KY lawmaker's gun fires in Capitol office

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Ky. lawmaker's gun fires in Capitol office
Tom Loftus, The (Louisville, Ky.) Courier-Journal 2:40 p.m. EST January 8, 2014
On accidental discharge, Rep. Leslie Combs said, 'It happens.'

(Photo: The (Louisville, Ky.) Courier-Journal)

Story Highlights

2350 CONNECT 80 TWEETLINKEDIN 46 COMMENTEMAILMORE
FRANKFORT, Ky. — Rep. Leslie Combs accidentally fired her handgun while unloading it in her office in the Capitol Annex on Tuesday.

"I'm a gun owner. It happens," she said Wednesday, adding that she was following safety precautions as she unloaded her Ruger 380 semi-automatic handgun. No one was injured.

Combs said she has a concealed carry permit, allowing her to carry the gun, which she said she often carries in her purse.

Kentucky State Police Sgt. Jason Palmer, who heads the legislative security unit, said Combs accidentally fired the gun once about 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.

"No evidence of criminal acts were observed," he said, adding that most of the bullet fragments were recovered and there was no sign that any fragment traveled outside the room.

He said the incident was reported to the state police at 4:25 p.m.

Combs, a Democrat who's served in the House since 2007, said Rep. Jeff Greer, D-Brandenburg, was the only other person in the office when the gun fired.

"I'm a gun owner. It happens". I've owned guns for my entire life. No, it does not "happen".

Note that she's a Dem. Not just Repubs who can be stupid.

Story Highlights

FRANKFORT, Ky. — Rep. Leslie Combs accidentally fired her handgun while unloading it in her office in the Capitol Annex on Tuesday.

"I'm a gun owner. It happens," she said Wednesday, adding that she was following safety precautions as she unloaded her Ruger 380 semi-automatic handgun. No one was injured.

Combs said she has a concealed carry permit, allowing her to carry the gun, which she said she often carries in her purse.

Kentucky State Police Sgt. Jason Palmer, who heads the legislative security unit, said Combs accidentally fired the gun once about 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.

"No evidence of criminal acts were observed," he said, adding that most of the bullet fragments were recovered and there was no sign that any fragment traveled outside the room.

Combs, a Democrat who's served in the House since 2007, said Rep. Jeff Greer, D-Brandenburg, was the only other person in the office when the gun fired.

"I'm a gun owner. It happens". I've owned guns for my entire life. No, it does not "happen".

Just another inbred slackjaw from jesusland

Story Highlights

"Note that she's a Dem. Not just Repubs who can be stupid."

Yeah, but Dems make a career out of stupid.

People who are not very familiar with handguns should buy a revolver, not an automatic.

I knew she had to be a Democrat. Bet Duddly missed that. :lol:

S.J.

You didn't read my OP, did you.

Hossfly

@Mentioned Hossfly because, even though he had no clue what he was actually agreeing to, good little robot that he is, he automatically clicked on the agree button.

I made it a point to mention it twice. I quoted it and then I wrote it again.

Typical dumb ass RWs, never pay attention to anything but fux lies and then they ALWAYS act like they know it all. But they never ever know anything at all.

Jesus H Fucking Christ. No wonder they'll vote for any damn Repub who promises to keep them poor.
:puke:

Last edited:

S.J.
Hossfly

Typical dumb ass RWs, never pay attention to anything but fux lies and then they ALWAYS act like they know it all. But they never ever know anything at all.
I was just quoting you, Sweet Thang.

S.J.

Hossfly

@Mentioned Hossfly because, even though he had no clue what he was actually agreeing to, good little robot that he is, he automatically clicked on the agree button.

Jesus H Fucking Christ. No wonder they'll vote for any damn Repub who promises to keep them poor.
Not many do.

S.J.
Hossfly

You "agreed" to the post by sj where he said I 'missed that she's a dem'.

KY lawmaker s gun fires in Capitol office US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

S.J.

Hossfly

Not many do.

As usual, you form an opinion without having the facts to back it up. Then, when the facts are pointed out to you, you hide behind insults.

No wonder you're a fux fan.

Not at all surprising that you don't have the balls to just admit you made a mistake.

Once again some perspective. Former anti-gun senator Edward "Ted" Kennedy's privately hired (civilian) bodyguard was arrested for trying to enter the senate office building with a freaking fully automatic weapon which was illegal in D.C. as well as the rest of the United States. The indictment was quietly dismissed. Freaking anti-gun left wing hypocrites value their precious asses more than complying with the law.

S.J.
Hossfly

KY lawmaker s gun fires in Capitol office US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Sowwy. I dint mean to hurt your widdle bitty feewings.

S.J.
Hossfly

You base your opinion lies and then you act all pleased and superior about it.

You didn't hurt my feelings.

I am making fun of you.

And you're still too damn dumb to get it.

:rolleyes-41:

S.J.
Hossfly

You base your opinion lies and then you act all pleased and superior about it.

You didn't hurt my feelings.

I am making fun of you.

And you're still too damn dumb to get it.

:rolleyes-41:
Fat, dumb and happy. Anyway, Happy New Year.

Forum List

Back