"La Raza” sues Target for requesting proof of citizenship from employees

Target should counter sue because it is the responsibility of all employers to verify that their employees are legally allowed to work in this Country.

They should demand court costs, lawyer fees and a sum to compensate for harassment.
Awesome plan.

I'd like the INS to check over La Raza's membership roles and employees and start imprisoning and deporting illegals there too.

Next time they hold a rally, I want ICE there with buses to haul the illegals away too.

We need to stop fucking around with these people. No other nation in the world would put up with this. Why should we?

Dream on, darlin'. We've got Justice Sotomayor who is a member of La Raza ...

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg who is a member of the ACLU and who was at one time very high up in the heirarchy of the ACLU ....

and ....

I can see now how a case like this could turn out to be a situation where the INS laws are found to be discriminatory against all immigrants and therefore unconstitutional.

My suggestion would be to put troops along every mile of the border and arm them heavily.
I know I know... we have the Supreme Court infected with idiots who believe in 'Social Justice' which is code for 'Spreading poverty equally... except for me' on the court.

The scary part is, I think that P-BO could find someone even more nutty that Ruth Bader Ginsberg to put on the bench once she mummifies in state.

"La Raza” sues Target for requesting proof of citizenship from employees.

Article:

When a Target store in Walnut Creek, California requested employees to present their legal documentation in order to keep their jobs, they were surprised to receive resignations instead of proper paperwork.

The Northern California store lost approximately 40 employees overnight and in place of the employees Target was presented with a legal wrangle by La Raza Centro Legal guru, Rocio Avila who is now representing the illegal immigrants

It seems La Raza is questioning Target’s rational behind the move to request legal documents. It’s worth pointing out that it is unlawful for employers and illegal immigrants to enter the workforce without proper identification and work papers.

Hooray for Target!!!!! I will now shop there...when I need some cheap Chinese made stuff.

Mexican Immigration Law,

Foreigners are admitted into Mexico "according to their possibilities of contributing to national progress." (Article 32)

Immigration officials must "ensure" that "immigrants will be useful elements for the country and that they have the necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents. (Article 34)

Foreigners may be barred from the country if their presence upsets "the equilibrium of the national demographics," when foreigners are deemed detrimental to "economic or national interests," when they do not behave like good citizens in their own country, when they have broken Mexican laws, and when "they are not found to be physically or mentally healthy." (Article 37)

The Secretary of Governance may "suspend or prohibit the admission of foreigners when he determines it to be in the national interest." (Article 38)

Federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities upon request, i.e., to assist in the arrests of illegal immigrants. (Article 73)
A National Population Registry keeps track of "every single individual who comprises the population of the country," and verifies each individual's identity. (Articles 85 and 86)

A national Catalog of Foreigners tracks foreign tourists and immigrants (Article 87), and assigns each individual with a unique tracking number (Article 91).

Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. (Article 116)

Foreigners who sign government documents "with a signature that is false or different from that which he normally uses" are subject to fine and imprisonment. (Article 116)

Foreigners who fail to obey a deportation order are to be punished. (Article 117)
Foreigners who are deported from Mexico and attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be imprisoned for up to 10 years. (Article 118)

Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years in prison (Articles 119, 120 and 121). Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of their visa while in Mexico -- such as working with out a permit -- can also be imprisoned.

"A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally." (Article 123)

Foreigners with legal immigration problems may be deported from Mexico instead of being imprisoned. (Article 125)

Foreigners who "attempt against national sovereignty or security" will be deported. (Article 126)

A Mexican who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127)

Shipping and airline companies that bring undocumented foreigners into Mexico will be fined. (Article 132)
Mexico Legal Resources & – WashLaw Web

That is immigration law from Mexico, and what I find striking is that groups that seek to dismiss US Immigration law, would at the same time not condemn the very same laws from the nation in which a vast majority of illegal immigration comes from.

"We strongly protest the unilateral measures taken by the U.S. Congress and government that have only persecuted and exacerbated the mistreatment of Mexican undocumented workers," he said. "The insensitivity toward those who support the U.S. economy and society has only served as an impetus to reinforce the battle ... for their rights."

He also reached out to the millions of Mexicans living in the United States, many illegally, saying: "Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico."
Mexico Blasts U.S. Immigration Policies - washingtonpost.com

I find it interesting that somehow the United States is not entitled to enforce it's own immigration laws but yet Mexico is.

Forum List

Back