LA Gov. Bobby Jindal refuses to implement Obamacare despite Supreme Court ruling

Americans are evenly divided, 46 percent to 46 percent, on whether they support the Supreme Court's decision to uphold President Barack Obama's health care reform on Thursday, according to a new Gallup poll. Nearly 80 percent of Democrats agree with the court, compared to 45 percent of independents and only 13 percent of Republicans. Americans evenly divided on court

Americans don't like to be TAXED. so the 46% who agree with OBAMATAX don't pay taxes.

False logic.

absolutely true.

So conservatives can attack Obama for not enforcing federal immigration law, but ignoring the ACA federal law is justified? Two wrongs don't make a right.

He is not Ignoring the Law Moron, You are Ignorant of the Law. States have the Choice to Not Set up an Exchange and Can Opt out of the Medicaid Increases as well.

He is with in the Law, and the Law provides that the Fed will set up an Exchange for his State if they do not want to.

So your comparison to Obama refusing to do his Constitutional Duty to Enforce all our laws, To A State saying they wont set up an Exchange just shows us all how little you actually know about the Law you love so much.

Americans are evenly divided, 46 percent to 46 percent, on whether they support the Supreme Court's decision to uphold President Barack Obama's health care reform on Thursday, according to a new Gallup poll. Nearly 80 percent of Democrats agree with the court, compared to 45 percent of independents and only 13 percent of Republicans. Americans evenly divided on court

Americans don't like to be TAXED. so the 46% who agree with OBAMATAX don't pay taxes.

False logic.

I am sure it's not Universally True, but the Polls pretty much prove there is truth to the Idea.

People who already have Good Insurance are not seeing much Benefit from this. They don't see Costs dropping, the Premiums are still going up, and now they will pay a % tax on their Monthly Premiums. So Logic would say that if you already have Insurance you are more likely to be opposed to this Bill, while if you stand to gain from this bill, because you are poorer you probably do not pay Federal Income Tax, and are more likely to be for this bill.

Nice try, but no. I'm up on the law...and I'm a lawyer, so I'm betting I understand it better than you do. Doesn't me 100% right 100% of the time, but yeah. I'll go with me over you.

That out of the way...it depends on what you mean by "ignore".

State House Insurance Committee Chairman Greg Cromer, R-Slidell, said the state can't continue to ignore the law now that it has been upheld by the Supreme Court.

"I do not agree with the Supreme Court's decision in this matter, but our personal views are irrelevant at this point in terms of public policy," Cromer said in a statement. "While many are working in Congress to fully repeal the ACA, we must simultaneously begin preparing for its impact on Louisiana businesses and families."

Apparently I'm not the only one who uses the word ignore that way.

False logic.

I am sure it's not Universally True, but the Polls pretty much prove there is truth to the Idea.

People who already have Good Insurance are not seeing much Benefit from this. They don't see Costs dropping, the Premiums are still going up, and now they will pay a % tax on their Monthly Premiums. So Logic would say that if you already have Insurance you are more likely to be opposed to this Bill, while if you stand to gain from this bill, because you are poorer you probably do not pay Federal Income Tax, and are more likely to be for this bill.

of course they don't see lower prices ... YET. It hasn't even been implemented. "So Logic would say" you don't have enough information to do anything more than pick an expert that you trust, and wait to see what happens.

if Jindal does this Obama will withhold all federal funding to the state of Louisiana. [/B]

Con govs throwing a fit. This is priceless. The cons are going batshit crazy. That's ok. If Jindal doesn't want to implement the law, then the fed gov will do it for him.

The way the law was written gives the states the right to opt out, you suggesting the administration should break the law?

The way it is written the feds can do it for the states if they opt out. You gotta read and comprehend to understand.

I think Roberts voted as he did on purpose, because he knew that it would energizes the republicans and ensure an obama lose in November, and then the entire bill would be repealed anyway.

"Loss" The english language.. learn it...love it.

The only thing "sure" is if the GOP wastes the next four months trying to kill a bill that was passed and co-signed by the Supreme court they will pay dearly for this waste of the taxpayers money in November.

You teabaggers are really the dumbest motherfuckers to ever come upon the American political scene.

Unlike those "rocket scientists" pitching their tents, and enlightening the rest of us with their ever so clear message we refer to as the OWS movement... Like a bowel movement maybe.

Everyone saying that lots of states will opt out aren't really looking back at history. When the Federal Gov't puts money on the table, state citizens pressure governors and state congress members to take it. And usually they do.

FFS, how do you think we got the laws on the books that the drinking age has to be 21? The fed gives states money if they do. If they reject the money...they can do whatever they want.

The way it is written the feds can do it for the states if they opt out. You gotta read and comprehend to understand.

SEE HOW SMART jINDAL IS.. nEW YORK GETS TO PAY FOR LOUISIANA.. HEEE HEEE HEEE.. AND FUCKING ILLINOIS TOO

And that would be Just deserts for the BLUE STATES that think that other States don't pay enough to perpetuate thier vaunted WELFARE PLANTATIONS that aren't sustainable. :badgrin::clap2:

False logic.

of course they don't see lower prices ... YET. It hasn't even been implemented. "So Logic would say" you don't have enough information to do anything more than pick an expert that you trust, and wait to see what happens.

It's not going to lower their Premiums even After it's implemented, and it's not going to do anything before NOV.

Exactly, See the Bills most Vocal Defenders have no fucking Clue what the Bill even says, or the SCOTUS ruling on it.

I am telling you for the most part it is people opposed to this bill, who are much more informed about what is actually in it, than it's defenders.

He's smart. Why spend tax payer money on something that will be repealed shortly after Obama loses the election?

Do you truly think it can be repealed so easily? What would it take to repeal it?

Based upon the precedent that Obama has set , a simple executive order "refusing to implement" will be the first step. Then the Senate can vote to repeal the entire clusterfuck using a simple majority vote (google "reconciliation"). The House follows and.....Bang Boom Bam!! ObamataxandspendcuzwedontCare is shredded like a piece of garbage.....along with Obama's legacy of incompetence and failure.

Ok, so were you against what Obama did with his Executive Order in theory? If so, why do you seem to be in favor of Mitt Romney doing the same thing?

As far as the Senate and 'reconciliation' you are making the assumption that the republicans will be in the majority after November 2012. What makes you think that they will be in the majority after election day?

If they are smart, all governors would refuse to set up exchanges and other aspects of Obamacare, until they know what's what in November.

Why waste money?

What each state should do is start their own INS co. for their residents only. Have a huge pool and those who want to can participate. Those who don't are on their own.

What happens if the ones that don't comply go to the Emergency Room to get their health care and don't pay their bills?

I will say that I saw a news special with a large local hospital around here, where one of the big wigs seemed to imply that they are better off 'writing off' the uninsured care than having them as a source of revenue on Medicaid. Pretty interesting...................

If they are smart, all governors would refuse to set up exchanges and other aspects of Obamacare, until they know what's what in November.

Why waste money?

What each state should do is start their own INS co. for their residents only. Have a huge pool and those who want to can participate. Those who don't are on their own.

What happens if the ones that don't comply go to the Emergency Room to get their health care and don't pay their bills?

Then the hospital writes it off as an expense, what happens when people that can't afford their monthly insurance premium?

Then the hospital writes it off as an expense, what happens when people that can't afford their monthly insurance premium?

well in Louisana they'd put them on a road work detail til the bill's paid. nothing wrong with that.

This is a strong bold move in defiance of the Supreme Court affirming President Obama's 'Affordable Care Act'. It is also a slap in the face to Obama but I fear if Jindal does this Obama will withhold all federal funding to the state of Louisiana.
That might make the difference....'cause Bobby surely does enjoy those STIM-CHECK$!!!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w894xqReOdo]Rachel Maddow Exposes Republican Hypocrisy For What It Is......BS.flv - YouTube[/ame]​

High Court Ruling Will Provoke States to Nullify ObamaCare

853.gif

Forum List

Back