Denver City Council Member Who Wanted to Tax White Owned Businesses and Give Money to Minority Owned Businesses Loses Reelection in Blowout

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
I guess abortion isn't the winner the left thinks it is.

Denver City Council Member Who Wanted to Tax White Owned Businesses and Give Money to Minority Owned Businesses Loses Reelection in Blowout​

by Mike LaChance
In May, we told you about Candi CdeBaca, a member of the city council in Denver who was running for reelection and wanted to tax white owned businesses more and give the money to minority owned businesses.

It was basically a form of reparations based on the far-left concept of equity.

Well, that idea may have cost her the race, because she lost her reelection bid in a blowout.

Here’s what she said at the time:

How did that work out for her?

Denver Westworld reports:

Candi Crushed: District 9’s CdeBaca Loses to Darrell Watson by Over 3,500 Votes
The biggest surprise of the Denver runoff elections went down in District 9 on Tuesday, June 6, as incumbent councilwoman Candi CdeBaca got walloped by small-business owner Darrell Watson by more than 3,500 votes.
While numbers were still being tallied, Watson was quick to declare victory during his election watch party at Tracks nightclub in RiNo, telling reporters at around 9 p.m. that his campaign felt confident enough to do so on account of his widening lead.
CdeBaca did not concede that night; people from Watson’s camp said late Tuesday that her campaign team had not reached out to them to wave the white flag. It wasn’t until the final release of election results today, June 7, that the councilwoman offered a statement accepting defeat.
“While the results in my race are not what I hoped for, the goal in this election was to bring more progressive candidates to the table,” CdeBaca said, referring to Shontel Lewis, who had the lead in District 8, and Shannon Hoffman, who made the runoff for District 10.

Why more people left Colorado in 2022 than moved in

Jan 4, 2023 · DENVER ( KDVR) — The 2022 United Van Lines movers study was released this week, and it looks like more people left Colorado last year than moved into the state. According to the data, Colorado...

comment:
People are leaving the backwards Democrat cities like Denver.

If true perhaps she is not experienced at any pushback. In real emergencies millions of Prog women will end up killing tens of millions of sheep in chaotic times.

What do you mean "if true"? It's right in the article she conceded. Granted I shouldn't try and make sense of what you say.

Forum List

Back