Krugman Nails GOP Lunatic Hypocrisy

Thats a common technique.

I issue you the same challenge I gave Dante.... Find an actual thesis and argument that we can discuss beyond the level of `Republicans are _______________` (Fill in pejorative de jour. )

Until then, I will respond in kind. Paul Krugman is a Sirocco... A hot dry desert wind that goes on forever and makes for madness.

I am shocked!

I am shocked that USMB's esteemed Professor of English didn't pick up on the fact that I called him a something or other 'pedantic' and not 'pedant'

*grin

<snark>I sent you off with a request, and you vanished for 30 hours in quest of what I asked for, which was to find any semantic meaning to your original post. anything at all.
After 30 hours, you come back with this.

I asked Zona to do the same thing. He couldn't either.

The three of us have come to the conclusion that there is no more to Krugman's original statement than you will find in one of the moldy cheetos under your desk.

Three of us have gone in search and found nothing.</snark>

Is this really all you got?

Is there so little to you that you admire a vacuum so much?

If you admire Vacuums.... Go admire this one.
thumbnail.aspx

This vacuum does honest work. Something Krugman does not.

Last edited:
I have been following a bit of what Krugman has been saying for the last sveral years.
in my opinion he does not have everything correct.
One thing iin his favor with me is he did start seeing the system falling apart before most of the right wing oriented ones did. He has been pretty close on it's effects and cuase and effect as well.

Now with the right haviing difficulty in defeating his statements...
Well... that just gives more evidence in my opinion that he is closer to correct than the right wingers are.
When your general opinion is that everything is always on the verge of utter collapse, you'll eventually be right.

The broken clock and all that......

Ahh that old story. I tell the Armegeddonites the same thing.

I issue you the same challenge I gave Dante.... Find an actual thesis and argument that we can discuss beyond the level of `Republicans are _______________` (Fill in pejorative de jour. )

Until then, I will respond in kind. Paul Krugman is a Sirocco... A hot dry desert wind that goes on forever and makes for madness.

I am shocked!

I am shocked that USMB's esteemed Professor of English didn't pick up on the fact that I called him a something or other 'pedantic' and not 'pedant'

*grin

<snark>I sent you off with a request, and you vanished for 30 hours in quest of what I asked for, which was to find any semantic meaning to your original post. anything at all.
After 30 hours, you come back with this.

I asked Zona to do the same thing. He couldn't either.

The three of us have come to the conclusion that there is no more to Krugman's original statement than you will find in one of the moldy cheetos under your desk.

Three of us have gone in search and found nothing.</snark>

Is this really all you got?

Is there so little to you that you admire a vacuum so much?

If you admire Vacuums.... Go admire this one.
thumbnail.aspx

This vacuum does honest work. Something Krugman does not.

tff

You think I saw that post before I went out into the scary old real world? LOL

What a dufus! :rfol:

Later, when time permits, I'll do you a service and I'll start a thread with Krugman's argument...addressed to you.

now the rea world calls. I only wish I had seen this earlier. LOL

gawd, you're not only a pathetic pedant, but a pseudo-intellectual as well?

go figure

First post was two days ago and I have been moaning about lack of anything to it ever since.

I will cheer you on if you do find anything there. But if there had been, I am sure someone would have posted it in the last 60 hours.

Where did you get that my free market would have no regulation? You speak of talking points by many here but you make talking points, name some regulations that would have prevented the bubbles from happening or bursting since derivatives made up less than 1% of the losses.

Not allowing commercial banks to roll their loans into worthless investment vehicles would have been a good start.

You have the benefit of hindsight but what defines a "worthless investment" moving forward and who gets to define and regulate what is and isn't a sound investment?

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out that loans given to people with little/no credit and without a down payment aren't structurally sound.

Not allowing commercial banks to roll their loans into worthless investment vehicles would have been a good start.

You have the benefit of hindsight but what defines a "worthless investment" moving forward and who gets to define and regulate what is and isn't a sound investment?

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out that loans given to people with little/no credit and without a down payment aren't structurally sound.

It also does not take a rocket scientist to realize that grouping those loans together and rating them low risk were not a sound investment.

Forum List

Back