Kudos Mr. President

Immanuel

Gold Member
May 15, 2007
I realize that I do not typically have many nice things to say about politicians of any persuasion, but when I read this last night I actually thought maybe there was a little bit of decency left in a politician or two.

Will Smith's kid asked Obama about aliens. And the president said ... | Blastr

When Smith and his family were getting a tour of the White House from the first family—because, when you're WIll Smith, the president is the one who gives the tours—Jaden decided to spring the question:

"So we get into the Situation Room and Jaden gets the look in his eyes and he leans over and he says, 'Dad, what's my punishment?' ... And Barack is starting to talk about this Situation Room and Jaden says, 'Excuse me, Mr. President?'
"Barack said, 'Don't tell me.' And in perfect form—like this is why he is the president—he stopped and looked at Jaden and said, 'The aliens, right? ... OK, I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of extraterrestrials but I can tell you if there had been a top secret meeting and if there would have had to have been a discussion about it, it would have taken place in this room.'

If this did in fact happen, that was a pretty cool way to deal with a kid. Rather than just shine him on, he took the time to deal with Jaden as a person.

I wonder how other politicans would have handled this. Would Romney have taken the time to answer Jaden's question? How about Nancy Pelosi? Or would the words, "go away kid, I'm busy have been heard in the situation room?

By the way, No, I am still not voting for him.

Immie

If this "president" didn't believe in space aliens how could he have any faith in himself?

Well, if you actually read the link, he neither confirmed nor denied the existence of extraterrestrials. ;)

Who says he doesn't believe?

Immie

This is a very basic and important difference between President Obama and what's his name.

Our president actually cares about human beings.

Probably because he is one, which is another difference.

Forum List

Back