not increasing funding is a cut. Not lowering taxes is raising them. Stuff like that.

Not increasing funding when costs rise..is a cut.
That's how the GOP governors have crippled public schools

It's just you.

Fox is covering the situation in Ferguson...and I doubt you've bothered to watch them for more than a channel surfing fly by.

Its just you watching the 'white channel'
FOX is playing lip service..and they're blaming the citizens...which is what their listeners are comfortable with hearing

Since when did fux ever cover hard news?

Seriously, they're just a giant advertising arm of the pubs and everyone, including RWs, knows it.

why were't you out in the middle of it reporting to us here? you think everyone else is suppose to put themselves in harms way just so you can watch it comfortably from your easy chair? How many nights of rioting do you think the majority of the people want to sit and watch? I think after a few days we all had a clue what the hell was going on and it was damn ugly

As far as i was concerned the media was just as ugly as the rioters. they were like sharks who smelled blood so they were on a freaking feeding frenzy. they were just as disgraceful as the looters and Shaprton...I'm sure people got sick of them too. so maybe fox's decision will turn out to be a good one. . oh that's going to burn some asses...

Now that Chief Jackson disclosed Brown's stop was in no way related to the alleged robbery, you'll likely hear less from Fox about the case.

omg, do you people really lose sleep over this kind crap
holy smokes

I hope Fox and the Alphabet networks start airing weekly specials on black on black violence, fatherless households, poor lib failing education and the high crime rate and prison rate for minorities, in general. I hope CNN and MSNBC has Sharpton and Jackson on to ask them why they don't care about the daily killings of young blacks in the inner city and the high dropout rates and high unemployment. What are they going to do about it and when will they call on these young black "men" to start taking responsibility in life? And tell the young black women to keep their legs closed.

Forum List

Back