Krugman Nails GOP Lunatic Hypocrisy

AND still no repudation of WHAT Krugman said.
I am becoming more convinced he is correct.

But what did he say? If you try and pull an argument out of the OP you get air. It is just like a Dante post.. There are words and they are arranged into grammatical sentences, but as for real discussion, all you have is hot corrosive wind.

It is like building mad libs from refrigerator magnets. We will put Republican at the end of the sentence, put a pejorative adjective in front of that, arrange a predicate, find a animate noun for the subject, and hey, we got a Krugman/Dante argument.

Like so:

"Soybeans are oppressed by homophobic Republicans."

That has the same degree of rationality as what was posted at the front of the topic.
So we not only get your usual attack on the source and not the arguments, we get an attack on the Original Poster and a Show & Tell of Baruch's English Skill...an English Lesson?

:rofl:

so Baruch is a frustrated/failed academic ..a constipated pedantic?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OK, so here is your assignment.... Find an actual argument in that. If he said anything, show the logical steps to it.

Now pass me the KaoPectate.

I place most of the blame on the Federal Reserve, these bubbles that burst never would have inflated had it not been for ridiculously low interest rates, blaming the free market where there is no true free market is ludicrous and blaming banks and private industries instead of the monetary policies is akin to ...

...passing out "Sugar Daddies" and Coca Colas to a kindergarten class and then blaming the children for the sugar rush.:cuckoo:

Your Free Market would have NO regulation. Now that is :cuckoo:

Free Marketeers who hide every failed Free Market concept or policy behind your kind of thinking are Clowns in search of a Circus.

Blaming the industry for their unrestrained greed is responsible.

Giving industry a pass becaue you believe in an imaginary 'invisible hand' is pathetic. There is NO invisible hand.

We have people who worked with derivatives and morgtages laughing at others who bought what they knew was garbage.

and the meltdown had more to do with the Markets lacking regulation (which you admit/infer) than not.....and the meltdown was caused by more than morgtages and Fed rates

Where did you get that my free market would have no regulation? You speak of talking points by many here but you make talking points, name some regulations that would have prevented the bubbles from happening or bursting since derivatives made up less than 1% of the losses.

How many times do you have to be told not to take the brown acid?

USMB's Frank Burns stand in (Mash), character utters yet another of his dopey nitwitticisms?

go figure

Sorry Dante as usual .....

you20losemb8.jpg

But it's okay, the world has learned not to expect much from you progressive lunatics. :)

I place most of the blame on the Federal Reserve, these bubbles that burst never would have inflated had it not been for ridiculously low interest rates, blaming the free market where there is no true free market is ludicrous and blaming banks and private industries instead of the monetary policies is akin to ...

...passing out "Sugar Daddies" and Coca Colas to a kindergarten class and then blaming the children for the sugar rush.:cuckoo:

Your Free Market would have NO regulation. Now that is :cuckoo:

Free Marketeers who hide every failed Free Market concept or policy behind your kind of thinking are Clowns in search of a Circus.

Blaming the industry for their unrestrained greed is responsible.

Giving industry a pass becaue you believe in an imaginary 'invisible hand' is pathetic. There is NO invisible hand.

We have people who worked with derivatives and morgtages laughing at others who bought what they knew was garbage.

and the meltdown had more to do with the Markets lacking regulation (which you admit/infer) than not.....and the meltdown was caused by more than morgtages and Fed rates

Where did you get that my free market would have no regulation? You speak of talking points by many here but you make talking points, name some regulations that would have prevented the bubbles from happening or bursting since derivatives made up less than 1% of the losses.
I apologize for paying less than full attention to you post. This thread has been so filled with idiocies that I did a diservice to your honest effort.

let me try again (in another post).

peace
D.

But what did he say? If you try and pull an argument out of the OP you get air. It is just like a Dante post.. There are words and they are arranged into grammatical sentences, but as for real discussion, all you have is hot corrosive wind.

It is like building mad libs from refrigerator magnets. We will put Republican at the end of the sentence, put a pejorative adjective in front of that, arrange a predicate, find a animate noun for the subject, and hey, we got a Krugman/Dante argument.

Like so:

That has the same degree of rationality as what was posted at the front of the topic.

I have been following a bit of what Krugman has been saying for the last sveral years.
in my opinion he does not have everything correct.
One thing iin his favor with me is he did start seeing the system falling apart before most of the right wing oriented ones did. He has been pretty close on it's effects and cuase and effect as well.

Now with the right haviing difficulty in defeating his statements...
Well... that just gives more evidence in my opinion that he is closer to correct than the right wingers are.

... he mentions Clinton's penis and places no blame on banks and lenders. Another Free Marketeer spouting...Don't blame private industry, blame the regulators.

I place most of the blame on the Federal Reserve, these bubbles that burst never would have inflated had it not been for ridiculously low interest rates,..
So you are saying interest rates are to blame ''most'' for the financial crisis....maybe the crisis would not have happened if interest rates were higher?

and you say bubbles would not inflate without low interest rates,

...blaming the free market where there is no true free market is ludicrous...
This is where I saw the invisible hand of lunacy. As long as there is one regulation some will argue there is NO free market.

Maybe you could list what kind of regulations could exist in what you imagine a ''true'' free market would look like?

...and blaming banks and private industries instead of the monetary policies is akin to passing out "Sugar Daddies" and Coca Colas to a kindergarten class and then blaming the children for the sugar rush.:cuckoo:
Putting responsibility for actions at the doors of private enterprise is what I advocate. Principles of behavior and more can guide an industry. An unmitigated pursuit of profits..greed at all costs...is anathema to a healthy economy. Killing the goose that lays the golden eggs because one has a sudden hunger for fowl, is unwise.

When business/industry advocates deregulation, and some sort of deregulation takes place, and then the shit hits the fan, it is the cry of 'we weren't regulated enough' that gets spouted by business/industry mouthpieces.

We saw this a few decades ago with the S&L scandals and now we see it here again.

How many times do you have to be told not to take the brown acid?

USMB's Frank Burns stand in (Mash), character utters yet another of his dopey nitwitticisms?

go figure

Sorry Dante as usual .....

you20losemb8.jpg

But it's okay, the world has learned not to expect much from you progressive lunatics. :)
another love letter? you're hanging around with that Dopey Dude again, aren't ya?

Silly boy. He has a bad case of Dante Fevah and I see it is still in the infectious stage.

take two koolaid enemas and call me in the morning

But what type regulations do you think would have prevented the markets from tanking? I believe in regulations that protect private property rights, the environment, punishes for fraud and things of that nature but what regulations would have prevented this recession and I'm asking sincerely with the advantage of 20-20 hindsight in your favor.

Like so:

I have been following a bit of what Krugman has been saying for the last sveral years.
One thing iin his favor with me is he did start seeing the system falling apart before most of the right wing oriented ones did. He has been pretty close on it's effects and cuase and effect as well.

Well... that just gives more evidence in my opinion that he is closer to correct than the right wingers are.

And that has the validity of the hypochondriac`s tombstone `See, I told you I was sick!`
He has been predicting gloom, doom and disaster from day one, but he was a big supporter of the cause of the disaster as a good thing. Whenever anyone suggested fixing Fannie or Freddie or the whole sub prime mess, he was the first in the chorus going `Racist!`

Like so:

And that has the validity of the hypochondriac`s tombstone `See, I told you I was sick!`
He has been predicting gloom, doom and disaster from day one, but he was a big supporter of the cause of the disaster as a good thing. Whenever anyone suggested fixing Fannie or Freddie or the whole sub prime mess, he was the first in the chorus going `Racist!`

Oh his support of some of the causes that led up to this mess is a problem with me as well.
And is likely the main answer why the right can not really find fault with his statements?

I am of the opinion that much of what our economists were taught and have practiced for decades are now obsolete.

Last edited:

Like so:

So we not only get your usual attack on the source and not the arguments, we get an attack on the Original Poster and a Show & Tell of Baruch's English Skill...an English Lesson?

Thats a common technique.

Like so:

I issue you the same challenge I gave Dante.... Find an actual thesis and argument that we can discuss beyond the level of `Republicans are _______________` (Fill in pejorative de jour. )

Until then, I will respond in kind. Paul Krugman is a Sirocco... A hot dry desert wind that goes on forever and makes for madness.

Krugman should know all about hypocrisy.

he's nothing but a two bit Democrat-Progressive whore.:lol:

Now that post took some real intelligence and some real class!! Whoa!! Heavy!! That was Heavy!!

Way to show us some facts or to come up with a real arguement!! Awsome man!! That is just awsome!!

:clap2::clap2:

Truth hurts don't it!!

Repukes did do all those things and have tried to cut medicare!! They cut education, and anything that actually does some good in this nation.. Repukes have done nothing positive for this nation.. Nothing.. And that is a fact!! But feel free to try and prove me wrong on that one..

Try a little harder on your posts dude.. Use your head for something other than a hair factory..

Have a nice day... :eusa_whistle:

I issue you the same challenge I gave Dante.... Find an actual thesis and argument that we can discuss beyond the level of `Republicans are _______________` (Fill in pejorative de jour. )

Until then, I will respond in kind. Paul Krugman is a Sirocco... A hot dry desert wind that goes on forever and makes for madness.

Fair enough. Ok, here we go..

I hated Sirocco's but I loved the GTI. I got one in 87. Loved that car and VW back then was worth it. Not so much now.

The Sirocco's body style was not for me at all. I liked the boxy cut of the GTI much better and you would be amazed how many after market body parts they had for that car. As long as you didn't over do it, they can look great. :lol:

8612890001_large.jpg

Last edited:
As I said before, Krugman is a drunken Keynesian, unable to accept that both Nixon and Obama's administration have disproven Keynesian stimulus theory.

To Krugman, the reason why Obama's attempt at Keynesian stimulus failed is because Obama didn't spend enough. He cannot even imagine that the Austrian school may be correct. Further, Krugman's argument is unfalsifiable...no matter how much we spend in so-called stimulus, Krugman can always claim that "we didn't spend enough". No matter what happens, he's always right, in his mind.

He refuses to accept evidence contradicting his theory and makes unfalsifiable claims...nothing more needs to be said.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back