Koch: "I smell Munich in the air..."

This menstruation's entire policy on Israel IMO gives Hillary Clinton plenty of cannon fodder should she choose to run for the Democrat nomination in 2012.

You saw Koch there, deflecting any responsibility or blame off Hillary already.

The balance of power in the Dem party is starting to shift.
A Democratic Haiku

What our party needs,
An incompetent failure,
Next amoral bitch.
I don't see President Obama as a failure. He's accomplishing exactly what he intends to do.

There WILL be unintended consequences, but I believe he and his think tank have weighed those, and figure it's worth the risks.

But many see the consequences...and it will work against Obama and the other Anti-Semites.

Iran could have uranium for one bomb in year: U.S. official
Wed Apr 14, 11:27 am ET
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Iran could produce enough highly enriched uranium with the number of centrifuges it has installed to build one nuclear bomb in as little as a year, the head of the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency said on Wednesday.

"The general consensus -- not knowing again the exact number of centrifuges that we actually have visibility into -- is we're talking one year," Lieutenant General Ronald Burgess told a Senate panel.

Michele Flournoy, Under Secretary of Defense for Policy, said President Barack Obama has made clear all options are on the table to rein in Iran's nuclear program but that "military options are not preferable and we continue to believe that the most effective approach at this point in time is the combination of diplomacy and pressure."

So..............how do the k00ks contend the United States address this news???

Ummmmmm.............should we continue to "talk" until were blue in the face????:lol::lol:

Iran could have uranium for one bomb in year: U.S. official
Wed Apr 14, 11:27 am ET
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Iran could produce enough highly enriched uranium with the number of centrifuges it has installed to build one nuclear bomb in as little as a year, the head of the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency said on Wednesday.

"The general consensus -- not knowing again the exact number of centrifuges that we actually have visibility into -- is we're talking one year," Lieutenant General Ronald Burgess told a Senate panel.

Michele Flournoy, Under Secretary of Defense for Policy, said President Barack Obama has made clear all options are on the table to rein in Iran's nuclear program but that "military options are not preferable and we continue to believe that the most effective approach at this point in time is the combination of diplomacy and pressure."

So..............how do the k00ks contend the United States address this news???

Ummmmmm.............should we continue to "talk" until were blue in the face????:lol::lol:

Yep. With "No Preconditions"

YouTube - NYC Mayor (D) Blasts Obama's Abandonment Of Israel & Jew Support For Obama

This statement from the former mayor of NY made Cavuto blink and twitch more than Nancy Pelosi, and made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up as I watched it live.

I had to rewind it to hear it again, and yes.... Koch definitely evoked Munich. What does he mean? Is he comparing Obama to Hitler? Can't be.

I think he's comparing Obama to Chamberlain, who gave the massive concessions to Hitler at Munich, then declared, "peace in our time."

However, wasn't it also Munich where Hitler made his "final solution" speech? And also was pretty much the birthplace of the Nazi party in the 20s? Yes it was.

Definitely also, it was Munich in 1972 where the PLO took hostage 11 Israeli athletes and killed them all during the botched W. Germany rescue attempt. The three PLO members who were captured were released that same year, in another appeasement move to get a hijacked jet back.

Koch represents the vast majority of moderate democrats out there, and his statements over the last few months should greatly alarm any Obama fan.

If you lose the moderates, you lose everything.

I love Ed. He's a great guy. But Ed isn't moderate. He's campaigned for neo-cons pretty consistently lately.

and obama hasn't 'lost the moderates'. he never had ed.

Bless your misguided heart.

"The American Jewish community feels betrayed."

WTF did they expect? Obama has nothing for Israel because it's a democratic state and thus opposed to the 3rd world tinpot countries which surround it. And those are the same countries that Obama's radical chic impulses tell him to support.
I was saying long before the election that Jews who supported Obama were on a suicide mission. Sadly some still cling to this fantasy, happily jettisoning their own interests so as to appear enlightened and liberal.
Fools.

YouTube - NYC Mayor (D) Blasts Obama's Abandonment Of Israel & Jew Support For Obama

This statement from the former mayor of NY made Cavuto blink and twitch more than Nancy Pelosi, and made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up as I watched it live.

I had to rewind it to hear it again, and yes.... Koch definitely evoked Munich. What does he mean? Is he comparing Obama to Hitler? Can't be.

I think he's comparing Obama to Chamberlain, who gave the massive concessions to Hitler at Munich, then declared, "peace in our time."

However, wasn't it also Munich where Hitler made his "final solution" speech? And also was pretty much the birthplace of the Nazi party in the 20s? Yes it was.

Definitely also, it was Munich in 1972 where the PLO took hostage 11 Israeli athletes and killed them all during the botched W. Germany rescue attempt. The three PLO members who were captured were released that same year, in another appeasement move to get a hijacked jet back.

Koch represents the vast majority of moderate democrats out there, and his statements over the last few months should greatly alarm any Obama fan.

If you lose the moderates, you lose everything.

I love Ed. He's a great guy. But Ed isn't moderate. He's campaigned for neo-cons pretty consistently lately.

and obama hasn't 'lost the moderates'. he never had ed.
Like you my dear, Ed was for Hillary, but was one of the first and most powerful Dems to switch off and endorse President Obama.

Ed is moderate. He is a liberal. But like he said, not a crazy liberal.

On this deal it just is what it is. He smells Munich. He's comparing Obama to Chamberlain. It's quite clear.

There is no way the Jewish vote in this country will in large measure go for Republicans.
No one's asserted anything like that.

see, that's the thing... repubs are silly. they actually have natural constituencies in jews and blacks. blacks are, by and large, very conservative. they're church-going and would be amenable (most, not all) to a conservative message (same as they voted for prop 8 in droves).... but the repubs have a horrible record on social justice issues and racial undertones permeate their message.

jews on the other hand, would be a natural constitency for the repubs because of their greater support for israel. but they don't vote repub in the main for the same reason... .the repubs terrible record on social justice issues and the fact that they've allowed a christian right agenda to permeate the party platform.

silly to turn one's back on one's natural constituents.

where's al d'amato when you need him?

Last edited:
A Democratic Haiku

What our party needs,
An incompetent failure,
Next amoral bitch.
I don't see President Obama as a failure. He's accomplishing exactly what he intends to do.

There WILL be unintended consequences, but I believe he and his think tank have weighed those, and figure it's worth the risks.

But many see the consequences...and it will work against Obama and the other Anti-Semites.
I'm not calling Obama a anti-Semite. Koch isn't either. I'm calling him an appeaser, calling him someone who is biting the very hand that in large part helped get him elected.

Whether he gets away with that or not remains to be seen.

Like you my dear, Ed was for Hillary, but was one of the first and most powerful Dems to switch off and endorse President Obama.

On this deal it just is what it is. He smells Munich. He's comparing Obama to Chamberlain. It's quite clear.

Ah, but he also supported bush's re-election because he liked bush better on the israel issue.

i'd have chewed off my own arm before i pulled a lever for bush.

ed's a neo-con, honey. again, i love him... he's a great man. but he's retarded on the neo-con thing.

There is no way the Jewish vote in this country will in large measure go for Republicans.

see, that's the thing... repubs are silly. they actually have natural constituencies in jews and blacks. blacks are, by and large, very conservative. they're church-going and would be amenable (most, not all) to a conservative message (same as they voted for prop 8 in droves).... but the repubs have a horrible record on social justice issues and racial undertones permeate their message.

jews on the other hand, would be a natural constitency for the repubs because of their greater support for israel. but they don't vote repub in the main for the same reason... .the repubs terrible record on social justice issues and the fact that they've allowed a christian right agenda to permeate the party platform.

The reason the Jewish community here is Liberal is because they have that luxury. Same for the other consistent Dem voting blocs.

You don't see too many liberal Jews IN Israel. Because there, they are on the front lines of a battle for their very survival.

Your assertions re: repugs "terrible record" on "social justice" issues speaks volumes about you.

Ah, but he also supported bush's re-election because he liked bush better on the israel issue.

ed's a neo-con, honey. again, i love him... he's a great man. but he's retarded on the neo-con thing.
Sweetheart, Koch is not a Neocon. He's not a hack. He's a realist and always has been one.

That's why you like and respect him.

The reason the Jewish community here is Liberal is because they have that luxury. Same for the other consistent Dem voting blocs.

You don't see too many liberal Jews IN Israel. Because there, they are on the front lines of a battle for their very survival.

Your assertions re: repugs "terrible record" on "social justice" issues speaks volumes about you.

actually, i don't agree about israelis. there's a reason that the race came down to Netanyahu and Livni... right and left... and was very, very close. and livni may as well be a pal, her politics are so far left.

israel has a very vital left. you should try reading ha'aretz occasionally.

like us, israel isn't a homogeneous environment.

Last edited:

Sweetheart, Koch is not a Neocon. He's not a hack. He's a realist and always has been one.

That's why you like and respect him.

i like him for other reasons, too. and no, he's not a nutbar. and yes, i do like that. but i know when ed's wrong, hon.

actually, i don't agree about israelis. there's a reason that the race came down to Netanyahu and Livni... right and left... and was very, very close. and livni may as well be a pal, her politics are so far left.

Their left would equal our "right." That's how far left they are. They're not hard-left progressives by a long shot.

Hunnee.... How come Ed smells Munich and you do not?

Their left would equal our "right." That's how far left they are. They're not hard-left progressives by a long shot.

because i'm not old and crochety. and i don't believe we can sustain 200 billion dollar wars of choice while the right yells about 'entitlements'...you know, like schools.

but that doesn't mean that i agree with everything they do on the left side of the aisle either.

i just HATE the way the repubs do things now.

see the diff?

because i'm not old and crochety. and i don't believe we can sustain 200 billion dollar wars of choice while the right yells about 'entitlements'...you know, like schools.

but that doesn't mean that i agree with everything they do on the left side of the aisle either.

i just HATE the way the repubs do things now.

see the diff?
Ed Koch has never been an alarmist or a chicken little. And I've never known you to be a ageism bigot.

And as soon as you can show me anyone who believes schools are "entitlements" please let me see.

And the wars are in Obama's hands now, and he is doing nothing different than what Bush already had on the table. But now it's a-ok.

The problem is, you're a hardened partisan. For you that's curable.

Total stupidity isn't. So we have the hardened partisans like truthmattersnot and the ilk. You're not one of those, because like Ed, you're not a nutter.

But you need to wake up and smell the Munich, because Ed has a valid point.

jews on the other hand, would be a natural constitency for the repubs because of their greater support for israel. but they don't vote repub in the main for the same reason... .the repubs terrible record on social justice issues and the fact that they've allowed a christian right agenda to permeate the party platformthat sounds like a bad case of cutting off your nose to spite your face. The Jewish population in America has made a horrible mistake this time I fear.. Mark Levine asked that very question today. Why do Jewish people vote for the anti semitic democrats?

silly to turn one's back on one's natural constituents.even sillier to turn to your natural enemy. innit?

Last edited:

jews on the other hand, would be a natural constitency for the repubs because of their greater support for israel. but they don't vote repub in the main for the same reason... .the repubs terrible record on social justice issues and the fact that they've allowed a christian right agenda to permeate the party platformthat sounds like a bad case of cutting off your nose to spite your face. The Jewish population in America has made a horrible mistake this time I fear.. Mark Levine asked that very question today. Why do Jewish people vote for the anti semitic democrats?

silly to turn one's back on one's natural constituents.even sillier to turn to your natural enemy. innit?

interesting assertion. but jews know that a moderate society is safest. once the repubs went hard loony right, they weren't safe any more.

and we know that any party that has someone who talks about the 'pro-america parts of the country'

and tries to impose a christian right agenda on us

isn't something we can support. (other than a minority of loonier neo-cons)

Last edited:
i don't believe we can sustain 200 billion dollar wars of choice
This shows me you really don't understand what's going on.

We are STILL fighting WW2. This is the Islamic phase of it. I'll explain.

Much unfinished business was left over after WW2. Therefore we had Korea (also still on BTW), Vietnam and the cold war. But what people are failing to recognize is, the creation of the state of Israel IS the reason we have Islamic terrorism. It's the ONLY reason.

These IslamoNazis aren't bent on world domination -- they merely want to eradicate the Jews!

They attack us because we SUPPORT Israel and always have! That's what's going on! So if you want to call it a "war of choice" then the ones making the choice are the radical Islamic Jihadis, not us.

How does a Jewish person get the "blame the victim" mentality?

You don't understand that until either Israel or the radical Islamists are eradicated, this war will continue. Obama doesn't understand that either. He believes he is dealing with reasonable, rational people, just like Chamberlain did when he dealt with Hitler.

Therefore Obama believes that if we just give the back of our hand to Israel, all will be good. But it will NOT be good -- it's a signal to the terrorist world that the time to strike Israel is NOW.

THAT is what Ed is trying to tell you.

Forum List

Back