Labor shortage?

The US is experiencing a widespread worker shortage. Here’s why.

Send back all the illegals and let what is needed come back legally.
Hmmm. In a capitalist system is it really dependent on foriegn labor that much or is it more a preference over other labor forces due to the possibility that a certain force can be worked dirt cheap or exploited at the expense of the balance needed to be kept here ?? Otherwise a balance that keeps our society mostly American driven, strong economically, healthy, and on the ready.

If we allow certain things to go on for to long, it actually begins to dilute, weaken, and possibly destroy our American strength in character, and in soul thus leaving our nation in a serious security downfall, and vulnerable to anything.

Hmmm. In a capitalist system is it really dependent on foriegn labor that much or is it more a preference over other labor forces due to the possibility that a certain force can be worked dirt cheap or exploited at the expense of the balance needed to be kept here ?? Otherwise a balance that keeps our society mostly American driven, strong economically, healthy, and on the ready.

If we allow certain things to go on for to long, it actually begins to dilute, weaken, and possibly destroy our American strength in character, and in soul thus leaving our nation in a serious security downfall, and vulnerable to anything.
Thank you politicians.

There is more to it than that. Farmers are always hurting for good workers because the work is so doggone hard and relentless. The cold hard truth is most Americans can't or won't do farm work.

If you look at construction, we have contractors who can't find workers with the skill sets or the work ethic to even be dependable. I have a friend who has his own construction business and he says when he loses a solid guy it takes him 6 months to find a good replacement.

In the technical positions, there is high turnover because the good engineers, coders, algorithm developers etc. leave for higher pay. If they are really good they force the company to open 2 or 3 reqs to backfill.

Three different industries with three very different reasons why each faces a labor shortage.

There is more to it than that. Farmers are always hurting for good workers because the work is so doggone hard and relentless. The cold hard truth is most Americans can't or won't do farm work.

If you look at construction, we have contractors who can't find workers with the skill sets or the work ethic to even be dependable. I have a friend who has his own construction business and he says when he loses a solid guy it takes him 6 months to find a good replacement.

In the technical positions, there is high turnover because the good engineers, coders, algorithm developers etc. leave for higher pay. If they are really good they force the company to open 2 or 3 reqs to backfill.

Three different industries with three very different reasons why each faces a labor shortage.

Farming is almost a thing of the past in America anymore

------------------------------------ already happened Beagle .

Say what?

------------------------------------- get the mechanized picking on line . I've shown videos and it is here today . Better than a buncha third world imported units picking veg and sending money to foreign countries eh .

------------------------------------- get the mechanized picking on line . I've shown videos and it is here today . Better than a buncha third world imported units picking veg and sending money to foreign countries eh .
Whys that better Pismoe? You don’t think a workforce is important for a healthy society?

American workforce is fine but anything is better than importing a buncha third world imported to pick crops Slade .

The small Mom and Pop farms are being pulled into larger "conglomerates" but take a trip through the mid west and you'll see a ton of farms.

American workforce is fine but anything is better than importing a buncha third world imported to pick crops Slade .
Well that’s your opinion because you don’t like immigrants. Many others, including myself, feel differently. But that’s besides the point. Let’s play out this automation deal and fast forward 59-100 years when machines will have taken 80% of the workforce. Self driving cars and trucks dominate transportation. Robots control most of shipping, distribution, warehousing, manufacturing, construction, food service, etc etc etc. let’s say you get your way and we stop all immigration. What do we do when half of America is out of work?

Deport the illegals and farmers will pay more.

(So will libtards that eat Rabbit food :).)

Well that’s your opinion because you don’t like immigrants. Many others, including myself, feel differently. But that’s besides the point. Let’s play out this automation deal and fast forward 59-100 years when machines will have taken 80% of the workforce. Self driving cars and trucks dominate transportation. Robots control most of shipping, distribution, warehousing, manufacturing, construction, food service, etc etc etc. let’s say you get your way and we stop all immigration. What do we do when half of America is out of work?

We know you feel differently about illegals you like to exploit them for cheap carrots and votes.

------------------------------ crystal ball time but I won't play as i'm not interested in 50 - 100 years . My only reply would be America for Americans and the rest of the world for foreigners Slade .

We know you feel differently about illegals you like to exploit them for cheap carrots and votes.

I don’t support cutting in line. But I do support giving opportunity to those who want to work for it.

------------------------------ crystal ball time but I won't play as i'm not interested in 50 - 100 years . My only reply would be America for Americans and the rest of the world for foreigners Slade .
Why are you not interested in the future? I’ve heard you claim to care many of times

I don’t support cutting in line. But I do support giving opportunity to those who want to work for it.

Reagan already gave them amnesty it was supposed to be a one time deal, you're trying to make this personal about a coworker or guy down the street who is in fear of getting deported. That's the way it is we can't just have open borders, we don't have the resources for it.

Reagan already gave them amnesty it was supposed to be a one time deal, you're trying to make this personal about a coworker or guy down the street who is in fear of getting deported. That's the way it is we can't just have open borders, we don't have the resources for it.

No shit... I never advocated for open borders or amnesty for all. Those who illegally came hear should face consequences. Dreamers, I’d give a pass to

Forum List

Back